October 21, 2014 | 1615 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Olay - Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer Plus Touch Of Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am adding this new product to Product Reviews as a tinted moisturizer, because that's what it really is to me, and that is why I bought it. There are very few good tinted moisturizers for truly dry skin at the drugstores ,and even though this Olay is sold on the same racks as the rest of the Olay skincare, it is definitely a must-try for someone looking for a TM at the drugstore. The container reads "for most skin tones" and this product only comes in the one shade. It comes in a very short bottle, but the contents are 1.7oz, a nice size with a good pump that allows dispensing just as much as needed, so there's no waste. The UV ingredients are 4% octisalate, 2% avobenzone, 1% octocrylene, and 1% ensulizole. This product gives the skin a big drink of moisture, leaves a pretty, fresh glow, and gives a bit of coverage in a totally neutral color. I am about an NW20, and if you are any lighter than that, this will be too dark for you. The rest of the ingredients are:
water, glycerin, niacinamide (vitamin B3) dimethicone, titanium dioxide (I guess not enough to be part of the sunscreen listing) isopropyl palmitate, aluminum starch octenysuccinate, behenyl alcohol, sodium ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C) panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E) camellia sinensis leaf extract, zinc oxide, stearyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, poyacrylamide, polyethylene, triethanolamine, cetyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, dimethiconol, peg_100 stearate, c 13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, ammonium polyacrylate, stearic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, fragrance, triethoxycaprylylsilane, iron oxides. This will be a great everyday moisturizer for me on days when I do not need to be putting on a foundation and powder. It felt comfortable without being greasy. For the record, I have dry skin, so this probably would not please someone who is oily. I'd buy again! Nice job, Olay, filling an area that crosses over between treatment and foundation! They have also introduced a similar product in their Definity line that is now being offered in three shades, and L'Oreal has now introduced a radiance perfector in their Age Perfect line, and I'll review these soon. So far the Total Effects is the winner.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

The worst thing that I have ever tried in Olay. I love majority of Olay products but this one was way too greasy and shinny on my skin. My skin started itching and acting really irritated. The foundation in this product is less than any other tinted moisturizer that I have ever tried. I hated it and do not recommend it at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

I've been on a tinted moisturizer kick lately because I have a hard time finding good foundation color matches. My skin is very dry, and usually drinks up products before I can get out of the door. I tried some Olay Definity products and was pleased, so I thought I'd give this a whirl (this isn't Definity, it's Total Effects). There are several "options" you can buy for this same product: unscented, touch of foundation, touch of sunshine, etc. I like the idea that it's a treatment and cosmetic in one. It is expensive for a d/s product ($20) but you get a large bottle (1.7 oz). It comes in a squat bottle with a pump dispenser. I think the pump puts out a little too much product, so I have to spend some time blending it all in. It only comes in one color. That color is compatible with my medium beige skin tone but I can imagine that it could be way off for some people, especially those with darker skin. I guess it is "moisturizer with foundation" rather than "tinted moisturizer" because it has some coverage not just tint, but the coverage is very minimal. All in all, it evens out my skin tone and leaves my skin well-moisturized, so I have to say I like it. I don't think it's quite enough coverage for all but the most casual situations, so I'd use a primer and put on more foundation to, for example, go out or go to work. Next, I'll try Olay Definity with color that comes in three shades and see if that is any better. But overall, it does what it promises and my skin feels great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 11:32:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

i guess im partly to blame for my misfortune with this product. if there is a beauty lesson i should have learned by now, it is that anything labeled "one color fits all" will look dark/orange on my pale skin. does that stop me from trying every single tinted moisturizer that says it? of course not. i guess im always hoping that THIS time they will have created the magic product that really does blend in to every skintone. this new tm from olay is not it. so unfortunate because i really liked the texture and coverage and inclusion of antioxidents.

but those positive attributes were meaningless when i was forced to consider the color. one word--orange. i have never experienced a line of demarcation until this product. absolute dealbreaker, and back to the store it went. olay--make this in fair and i will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by underage

I use this as a daily moisturized, not a foundation and I really like it! There is not much coverage which I expected and I like to use this underneath my normal foundation. My skin seems to drink this moisturizer up and it does not make me oily as all. I like the packaging but it doesn't seem like there is much product at all. The smell is very distinct like a lot of Olay products. I remember smelling this on my mom a few years ago. I like how there is a pump though so it is sanitary. I mostly bought this for its anti-aging benefits and I have to say I think its doing a good job as a preventative step in my skin care routine. I would definitely repurchase the moisturizer again but I might buy the one without the foundation it in so I can use it day and night. It's pretty pricey like most of these moisturizers can be but I think it's worth it in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by swpalady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I do use a moisturizer first (total effects for mature skin or Regenerst serum) then the tinted moisturizer. I also use a bit of mineral powder over it if I'm going to work. Makes my skin look great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product thinking it was a moisturizer. I think it's a wonderful product as far a a foundation goes. It gives more coverage than other tinted moisturizers I've used. I like that this blends well and isn't streaky. The color seems to work fine on me. This also didn't settle in fine lines around my mouth. I use setting powder after I apply this with a foundation brush and it stays in place and doesn't leave me oily for a few hours. I'm glad I stumbled across this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally use a normal non- tinted moisturizer on week days when I'll be putting on foundation anyway for work, but this is perfect w/ a quick swipe of mascara for the weekends when I'm just running errands, cleaning, etc., given that my skin isn't broken out (in which case I'll still need alittle extra coverage, as this is sheer). I find it has about as much coverage as a regular tinted moisturizer & the lightest color works great on me (I have light warm-toned skin). The pump packaging is awesome! Olay usually never dissapoints me when I try a new product of thiers, and this is no exception, so I have no problem spending $24 on it @ CVS, which is quite higher than anything I usually buy at the d/s, except thier Regenerist Microsculpting Cream (which I love,love,love). I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, but it'll still last me awhile as I only use 2 or 3 times per week. It's been six months & I've only used about 1/2 the bottle, so I consider this fairly cheap! It's loaded with plenty of beneficial nutrients, has a nice creamy thick texture that sinks in quickly, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky, which seems to be the case with a few others I tried. Good quality product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by lucyem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I might have found my moisturizer! The touch of color is very light. Me being a very pale redhead most "light" colored products are much too dark. This is perfect. It evens out my skin tone. There is enough moistureizing for my dry skin. My only complaint is the parfumey smell. Oh and one pump of the pump puts out too much so I have to be careful to only half pump or I end up wasting some. I am very pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2009 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Woots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed in this product! I bought this rather than a Boots no.7 moisturiser on the recommendation Boots advisers and I wish I hadn't! This is supposed to be a moisturizer with 'a touch' of foundation and when I put this on it looks like I have just applied fake tan.....badly!

The colour is rather orange and the worst thing is, when I touched my face after putting this on I had strange bits of cream on my fingers, like the cream didn't want to spread on my face or be absorbed at all.

I have tried this about 3 or 4 times now (over my usual moisturizer, on it's own, straight after I've cleansed etc.) and it's just been dreadful. Is going straight in the bin!