July 29, 2014 | 1928 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Go fresh - cucumber & green tea scent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

It's a very rare product that drives me to say this but I would literally cry if Dove ever discontinued this deodorant! I have the spray version and it has to be one of the best ones I've ever used. It definitely works as an anti-perspirant (I cycle 4 miles to work every morning, so it definitely gets tested) and the scent is just heavenly; it's really fresh and light and doesn't interfere with any other perfumes I wear. In fact if they did a fragrance version of this in the UK I'd be at the front of the queue to buy a stash of them.

I love this deodorant so much I try to keep a stock of at least 2 or 3 in the house to make sure I'm never out of it. It's reasonably cheap too - around 2.00 a can, although Boots often include it as part of their 2 for 1 offers (which is just the excuse I need to stock up on more). Unless they stop making it, I genuinely won't be using any other deodorant for the foreseeable future. Thank you Dove!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this deodorant, I've used a clinical strength deodorant for over 5 years because nothing else worked for me. I recently decided to try this because the clinical deo was getting super expensive at around $10-$13 a pop - while this is around $3-$4 for double the amount. And, it works just as well. I haven't noticed an increase in sweat or B.O. At all since switching, and this actually smells better and leaves less white marks on my clothes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Wharerimu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi all,

I purchased this deodorant about a year ago with high hopes as I had heard that Dove were a good brand. I liked it at first (mainly because of the scent), but soon after I realized that I really regretted buying this.

Pros:

1. The scent is BEAUTIFUL! I can honestly say it is one of my favorite fragrances ever!
2. It does moisturize the delicate skin of your armpits (which is good after shaving).

Unfortunately the list of Pros ends there. Now for the Cons.

Cons:

1. THIS PRODUCT OFFERS NO SWEAT PROTECTION AT ALL! I would check about an hour or so after applying and I would be sweaty. Dove claims this is an antiperspirant but this is NOT TRUE.

2. I found that it does mask the smell a bit but only for a short time before you smell of sweat with a slight undertone of green tea.

3. The packaging was cute at first, simple and fresh looking. But soon after the sticker peeled off and became sticky and annoying to apply and hold.

4. Also if you stop using this product for a while it dries up and is very hard to get rolling smoothly again.

5. This product is also very expensive for what it is. I don't want to spend $7 on a small, nonfunctional product.

My final verdict: All in all, I am very disappointed with Dove and this product. I expected more and I will not be purchasing this again and I encourage you to not either. 2/10.

Hope this helped someone! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not my favourite scent -prefer the lemongrass one but it works well, easy to apply, good price and much preferable to the scents of sure and the like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a great deodorant. and i mean GREAT. I've tried lots of deodorants such as Secret, Degree, Lady Speed Stick ect. I'm a major gym goer and most of the deodorants don't work and have me sweating and stinking in like 2-3 hours at the most. I figured I would give this Dove one a try since I love their body washes and their hair products! Picked this up at Target for about 4 dollars. First of all I LOVE the smell, very clean and fresh. Best part was that it kept me nice and clean at the gym! I didn't get really gross and sticky under my arms and I DID NOT get that B.O. smell which is almost impossible to achieve especially at the gym. The next day I applied in the morning around 8 and I had school and work and when I got home at 7ish I still could smell that wonderful deodorant on me! Also it washes off well in the shower, some deodorants feel waxy under the arms and leave a residue that's impossible to remove, even after scrubbing in the shower but this one comes off very nicely. Also doesn't irritate my armpits, some deodorants have given me bad reactions and this one did not. Made my under arm area very smooth as well. It's a nice soft, smooth, almost creamy deodorant. They have a couple different scents as well, I also grabbed the Plum and Sakura blossom one which has the purple cap and the smell reminds me of sweet tarts! Great product, decent price, gets the job done and smells wonderful! I will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by avaa2032

I love the scent of this product! I love how it cleans and moisturizes my body! I will totally repurchase; I recommend this is everyone who loves a clean body and the scent of green tea and cucumbers :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleMissLawyer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good lord, this stuff stinks. Or rather, I do when I wear it. I have no problem with the original scent Dove, but this stuff is just ineffective on me.

The product itself smells fresh. Honestly, not really like real life cucumber or green tea, but it smells fresh and clean. Fine enough. However, after a few hours, it is as though I applied nothing! If I sniff my armpits, I smell sweat/BO to the same extent that I would if I had applied nothing.

I'm going back to Secret and throwing this crap out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

For years I tried to stick to organic, aluminium-free deodorants, but they made my underarms break out in a red rash and they didn't work at all (I had to reapply several times during the day). I got a travel size of this deodorant to test out and it works wonders. I put it on in the morning and it literally stays put all day long, it has a faint smell that's pleasant without being overpowering. My rash was gone within weeks, plus it's like 4 dollars. I will be sticking with this deodorant for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

Really refreshing scent, long lasting. Better than the pomegranate type from Dove. No pit darkening either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this product because I had To buy a travel size one to take on a recent trip. Upon first sniff, I really enjoyed the scent. Its a nice, fresh combo of cucumber and green tea (as it states) but its Not that typical "fresh cucumber melon" scent; it has a sweet edge to it. Anyway, this deodorant did a great job of keeping my underarms dry and smelling good, and my favorite part is that I can actually smell it throughout the day! Great lasting power. I would like to mention, however, that I DO NOT have a problem with armpit sweat. I don't sweat very much or even smell unless I workout. So if you tend to sweat alot, this might not work for you as well. But this deodorant prevents what problems I do have with body odor. I love this deodorant!