August 28, 2014 | 1126 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryQueen

I purchased this one in 2008 summer, I think it was newly released then. It worked amazing, curls, lenghtens and volumes lashes, without even needing a mascara base.But I'm not very sure if they changed the formula or not, because I repurchased it 2 years ago, and when I opened it up, the bristle parts of the brush were flat on the mascara wand. I tried to apply but it was nothing like it used to be. So I'm guessing they did change the formula, the old one was magic and new one isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Zuhay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a rule of thumb I think there are few exceptions to the motto "you get what you pay for" and this product is a perfect example of getting what you paid for and we are paying for all the time the scientists spent in the laboratory coming up with this patented mascara brush. It is simply amazing! There is no question in my mind that the brush facilitates the mascara application, provides for better lash definition and curl. This mascara makes your lashes look simply lovely. You cannot beat this product, it has an amazing brush that applies mascara in a manner that no other brush on the market does and then the actual mascara itself is magnificent. You can count on this mascara not to smear, to last all day and the colors are brilliant. I am enamored with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before Inimitable this was my go-to mascara.
The GOOD:
As with all Chanel mascaras the formula is lovely, not too thin, not goopy and a nice rich black. My lashes are long and curly naturally, but blonde and this does a good job of coating every one. The brush is interesting - I don't mind it, but I prefer the Inimitable one. I do like how it is small - I hate bigh brushes as I always find them really messy. It comes off easily, but does not flake or smudge on my eyes.

The BAD:
This is expensive, and I find the brush wears out faster then most - especially if I use a tissue to wipe of excess.

Overall, I would buy again, but not as my regular mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted a go with Chanel mascaras, and had no idea which to pick. The salesgirl recommended this, sayin it's the best for volume. Really? It does a great job is lash-separation without clumps, but the plumping power is not remarkable at all. It gives a slight (but noticeable lift) with one swipe. while my lashes hv bn used to drama mascaras frm drugstores, this ain't a strong contender. Maybe if I can appreciate naturel-lookin lashes, I wld appreciate this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

was exited to get this mascara at first but i was disappointed it gave no volume with out looking clumpy and a small amount of length i didn't like the formula but the brush in other mascaras is wonderful Chanel have yet to top Dior mascaras for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by influxious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free waterproof sample from Chanel.. It didn't hold my curl even if I used my Shiseido mascara base! It adds a little bit of length and volume but it CLUMPS A LOT! It smudged and was completely gone after I swam in the pool (without rubbing my eyes), so this totally failed the waterproof test.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by bellabim

Love this mascara -- have converted from Diorshow and YSL Faux Cils. Easy to apply and gives me volume and curl without clumping. I have to admit the tube does dry out more quickly than cheaper brands, but I'm after quality, not quantity ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fruitloopbabe87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG Mascara. I first tried this when it came as a sample from a magazine I bought. LOVED IT. The BAD thing about this is that it dries very quickly. I have many many other mascaras (Maybelline Colossal, Maybelline Full n Soft etc) that are much older than my Chanel one that are still nice and smooth/moist. The brush on this is wonderful and even though the product dries easily as the months go by, I cannot help loving it when its new :D For people who want a reliable, long lasting product though, DO NOT BUY.

Pros:
- most amazing brush I have EVER SEEN
- great mascara

Cons:
- not as much mascara inside as other brands
- dries quickly compared to cheaper brands

TIP: if you bought this mascara and do not intend to buy it again because its pricey etc, SAVE THE BRUSH and use it with your other/cheaper mascaras. The results will amaze you :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by eefie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a strange looking brush: half bristles and half comb. According to Chanel you should move the wand with a rolling gesture over your lashes, but somehow I can't manage to handle it that way (at least I can't, on that tiny surface!). Despite that, it is a reasonable nice mascara. The tube is glossy black with a real luxury feeling to it. The formula is creamy and easy to apply. It does get a little clumpy unfortunately, but offers good volume. I already have curly lashes, so I don't know if it is any good on that aspect. It doesn't lengthen very well. Also, it is hard to wash off at night, so I use a special eye make up remover. But than still I have to pluck the last clumps with my fingers out of my lashes. Since it is really pricey (29 which is around $38), I am not quite satisfied due to the clumpiness and I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not sure if I got a defective tube. But when I opened it the wand was completely caked on with product. It was a hard consistency which made it impossible to clean off. Only the longest bristles were exposed. So much for an "innovative" brush. I know Chanel is discontinuing this, so maybe I got an expired batch? Would give it zero stars if I could. Never Again!