December 22, 2014 | 1685 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is fine for me, though I only really buy it once a year or so. I typically use Maybelline's Great Lash, which has a tiny wand. The wand for this mascara is quite large, and doesn't do a great job for my lower lashes.

This mascara does lengthen and thicken my lashes. The effect is pretty dramatic. I didn't notice any fall out, but I did find the mascara dried up quicker than my other mascaras. I don't have any real complaints about this, and I think it's a perfectly good drugstore mascara. One of the better ones, if you want a full and long effect on your lashes that is definitely noticeable.

I also prefer smaller wands for my mascara, so that's why I don't purchase this one often. The size of the wand is ridiculous compared to my eye size and I couldn't really get the product into the inner corner area of my eyelashes either. I think it's just something to do with preference. If this product had a smaller wand, I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ayoocynthiagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, but it weighs my lashes down and clumps them together. wouldn't recommend although so many people like it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by p206p206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

That is my HG mascara (for now- am a "NEW PRODUCTS" MANIAC;)) I had mascaras with good ratings like Benefit They're real or YVL Baby Doll, L'oreal Million Lashes or Telescopic or 2000 calories blahblahblah and NONE of them would separate my lashes like Colossal.
Pros:
-as far as i know no harsh ingredients
-low price
-wand with plenty bristles, the brush takes amount of mascara NEEDED not everything whats in the tube. It separates lashes one from another but it makes them thick. If you look for natural look try e.g. "Maybelline Great Lash" or " YVL BabyDoll". This is a product for you if you have many lashes
Cons:
-sometimes it flakes (but I have not found any other with those benefits and no flaking)
-packaging is cheap with glittery letters coming off (after a week you cant read what it is)
I keep trying new mascaras but I keep coming back to this one to realize it is the best (for now;)) If you still think if to buy it or not- it is def worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by AmandaKayC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the consistency of this mascara. This mascara makes my lashes look longer and fuller.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the regular washable one and it smudges like crazy. Doesn't hold my curl. Maybelline the falsies is better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is pertinent to this particular shade of mascara. I've used this brand and make before in regular black and LOVED the volumizing action. This shade, however, is odd: the mascara clumps a lot more and is nearly impossible to remove without taking out all my eyelashes, even with eye makeup remover and baby shampoo. So, yes to the mascara, no to the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mmareli10

amazing!!! For what its worth I think it gets the job done just awesomely! lol Defenitly a must have in every girls makeup case! 😄💕👍

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Cherryraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok here is the problem with me and this mascara..... I do love it. I really do. It gives me amazing volume, decent length, it's very black, doesn't clump....basically it does everything I want a mascara to do. Here's the problem: this mascara irritates my eyes like no other! I don't even have sensitive eyes and I've never had issues with any mascara but this...should any of this get into my eye, it is like acid! Last time this happened, my eyes burnt so much and got so red and runny, I coudn't open my eye until I rinsed it with water for 5 minutes! I don't know what it is in this mascara that is so irritating but it's bad. It is a shame because I really love the results it gives but sadly I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by FDanish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. It doesn't clump and it doesn't dry out quick. It also doesn't have that awful smell like some mascaras, it removes off the skin quickly and just gives me perfect lashes! I believe it's better than my Christian dior iconic curl :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by gmagana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Compared to other high-end mascaras this is actually pretty decent. It has quickly become my go to everyday mascara. Be careful though, if you get too much in the brush it can get a bit clumpy, but other than that great mascara overall.