September 14, 2014 | 2253 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by babysharks

I purchased this powder because I wanted something lighter to wear over liquid makeup. Mineralize Skinfinish is so smooth and looks wonderful over other makeup or on its own. I also use this as a bronzer. The color is actually a little darker than my usual powder, but it works for me when I get darker in the summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by cloz90

I love this powder. It gives you the most natural finish. BUT like most Mac products, it irritates my skin and causes breakouts. So I only wear it on special occasions. It contains an ingredient called Bismuth. A light reflecting mineral that A LOT of mineral makeup contains! Beware ladies. Especially, if you have problematic skin, like myself. This ingredient is not good for the skin, so try do not to use it regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by maca7

I have to start with saying I got this shade after the make up artist at MAC recommended it for me, and I should not have listened! It is really too dark for me ( I usually use NW20 and now that it's winter and my skin is paler than ever I am planning to buy a lighter shade NW20 is now too dark for me). Despite the wrong colour though, I absolutely love this powder. It gives you a beatiful smooth finish, makes pores disappear and it won't break you out. I use it now to sort of add colour to my face applying it very sparingly, a bit like one would use a bronzer but once you get your shade right this is absolutely the perfect powder to wear on its own or to set your foundation. It is too bad it doesn't come with a mirror and an applicator (and yes using a brush is always better but sometimes you really just need to touch up your face in a hurry), but considering how good the powder is ths is really a minor flaw.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by esperence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know a lot about Make Ups and I just started wearing them recently.
This is the first ever pressed powder that I bought. I usually wear Asian bb creams that only has one colour that is verrrryy light. So I searched online to find a powder that would give me more coverage and that will match my skin tone better,I also wanted mineral products because I heard that they are better for acne prone skin. I found this product after weeks of searching through the internet (I seriously spent weeks, I only buy products that have reaaally high reviews cause I do not like wasting my money). The reviews were high and a lot of people praised this product so I decided to buy it.

I was going to buy the product directly from their website but since I'm a newbie in make up I wasn't too sure about the "shade". So I went to a department store and asked the girl working there which colour would match me, she gave me medium deep. The product looked so natural, it looked like I was not wearing anything. It matched my skin tone so much and made my skin look so pretty. I immediately bought the product.

It would have been perfect if my story ended with that but alas after using this product 3 to 4 times my skin started to break out. People around started to notice that my skin is getting bad.This was the only product that was added unto my routine. I'm extremely disappointed because I wanted to buy mineral products because I have acne prone skin. There were also several people who told me that they had a similar experience with other MAC products

tl;dr: Although, the product looked very natural. It gave me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this. My skin is NC45 and the Dark was too dark for me so the MAC girl suggested this. It's so perfect. I get compliments at work about how beautiful my skin is and I have not the greatest skin (acne and dark spots) this covers it perfectly and looks natural :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by missymylo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One word I can describe this item - HEAVEN.
It's so smooth and silky and just perfection. I actually use it as a bronzer as I have fair-medium skin so it's not used for the normal sense. However! I just am absolutely obsessed with it. I use a simply powder brush and apply it to my cheeks and just gives me a heavenly glow. Not to mention, it lasts forever! It's such fantastic quality and feels like it just "hugs" your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i love this stuff! the packaging is nice because it's very compact and i love that for travel. the color medium/deep goes well with my skin tone. i have olive skin, and it's a pretty close match to my color. it's pretty pricey, around $30. but it's so worth it. it's the best powder i've ever tried (besides my covergirl translucent powder). it's so great, it has full coverage, and is a matte powder. i love using this especially for those days where i need extra coverage. it's so great. and i'd recommend it for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I should have bought this before I bought Chanel Les Beiges because this powder gives me that 'bonne mine' look I wanted from Les Beiges. It's also less expensive too. Lesson learned.

I looked at my current collection of bronzers and I wanted something that wasn't an obvious bronzer colour now that winter is approaching.
I love the texture and finish of the MSFN powders so I tried on the Medium Deep and loved that very subtle glow it gave me. I use Medium Plus as a finishing powder when I use liquid foundation so the Medium Deep was a natural choice to give me that extra bit of colour for those days when I need it. Plus it would work in the summer when I get more colour on my face.

For those days when I'm in a hurry, I'll fluff on MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and then apply the MSFN in Medium Deep in the regular areas where bronzer would be applied and I instantly look refreshed and healthy in a natural, subtle way.

If you're wanting the bonne mine look or you're afraid of bronzers, I recommend the Medium Deep MSFN, especially for warm skin tones. (my complexion is Asian, NC30/C3)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this (VERY LIGHTLY) over my MUFE matte velvet, then use UD De slick setting spray. OMG, I get people to tell me my makeup looks flawless all the time. I use Mac's 134 powder brush to set my matte foundation with this Skinfinish powder because I have SUPER oily skin, and don't have time to check on my makeup throughout the day. I can barely tell its there when I apply it, but throughout the day face just looks better and better. I l love this stuff. I recommend trying in the Mac store, then wear all day. If you like, purchase it but give it 24 hours before making a choice. This stuff is too expensive not to try before purchasing. At least that's what I did...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by RiaRich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is a joke. I used to use this as my foundation in college and either it was a much better product then or I didn't know how to do my makeup properly. I noticed many people use it over liquid foundation, I definitely think there are better options.

I am NC42 and I used this is Medium Deep. It turned red on me by mid afternoon and had no oil control whatsoever (I have dry skin btw). Not only that, but when I removed my makeup that night, I had these tiny, irritated, red bumps on places I don't normally breakout. I'm beginning to think I have a talc allergy because it all the powders I've used so far with Talc as the main ingredient have given me similar bumps.

In any case, even if you don't have sensitive skin like me there are so many other powders that you could use instead of this.