August 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation because of all the hype about this $42 bottle of foundation. On a positive note and probably the main reason I'll repurchase this at some point (after my hyperpigmentation clears up a bit) is because the color was SPOT ON to my skintone. I purchased 178 and it was a perfect color match for me. I'm typically nw45 in MAC but that leans a little red but have had better luck with MAC MatchMaster in 8.0. Overall it is difficult to find a foundation with a neutral undertone, usually everything is too red or yellow based. MUFE HD in 178 was perfect and did not oxidize or turn red throughout the day!

It is really natural looking and looks great on...however, I needed more coverage on my hyperpigmented areas and ended up using more which seemed to be wasteful. Even with 2 layers I had to use a full coverage concealer in some areas. The MUFE HD Foundation applied somewhat sheer but it I don't see how it can be buildable to full coverage unless you apply it very generously. I personally expect a bottle of foundation to last longer than a few weeks. However, if you want to save this as a special occasion foundation, this would work for you versus using it as an everyday foundation. Also, make sure you use a primer if you want this to stay on for a full 8 hours. It would fade if I didn't apply one. Maybe because I tried it in the summer heat in Texas??? I'll re-visit this foundation again once it cools down.

I really wanted to love MUFE HD. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good foundation to have but not for everyday wear in my opinion. I also don't like that I can't really tell how much foundation I have left and I can't open the bottle...I like to get every bit of product out!

If you're thinking about purchasing this, go to Sephora and get a sample first!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by makeupmuaa

CONS:
This product is very runny and lightweight.
It did not cover any of my redness or acne scars, only worked if i used concealer and more than three pumps! Also it made me get very oily after 2-3 hours of wearing the makeup.

PROS: Doesnt look cakey on your face, and looks great in pictures aswell in real life. It is a good product if you dont need a full coverage, it adds a glow and feels natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by amanduhsmith

after using mainly drugstore foundations, except for lancome's tinted moisturizer, this product is amazing. I have acne and combination skin and it has a very buildable coverage, even though i don't need that much. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my Fall to Winter foundation. GREAT coverage lightweight feel. I don't recommend it for warm weather months. I switch to their powder foundation which is even more awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Zinat

I love this product so much

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by amandamarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My experiences with this foundation has been quite bad so to say.

I bought this with EXTREMELY high hopes, caused by all the hype and by all the people who were using it. I will say that i do have dry skin and this is not a dewy foundation which tends to work out best for me, but when i pay so much for a foundation i must admit, that i do expect it to work at least just somehow well.

First off, i find the consistensy of it extremely thick, hard to blend and hard to work with in general. It clinges to all my dry patches possible and it also quite seperated on my skin while wearing it, which was not a good look all in all. I've tried to apply it both with brushes and sponges/beauty blender - still no good results for me.

I actually find it hard to believe that this foundation can be THIS bad and i do consider if I've just been unlucky and maybe got a bad one. I have been considering buying this again to see if i was just unlucky, but i do feel quite bad about spending so much money on a foundation i haven't had good experiences with though.

It stays on the skin for ok long but as i said, it seperated on my skin throughout wearing it which was not a very pleasant experience. It leaves a medium coverage with a velvety/matte finish.

I would personally not recommend if you have dry skin and tends to have dry patches here and there. I wouldn't recommend it either if you like to work with foundations with a more watery texture and a lighter feeling on the face.

Also, im not a very big fan of the packaging either. It has a pump which is very good for purpose of hygiene, but i experienced it becoming very dirty and messy around the pump and inside the lid as well, only after a few uses.

I am very sad that this foundation did not work out for me the way i wanted to at all - even though there must be something good about it hence all the hype, but unfortunately, i can't be on that hype about this particular foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by anirbef

I have tried Lancome Teint Idole, Christian Dior Forever Flawless Perfection, I think this is my best foundation so far. I have normal to oily skin, with some dry areas when my skin is dehydrated. This foundation settles fairly good, it does not exaggerate the look of dry patches. On my whole face, this gives me dewy finish and still look natural, because my tone gets darker (due to too much sun exposure) and the shade is about 2 tone lighter.
The texture is light, makes it easy to blend. Coverage is sheer-medium. So I do Not recommend for you to cover blemishes, scars, or anything..just put concealer on it!
When my skin gets oilier (also I live in humid country) so I have to blot quite a lot and do some touch ups. But the staying power is fairly good, doesn't melt off easily.

Pros
+ Great for those who want a sheer-medium coverage
+ Staying power quite good on normal-oily skin
+ Packaging is air tight and practical

Cons
- Doesn't contain SPF
- Price $$

I would not repurchase if I am getting bored of sheer coverage :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is on the drier side and this foundation doesn't agree with that. I get why so many people love this foundation but unfortunately its not for my skin type. The color selection is huge but i find it a bit hard to find your exact match since they have a weird way to categorize their selection. In Mac things are easy they have nc/nw 15 and they go up from there. In MUFE things are way more complicated, anyway bottom line is that this foundation comes in a huge variety of shades and you can probably find one that suites you. Many people say that this is a full coverage foundation.This isn't true. With one thin layer you get sheer to light coverage. The good thing is that this foundation is very buildable so with 2-3 layers you can defiantly get fuller coverage. It has very nice texture and spreads easily on the skin and sets to a matte finish which looks natural. The texture isn't too thick neither too runny its somewhere in between and blending it on the skin is piece of cake . It has quite good lasting power and it doesn't set on lines and wrinkles thanks to its silicone base . If you have oily normal or combination skin then this foundation is perfect. On my dry skin this sets completely matte and i look dry and wrinkly. Even without powder on top of it still looks drying on my skin. I use a very thick moisturizer as a base and that way i can almost make it work especially during the summer. In the winter this foundation is a complete disaster for my skin personally. It cracks and makes my skin look dry wrinkly and shallow. I wont buy it again for me but i would happily recommend it to someone with oilier skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I LOVE this foundation and can't imagine using anything else. This is light to medium coverage in my option. So if you have a lot to hide I wouldn't recommend it. I also don't recommend it for oily skin - the rep at Sephora also said this is not for oily skin types because it will come off. If you have dry or combo skin give it a try. I have dry skin and was beginning to have problems finding a foundation that didn't look caked on. This feels like I'm wearing nothing and looks like I'm wearing nothing. It lasts all day (coupled with the powder)! I do not have to touch it up and it never looks oily nor does it melt off my face (I live in Texas - it gets hot!). I've been able to wear it 12+ hours ... does not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart5703

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation. This is my personal holy grail foundation, I have been using it for a few years now. I love how I look in pictures when I wear it. I can wear it alone and my face does not get shiny or anything. However I am using it more now with primer and setting powder just because I want it to look better. I get bored sometimes with foundation and I like to mix it up. This is the only one I really ever go back too. Another foundation I love equally as much is the Even Better foundation by Clinique. When I am budgeting I use that one instead. Love both though, but Make Up Forever is the best for me. I am always looking for a foundation to top it though!