November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I'm not very impressed with this concealer. It's very peachy tinted. It's also tremendously heavy and I have a big problem with it creasing, which makes me look much older than I am as it settles into my wrinkles. It also doesn't wear well--it tends to fade and run throughout the day. I wanted to love this, but I think I will stick with Boi-ing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Extremely, extremely pigmented. You only need a small amount to blend the product out from underneath the eye area. I found the pot to be very small but the product lasts a long time because you only need so little of it on a daily basis. Tip: try patting in small amounts instead of blending it out with a brush. I noticed the product sets in better by using your fingers and it is great at covering circles and discoloration underneath the eyes. Pricey but worth it if you suffer from darkness in the eye area. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by kristy978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get slightly puffy and slight black circles under my eyes, especially when my allergies are acting up and a tiny bit of this helps even things out. Other than the much more expensive YSL concealer, this is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first "high end" concealer (I've been using Maybelline Age Rewind) and let me say you definitely get what you pay for. I have pretty grey dark circles, and I'm fair so they really stand out. Age Rewind was getting too sheer, so I picked this up at Ulta after hearing rave reviews. It was $26.
First off, I got fair and that works great with my skin tone. However a little goes a looong way with this product omg. Less is more! I don't use the spatula that comes with the concealer because you only need a little. I just dab some on with my finger and it brightens the whole area. It has a very creamy consistency that doesn't "dry" (it stays "creamy" all day). It creases a little, but I just blend it out a little more and it's fine.
This concealer has the best coverage out of all the drugstore ones I've tried, and it is worth the money! Plus, because you don't use a lot, it lasts forever! Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by ltsAlwaysSunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite corrector for dark circles. My skin tone is around NC15-20 and I use this in the color 'Fair'. It's marketed as a brightening concealer, however I find that this does a better job of correcting rather than concealing. I would consider myself to have pretty dramatic hereditary dark circles, that go all the way along the orbital bone (from eyebrow tail to inner eye corner). They have a grey/blueish color to them.

This product corrects them perfectly, I find it works way better than the Bobbi Brown correctors (that's also partially due to the fact that I can't find a good color match). I however find that I still need an additional concealer/brightener on top of this, otherwise it will leave an orange hue under my eyes. So I like to top it with something like Clinique's Air Brush Concealer, L'oreal Lumi Magique concealer or Lancome Effacernes concealer (those just work the best for me).

I apply it with a generic, flat concealer brush and blend it in with a fluffy eyeshadow brush (i.e. MAC 224). All of this together will give me full coverage and extra brightness. I also found that you can layer erase paste with pretty much any concealer, it will never cake. I have to disagree with some other reviews saying it that looks unnatural or cakey, I find it gives a very smooth, hydrated and natural finish. For example, MAC's Studio Finish concealer looks unnatural on me because it's formula is way drier than erase paste.

Also, because it's a very creamy formula, you probably will find the need to powder it. This will not only prevent it from creasing, but will also prolong the wear of it. If I put something like Maybelline Stay Matte Pressed Powder on top of it, it will last at least 8-10 hours! And one pot will last more than a year with everyday usage, you will need only a tiny amount because the formula is very concentrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20/25 and I have this in Medium. I'm on the fence about this one. While it seems to make a difference to my under eye circles, it seems to make them look obviously made up and crepey. It certainly has not been the miracle I was hoping for (but then nothing seems to be). I'm also trying the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer at the moment (colour 2) and that seems to look more natural.

Will update the review if I find a miracle way to apply this.

Edited to add that I've ditched this. It was showing up orange even with foundation over it and it really didn't cover or correct much at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Gamze88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do yourself a favour and purchase Nars radiant creamy concealer instead. I went shopping for a new concealer and when the sales assistant took off erase paste there was no difference between that eye and the one that still had product on from that morning. She applied the Nars concealer and the contrast between my under eye areas was incredible. This also creases.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by LinaVictoria

Bought this after reading good reviews and since I do struggle with dark circles and now with 2nd baby on the way I need something with full coverage. At first I was really pleased with the results. It covers my circles well and it's easy to apply even though it's quite a thick paste. But it doesn't stay put all day and need touching up every few hours since it creases in my (very) fine lines even though I put translucent powder over to set it. Still one of the best under eye concealer out there and I will keep using it until I've found something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This concealer is really creamy and thick which makes it a bit difficult to work with.
Because its so pink/peach toned it really only works for colour correcting and possibly highlight, if you're feeling hardcore. I really don't like using my fingers for this product, works relatively well with a real techniques brush.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll repurchase, I put "no" because MUA told me to.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As always, I am on the hunt for a HG concealer. I saw this from a blogger who did have some dark circles but she was very young. I just turned 50 and have always had issues under my eyes to include some very dark lines toward my nose that nothing has touched. Sephora was great to give me two samples in generous amounts in fair #1 and medium #2. Big difference in colors but I tried both on different days. As written by others, it is thick and a little goes a long way. Tiny dots work best and using a quick patting motion to blend. I did use a fine powder over it the second time. Overall, on me it looked heavy, did not conceal the dark areas and make my skin look cakey emphasizing the texture of my skins line, creases. I would not purchase but do think if it works, it should last a long time as only a tiny amount is needed. Do not buy first, try first, to avoid the cost. The reviews here are very mixed. Back to the hunt!