BeneFit Cosmetics Erase paste

3.7

petrolatum, lanolin, isopropyl, palmitate, paraffin, euphorbia, cerifera (candelilla) wax, glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, propylparaben, retinyl palmitate [ /-: titanium dioxidde (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

So first thing you gotta do is throw out that stupid little spatula it comes with. Then you're in business, here. I put this stuff on the back of my hand and warm it up, then I apply a very thin layer under my eyes as a corrector, then I follow up with a more yellow-toned concealer. It looks fab. Best thing I've found so far for my dark circles.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product really does get rid of my dark bluish circles. It's heavy and rather greasy at first, but it blends easily and when set with powder, lasts all day. I do use a rich eye cream first and then a mattifying primer and then I use a small amount of Erase Paste in the inner corner of my eye and then a small amount directly on the dark circle, blending outward. The orangey tint of the corrector isn't noticeable because the bluish tint of the circles gives it a flesh tone once it's blended. Erase Paste really does hide my hereditary circles, something I've been trying to accomplish for years. I've tried so many correctors and conceals it isn't even funny and either they're too orange and are very obvious and when I apply a nude conceal on top, they sink into my fine lines and become cakey or if I only use a flesh tone concealer, it does nothing to neutralize the bluish discoloration. I had just about given up but I read the good reviews for Erase Paste and, "sigh" decided to give it one more try. And I'm so glad I did. I set it with a light dusting of either Urban Decay Naked Loose powder or Rimmel Stay Matte (just a very light dusting with a very large fluffy powder brush) and I'm good to go all day with no creasing or cakiness. The circles really do disappear. It's truly amazing. The consistency of the corrector is a little heavy and greasy and it's very blendable if you use a rich eye cream and then a primer underneath. I have somewhat oily skin and have no problem getting it to cooperate. I apply foundation first and then Erase Paste and then powder and this routine seems to work just fine. This is the first concealer in all the years that I've searched that's actually worked. So it gets five lippies from me. It will also last a very long time. I don't think it's too terribly expensive, given what I've spent on others of this type. I do have other Benefit products that I like and I'm happy to add another one. I definitely recommend Erase Paste if you have dark bluish circles. It will certainly make them much less noticeable. However, you may have to experiment somewhat with the application. But once you get it down, you will really like it, I promise.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This can be a great product IF you know how to manipulate it. I think it's overpriced but I haven't found a dupe so until then I guess it's worth the $26. This product definitely brightens targeted areas and if you're having a hard time using it, try using it sparingly, then add a little more if necessary. I'm an NC30-35 depending what time of the year and I chose 2 Medium. Definitely set this product with a micro/HD powder such as mineral veil or Laura Mercier or Elf HD powder - any should be fine just DO set it, otherwise you'll feel like it's sliding around your face all day. This is a keeper for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Officially my new holy grail concealer. I have tried so many different concealers for my under eye area as I have pretty bad dark circles due to hayfever, but none could conceal it as well as this concealer. It has quite a heavy coverage, but doesn't settle in my fine lines and I was amazed that the peachy share would still work against my yellow undertone. I plan on putting my regular colour matched concealer on top in the future, but even on its own, the colour works brilliantly and really brightened my under eye area. Just wish it came with a sturdy brush for it but the pot is super cute, and it works well with my fingers anyway!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is not for everyone & everything. It's definitely not for oily or normal-to-oily skin. For my dry skin & occasional dark under eye circle as well as darker areas around my nasal to mouth crease needs, medium is perfect for my fair-to-medium tone. I have found over the years it sets best with a brush of powder.

As far as reviews where some have found it settling into fine lines, well, that's make up for you: it's a physical product and lines just LOVE to show how well they can hold colors of any sort. Accept it, experiment & ask for samples before purchasing. Check out some primers (if you ask for a sample, you will almost always be given a few days worth). Skin is as fickle as Taylor Swift or John Mayer in a singles' club.

I use medium, and like I said, it works for my dry skin and better if set with a brush of powder (I like Revlon colorstay compact or Clinique). Per the ingredients label, it does not contain any offensive/irritating ingredients, so I'd have to guess any allergic reactions are rare & highly individual--I react to jojoba oil, but that doesn't make it a bad thing in a product for everyone else.

I have tried many under-eye concealers as I have light skin with very dark circles. Liked Laura Merciers for a while but this concealer from benefit finally takes the cake for brightening under eyes. I feel like a human again! Yes it is slightly oily but not a deterrent. Will buy from here on out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really liking this concealer. It was hiding my dark circles and my blemishes. Then one day my under eye area become very sensitive. Almost painful and was very dry and cracking. I stopped using the concealer and it went away. I didn't put two and two together so I didn't know it was the concealer doing this to me. Until a few months later I went back to the concealer and the same thing happened to my under eye. I wish this would work for me because it's awesome but it doesn't so I won't re buy :(

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

When I first purchased this product I found it kind of difficult to use, I found that the concealer was really thick and would sit on the fine lines under my eyes. However, I found the product was easier to manipulate if I used a beauty blender to smooth it on to my skin. It gives excellent coverage and hides my dark circles and once it has been set with powder it does not crease. I found the key to applying this concealer was to use a beauty blender, if I didn't use the beauty blender I found that the product would case on my face.

I am looking at the reviews and see they are sort of mixed. Some think it's pricey, some think it's flaky, some like every aspect. I LOVE the product. I use a small brush to apply and find it applies very smoothly that way. I buy the small container and it lasts months and months and months and is very affordable.

Overall, the concealer is great for covering up dark circles under the eyes and does a good job when covering blemishes. However, when I run out of this, I may opt for a creamier one as I find that after blending the concealer with my fingers, I start to see tiny dust-sized flakes appearing. I did not blend TOO long, however it sets quite quickly. It's better to apply moisturiser before using this product. I read great reviews on this concealer and to be honest, it does the job. The only thing that ticks me off just a little is the concealer setting too fast.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products