October 24, 2014 | 1705 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and my makeup was caking up recently and the MAC makeup artist gave me 2 samples of the Strobe Liquid and said to mix it with my foundation and my makeup would look perfect so I tried it out being very skeptical. But she was right! I don't put this on my whole face I mix this with my foundation then apply it and my makeup looks absolutely flawless and beautiful!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given a sample of this product along with a sample of strobe cream, the product I was initially interested in. I tried the liquid first because of humid weather. It was absorbed by my skin instantly and my face felt hydrated the whole time I had the product on. Unfortunately, I started getting cystic acne within 5 hours and was very surprised, so I did a little research about ingredients. I found put the liquid contains a retinol derivative and the cream does not. Looking back at my horrible ( skin wise) summer, my experience with anti-aging products makes me think I'm allergic to retinol. So I would recommend this product to people without this sensitivity. I'm hoping my skin likes the cream. I think the liquid would be a good moisturizer under make up and I liked the brightening effect, so I give the liquid a good grade, but I can't use it. Wish I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by EB88

This is pricey, but it's expected from mac, and I think the price reflects the amount of use you can get out of the product. You need a tiny amount (1 or 2 pumps) so it's unlikely you'll go through it quickly. It has an iridescent slightly violet tone to it and is nice and thin, I mix it with my foundations for a more dewy look (I use various included mac studio fix, mac mineralize and reckon colour match) it thins the foundation slightly so you look less "cakes" and more "luminous" kind of a tinted moisturiser type look but with coverage of your foundation. It's nice under foundation but I find if you use a heavy coverage then it's not as noticeable as when mixed with. It's also a good general use highlighter for cheeks, brows, shoulder blades, even your shins in summer with a tan. I have combination skin so using it as a moisturiser is a no, it clings to dry and emphasises any shine if used alone and in high amounts, a little goes a LONG way and it works beat mixed I feel for my skin type. I apply with a stippling brush if using alone. Bottle dispenses just enough and is sanitary like most of the mac pump cases, however I feel once it's getting to the end of use I'm likely to have a lot of wastage as it's impossible to get all the product out of the pump and hard to open the bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff so much, an HG product. Strobe liquid is as MAC's website describes "Blending soft-focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft, radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural-looking glow. Refreshing. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly. Leaves the skin looking healthier and more radiant". This is exactly what this liquid does, it leaves such a gorgeous finish on the skin. I mix one pump of this with one pump of my MAC studio fix fluid foundation and apply it. It gives me a beautiful dewey look to my face and also makes my foundation feel way lighter. You could also use this as a highlighter for above the cheekbones and under the brow bone.

You could even use this highlighter as a moisturizer, you really feel the difference in your skin with this since it has many antioxidants and it is so refreshing. It doesn't make your skin oily at all, and you don't need too much to get a glow. Which also means it is easy to overdo it is concentrated in shimmer, but a little goes a long way. The packaging is nice for this, it is the standard MAC pump bottle that is sanitary and dispenses enough product for a full face.

I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a dewey finish without having greasy skin. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin and tend to prefer a matte finish, however lately I've been wanting my skin to look a little more dewy. I have always been curious about the Strobe Cream, however I ended up purchasing the lotion instead because I feared the cream would be too heavy and look WAY shiny.

I usually mix this product with a medium coverage foundation. I've found it works great with Revlon Colorstay (Combination/Oily) foundation because it "thins" out the product a little and I find gives a more natural finish that I'm going for. I've gotten several compliments on how nice my skin looks when I've applied it this way. I usually do 2 small pumps of the lotion with my foundation. My main concern was since it is so shimmery it would make my pores look more pronounced, however since I use a highlighting brush to apply foundation and blend it in clockwise/counterclockwise motion over the areas where I have noticeable pores, it really diffuses them. I really like to use it as a highlighter as well, I go between using this and Benefit High Beam lately.

The highlighting effect is on the cool side, which I feel balances out nicely with my strong warm undertones. I do like to use this on top of my foundation as well in the usual places where you'd highlight. The effect is subtle, if I'm looking for a stronger highlighter, I'd use Benefit High Beam.

As a side note, I do not feel that this is an adequate moisturizer, nor should it be used as such. Then again, I feel like you shouldn't be able to see moisturizer once it's blended into the skin.

Overall, I feel that this is a great product and will last for a very long time since you don't need to use much product. It is a bit pricey, however I feel that if it takes a while to use up you're getting your money's worth on a quality product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is drier and more shiner than the Strobe Cream. It's definitely more of a highlighter than a moisturizer. I'm looking for another moisturizer to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by neurosciguy

Mac's hidden gem!! I love mixing this with my foundation and going over my cheeks, chin, and little on the top lip. By doing that and leaving the other places relatively matte it creates a subtle contouring effect, and my skin looks soooooooooo luminous, not shiny or oily but really just "lit from within." I'll continue to use this over any other highlighter because it's also loaded with green tea extracts and antioxidants that are really good for the skin. It just wish it wasn't so pricey, but I managed to get two on ebay for 35 bucks, was a great deal.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I'm actually on the fence with this. I've had both the cream and liquid and I do prefer the liquid in terms of consistency. I do use this everyday but I don't actually know why! I would repurchase just because i use it everyday so I've somehow convinced myself that it is a staple item. I do notice a slight difference when I've not applied it however I think any highlighter lotion works in the same manner. I just mix this in with my TM and apply together

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used both strobe liquid and strobe cream. If your oily/combo I would say get the liquid-If your dry then the cream.

I like using strobe liquid under my MAC studio fix fluid, as it gives it a bit of a dewy look with out making me look to oily. I have dark skin, and found that the liquid is a bit to pink to wear on its own, but felt that the cream was more suited to be worn on its own.

I think this is a great product to give the skin a glow and also to stop foundations with spf looking ashy on dark skin.

I havent finished my strobe liquid, but im not sure if i will beable to get out all the product as its a pump, and you cant unscrew the pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Saltyfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this YEARS ago but haven't used it for a while as back then I couldn't figure out the point of this product. It was sold to me as a moisturiser/higlighter and the Mac artist at Selfridges told me to use some on my cheeks and forehead. The result always ended up looking very overdone so I discarded for a while. However, recently I've been interested in getting the YSL Touche Eclat and I was about to buy it when I remembered the strobe liquid and decided to try it out as a highlighter. I put some on the top of my cheek bones/under eye area, under my eyebrows and the effect is sufficient enough. It definitely serves no purpose as a moisturiser so don't be suckered into belivieving otherwise. The liquid is rather luminous so you really only need a little bit. Just take the tiniest amount and dab to blend in the desired areas. I've used it without foundation but had to do more blending to remove the lavender tinge from my face. I don't use a finishing powder so can'r answer that dilemma and haven't tried it with my foundation yet but I would think that on top would be best. I'll use the product up but as soon as it's gone I'll be buying the YSL Touche Eclat as I think it does a much better job and it's packing is more compact. This bottle is a bit big for the make-up bag.