April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Fragrances - GAP Beauty - Grass

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Aaaah... this smells great! It doesn't just smell of grass, though. It smells of soil and bananas as well. Not complaining! I can't believe I have just came across gap grass just now. I loooove it so much I can't stop smelling myself!

I bought this online along with PS I Love You Spring Fling from Bath and Body Works and I tried layering them on today and it was amazing! Grass first then Spring Fling. Another time, I sprayed this on one wrist and Spring Fling on the other and I just smell like a garden :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

It is such a fresh, green, dewy scent that I immediately associate with my high school days. This was my signature scent back then. I wouldn't consider it a light fragrance because I detect a slight woody-ness to it as well. Just amazing for someone who loves fresh/woody scents. My bottle is almost empty so I'm so happy to see they've reproduced this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

I adore Grass. It was the first of the Gap Scents that I feel for way back when. The scent is grasslike with green and ivy, and clover accents and something over a fresh bloom to accent it. I cannot place the floral type and it is very light. I was saddened when Gap stopped making and carrying this. The origanal packaging was this aluminum canister. After its hiatus from the market I noticed Grass started appearing at the Gap outlet stores. SO far I have only been able to find the body spray in a typical plastic container. And the formula is not quite spot on. I do not have any original to compare it to but my nose knows!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by aquadinka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just received this in a swap totally unsniffed and I'm thrilled. This is the older version before it was discontinued so I don't know how relevant it is now. When I first sprayed it, I was hit with that "just mowed" scent of slightly bitter grass and hay. Unfortunately that fades somewhat quickly and a much sweeter, slightly banany smell takes hold. It is still very green but whereas the opening notes felt kind of dirty, the drydown seems a little less grassy and more gardeny. It kind of reminds me of my Gucci Envy Me 2 with less brightness and more musk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by rhiannon_chiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't smell bad or anything, but I gave it a four because it doesn't smell like grass, and it was a bit too thick with sappy green sweetness. With all the hype I expected it to smell a lot more accurate. Either it's not accurate, or I'm surprised by the number of people whose lawns smell like unripe bananas. I realize Gap is not Demeter, but why call it Grass? They could have called it Green or something.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

I think I am the minority here. It smells fresh... and smells like banana, which is my least favourite fruit on earth. There is no chance I am buying this. Nope.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was waiting in line at the Gap and sprayed myself with the tester for Grass. I had to buy it! It smells sweet like freshly cut grass on a dewy summer morning or after the rain. It's both unusual and familiar. I bought the small body spray for $4.99. The fragrance didn't last long but for $4.99 I can spray myself to my heart's content.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It really smells like grass! Not a concentrated scent, don't expect to smell freshly mowed summertime grass, but a lightly watered down grassy smell. Very green and fresh and subtle. I really enjoy it, it puts me in a good mood :) I find it most suitable for spring and summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by lowesracer

What a lovely fragrance! Makes me think of early spring and summer......sweet clover and freshly cut grass! Went into Gap today and saw it sitting there and snapped it up! Light, sweet, and unique!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's back. I first smelled Grass in the 90's when the GAP first brought out four fragrances, Grass being one of them. I remember being intrigued by it, first because it smelled so good, and secondly because it seemed so different than anything I was surrounded by at that time, which was mostly heavy florals and sweeter scents. Since then I have regretted not buying it and have considered spending money on eBay to get my hands on a bottle. Having checked MUA on a whim, I got wind that Grass was back in stores and went to my local Gap the very next day!
Grass is the best grass scent I have ever smelled, with Bath & Body Works Green Clover and Aloe coming in close second. GAP's Grass smells like clean and breezy green grass with that perfect amount of sweet grassy-ness and fresh air. In the store they had small bottles of body splash for 4.99 and larger bottles and then they had the EDT. All of them smelled great. If you hate the scent of grass, stay away from this but if you're like me and love that scent, this might be HG status for you. I love the way this scent fades and becomes softer and a tad sweeter, but not candy or foody sweet, but more of an herbal sweet. Just a fab scent creation all around as far as I'm concerned. I'm SOOOOO glad they brought this back. I am going to guess it has made a lot of people happy :)