February 27, 2015 | 1891 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2015 11:35:00 PM More reviews by avey5

I have very thick long hair. I sort of like this shampoo and sort of don't. As another person said, it is bogus and crappy the fact that they play up on the word organic when this product is definitely not and it is more pricey that what it should be. I find that irritating. I do loveee the smell even if it is fake and not of essential oils. (partially why I went back to this shampoo, the smell alone I like). Smells fresh and unique, it does feel a little minty on my scalp when washing and that feels nice. My hair is beautiful, soft and shiny hydrated after using BUT the most annoying thing I find is that, my scalp is itchy after..soo I probably won't buy again :(. It's funny that my scalp would be itchy and have some bumps after a shampoo that has tea tree and mint..since tea tree usually helps with that type of thing so it must be the other chemicals and ingredients in this that my skin finds irritating. Sucks because I do like the feel of my hair after and love the smell. I have used the morrocan argan oil shampoo from this brand and I like it but my hair isn't as soft as it is with the tea tree mint. Their Kukui oil shampoo/conditioner, I didn't like at all..left my hair dry and gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2015 6:15:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is a bit bulky but very sturdy. Everyone is saying that this product dries out their hair but honestly it's so moisturizing and leaves my long, fine hair feeling like silk. It's sulfate-free and cleans amazingly without leaving my scalp dry and tight. The consistency is a gel-like green formula which is great for my oily roots and dry ends. If you are super prone to dryness I would skip this & go for a formula that is more rich and creamy but for me it moisturizes my hair beautifully. Even thought it's not the cheapest for the amount you get this is the only shampoo from the drugstore that is truly gentle and sulfate free which is HUGE for me since sulfate filled shampoos leave my scalp so tight, dry, itchy and frizzy. I absolutely adore the mint chocolate chip scent but I can understand why other people would dislike it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by vanillayoga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love Organix and their products. I use several of their products, and this is my staple item. It always leaves my hair really clean and fresh.

I have very thick, coarse, frizzy hair, and am frequently applying oils and using shampoos and conditioners to help make my hair shiny. Sometimes if I use too many products or silky shampoos, my hair will produce too much natural oil, and even after a fresh wash might start to appear oily.

When that happens, all I need is one good wash with my Tea Tree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner. It cleanses my hair to a more natural form without stripping it. While washing, the mint invigorates my scalp and makes me feel awake while the tea tree oil leaves my hair moisturized but not oily. It lathers very nicely, smells very nice, and makes my hair feel really clean. It replenishes my hair to a nice clean state, but still takes away unwanted frizz. After the shower, my hair is naturally soft and healthy!

This is the first Organix product I tried, and it is still one of my favorites. The price is incredible, and the results are worth triple the price at least. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shampoo/conditioner that will clean your hair well while also making it soft and healthy for a great price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 1:18:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think everything about this brand is bogus. Organix does not even use organic ingredients, it just plays on the name to confuse people and convince them to pay more for inferior products and non-organic ingredients. This shampoo does not work as well as other cheaper shampoos and actually left my roots greasy and my ends frizzy. I would not repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Binney

I have tried a lot of the Organix shampoo and conditioners and I find that either they are pretty good or not that great at all. This one has a really good smell that I love but what makes me ultimately not like it is the fact that it doesn't make my hair soft or untangled enough to even brush out after my shower. I feel like most moisturizing shampoos/conditioners leave your hair soft and this one left it feeling pretty rough and not manageable. It is more of a clarifying shampoo, so I guess that's why it doesn't really make it too soft. It lathers well but that doesn't matter to me. The smell is enough to make me finish the bottle but after its gone I will not be repurchasing, just cause I prefer something that will make my hair soft and healthy feeling instead of rough and overly clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a great shampoo because it gives a deep clean while actually moisturizing your hair at the same time. I bleach my hair, so as a result I have pretty dry ends, but my roots get super oily. Clarifying shampoos get all the grease out of my roots but tend to leave my ends tangled and dry. Moisturizing shampoos keep my ends looking healthy, but make my roots look like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. This has been a lifesaver because it gives me a thorough clean, but it makes my hair feel soft, shiny, and manageable. Added bonus -- I've been dealing with a dry scalp latley, and using this regularly seems to really have helped.

This stuff smells amazing -- I don't notice any tea tree scent, just a super minty smell. If you're not a mint lover, though, I haven't noticed the scent of this lingering in my hair, so no worries. The consistency of this is kind of weird. It comes out in almost gel-like blobs. It's not runny or slippery at all like most shampoos are. Because of the consistency, I find that I have to use quite a bit of this to get it to lather in my hair. But if I use enough, this gives a nice lather and it rinses clean -- no residue or coated feeling in the hair afterwards.

I'll definitely be picking this up again, and I'll be trying more from this line (I believe the line is called OGX now). I recommend this to anyone who likes minty scents in the shower, and anyone who needs a lilttle extra moisture in their their hair or scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Oh how I love the scent of this.
It makes me so happy.
I wish the bottles were larger or the price less because it really does not do anything for my hair other than smell good.
I would still buy this maybe just once a year when I want to take a long hot shower and have a little treat and unwind but because there is no benefit to my hair, the bottles are so small, and my hair very very long, I have no other use for this but to make my senses happy and it does lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Naturelover17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long curly hair and this product works wonders. Removes build up and leaves my hair feeling fresh. I love the scent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I have a bob right now that is a few inches above my shoulders. My hair is super straight and tends to be on the oily side. I only have to condition maybe twice a week. I usually go for volumizing shampoos, nothing with heavy moisture.

I LOVE this shampoo. It smells so wonderful and makes my hair soft and manageable.. way better than my normal Dove shampoo. This is a good balance for me between cleansing and moisturizing. I've been using it for 2 months now and my boyfriend seriously loves it as well- the tea tree oils and mint just feel so good on your scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Kryztal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo wouldn't clean my hair. I have really long thick hair and no matter how many times I washed it or how much I used my hair always looked greasy and felt dirty.