January 29, 2015 | 1030 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by vanillayoga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love Organix and their products. I use several of their products, and this is my staple item. It always leaves my hair really clean and fresh.

I have very thick, coarse, frizzy hair, and am frequently applying oils and using shampoos and conditioners to help make my hair shiny. Sometimes if I use too many products or silky shampoos, my hair will produce too much natural oil, and even after a fresh wash might start to appear oily.

When that happens, all I need is one good wash with my Tea Tree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner. It cleanses my hair to a more natural form without stripping it. While washing, the mint invigorates my scalp and makes me feel awake while the tea tree oil leaves my hair moisturized but not oily. It lathers very nicely, smells very nice, and makes my hair feel really clean. It replenishes my hair to a nice clean state, but still takes away unwanted frizz. After the shower, my hair is naturally soft and healthy!

This is the first Organix product I tried, and it is still one of my favorites. The price is incredible, and the results are worth triple the price at least. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shampoo/conditioner that will clean your hair well while also making it soft and healthy for a great price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2015 1:18:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I think everything about this brand is bogus. Organix does not even use organic ingredients, it just plays on the name to confuse people and convince them to pay more for inferior products and non-organic ingredients. This shampoo does not work as well as other cheaper shampoos and actually left my roots greasy and my ends frizzy. I would not repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Binney

I have tried a lot of the Organix shampoo and conditioners and I find that either they are pretty good or not that great at all. This one has a really good smell that I love but what makes me ultimately not like it is the fact that it doesn't make my hair soft or untangled enough to even brush out after my shower. I feel like most moisturizing shampoos/conditioners leave your hair soft and this one left it feeling pretty rough and not manageable. It is more of a clarifying shampoo, so I guess that's why it doesn't really make it too soft. It lathers well but that doesn't matter to me. The smell is enough to make me finish the bottle but after its gone I will not be repurchasing, just cause I prefer something that will make my hair soft and healthy feeling instead of rough and overly clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This is a great shampoo because it gives a deep clean while actually moisturizing your hair at the same time. I bleach my hair, so as a result I have pretty dry ends, but my roots get super oily. Clarifying shampoos get all the grease out of my roots but tend to leave my ends tangled and dry. Moisturizing shampoos keep my ends looking healthy, but make my roots look like I haven't washed my hair in weeks. This has been a lifesaver because it gives me a thorough clean, but it makes my hair feel soft, shiny, and manageable. Added bonus -- I've been dealing with a dry scalp latley, and using this regularly seems to really have helped.

This stuff smells amazing -- I don't notice any tea tree scent, just a super minty smell. If you're not a mint lover, though, I haven't noticed the scent of this lingering in my hair, so no worries. The consistency of this is kind of weird. It comes out in almost gel-like blobs. It's not runny or slippery at all like most shampoos are. Because of the consistency, I find that I have to use quite a bit of this to get it to lather in my hair. But if I use enough, this gives a nice lather and it rinses clean -- no residue or coated feeling in the hair afterwards.

I'll definitely be picking this up again, and I'll be trying more from this line (I believe the line is called OGX now). I recommend this to anyone who likes minty scents in the shower, and anyone who needs a lilttle extra moisture in their their hair or scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Oh how I love the scent of this.
It makes me so happy.
I wish the bottles were larger or the price less because it really does not do anything for my hair other than smell good.
I would still buy this maybe just once a year when I want to take a long hot shower and have a little treat and unwind but because there is no benefit to my hair, the bottles are so small, and my hair very very long, I have no other use for this but to make my senses happy and it does lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Naturelover17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long curly hair and this product works wonders. Removes build up and leaves my hair feeling fresh. I love the scent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I have a bob right now that is a few inches above my shoulders. My hair is super straight and tends to be on the oily side. I only have to condition maybe twice a week. I usually go for volumizing shampoos, nothing with heavy moisture.

I LOVE this shampoo. It smells so wonderful and makes my hair soft and manageable.. way better than my normal Dove shampoo. This is a good balance for me between cleansing and moisturizing. I've been using it for 2 months now and my boyfriend seriously loves it as well- the tea tree oils and mint just feel so good on your scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Kryztal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shampoo wouldn't clean my hair. I have really long thick hair and no matter how many times I washed it or how much I used my hair always looked greasy and felt dirty.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product (and its matching conditioner) for about half a year. I have tried the other ones as well.

The tea tree mint shampoo for me is best served as a clarifying shampoo. I personally love the scent (reminds me of mint chocolate chip), and am not bothered by it.

Then again, I also love mint chocolate chip ice cream, so that may have something to do with it.

It does leave my hair dry after use, but it also removes build up fairly well. I think there are better shampoos out there (for the same price) with equally pleasant scents that do a better job, but until I find one I will continue to use this one. I use this one once a week as I use a lot of pomades and wax products.

I have short hair, so that may be why this shampoo is tolerable for me. Judging by the other reviews, if you have curly hair or medium to long hair this is likely not the shampoo for you.

3/5 - not amazing, but not bad either.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by qualovrquan

I purchased this product because I love the smell of mint, but I found this shampoo's scent overwhelmingly heady and sweet. Prior to purchasing this product I had used Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lavender Mint Shampoo, therefore, I was anticipating a similar cooling, mint-y scent that tingles the scalp. The packaging is bulky which I do not prefer, either, yet was willing to give it a try for the listed ingredients. It is not a bad product as it does its job. My hair is clean and smells acceptable. If you prefer a sweeter smelling shampoo with a subdued mint-y scent, Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo is for you.