Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

on 3/5/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mascara was okay. It did it's job in the way that it claimed, just not in the way that I would like a mascara to be for me, personally.
So it gave its length. My lashes were not much longer than they are bare and without any product on them. To be honest, my lashes are short to begin with, so when I received barely any length in the way it was promised to me, I was furious.
The packaging is sleek, slim, perfect for traveling. It's ideal there, so I liked that. But I think I got a bad tube because when I opened it to use the product, the wand was too long for the tube and resulted in a twisted, curvy, messed up applicator.
The formula was clumpy, not ideal for me. It gave me barely there length. Little to no volume was given. So really, my lashes weren't "defined", they were just painted darker versions of my original bare lashes. The formula was really wet and for me, it was difficult to get off once dried. The waterproof part was right, I'll give them that.
Overall, it was okay. If you're looking for a natural look for work or school, or even if you're starting out with makeup, this would be a good mascara for you for that "barely there" and "natural" makeup look you're going for.

on 11/12/2014 11:28:00 AM

Love this mascara! I prefer waterproof formulas because they tend to hold curl better, and this one is probably my favorite of all. It adds noticeable length and even a little volume and doesn't weigh your curl down at all. Not really a very dramatic look, more like beautiful natural lashes. You can also wear this on top of a volumizing formula for more of a "wow factor" look.

on 7/1/2014 11:05:00 PM

Hey you! I hate you! I love your sister which is the normal define a lash mascara, I have highly hope for the waterproof one, but! Why? It did nothing!! Totally different from the normal version!

on 6/17/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have medium thick and medium long straight lashes. This mascara holds a curl VERY well and does not flake which is pretty hard to find in a waterproof mascara. I love-hate the brush of this mascara. The bristles give good separation and length to my lashes but the brush is a little too bendy. It's fine when you learn to work with it. I definitely recommend this and will repurchase when I run out. Check out my other reviews! :)

on 5/17/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Good mascara. It gives a strong amount of definition. It is not for adding volume. I would not buy this product again, because it's waterproof is definitely waterproof and even with make up remover, warm water and soap there will be traces of it a day later.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. At a glance my eyelashes looked beautiful and made my eyes pop because it has a nice dark colour but when looking at it closer (as someone who is having a conversation with you would see it as) it looks clumpy, cakey and my eyelashes were sticking together. It made it difficult to blink and it looked like I had over applied the mascara by a lot and that I was trying too hard. This is definitely NOT define a lash. I wouldn't but this again.

on 2/17/2014 10:47:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara. It is super for lengthening lashes, doesn't get very clumpy, is sweat-proof (Virginia humidity) and waterproof. I apply full-n-soft mascara first, then immediately use the define a lash to lengthen. I comb my lashes quickly, then wait a few minutes for the product to set before I curl my lashes. FABULOUS. This is how I get my lashes to look like I use Dior Show Mascara.

on 1/22/2014 6:15:00 PM

I am unhappy with this product. When I take the wand out to apply the mascara to my lashes, there are little clumps already on the wand resulting in clumps onto my eye lashes. I bought it to have a nice long lashes, but my eyelashes stick together. It looks messy, almost cakey when I put it on. Taking it off is a complete disaster. It doesn't FULLY come off at the same time. I have to use 2 makeup removover wipes to properly get the entire mascara off. I will say, however, that it stays on during the day.

on 1/15/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I give this props for keeping my lashes curled! It also doesn't smudge. Otherwise, don't think I'll be buying this again. My main beef is the wobbly brush. Whyyyyy is it wobbly? It just flops around when I try to put mascara on! Also clumps like crazy, which is a major nono for me, esp since it's DEFINE a lash. Booo

on 12/9/2013 5:48:00 AM

I actually use this over the falsies mascara. It does a lovely job of separating the lashes and declining them. On it's own it has a very natural look.

Popular Mascaras