April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by andreachidisima

love the texture and long wearing!! it's a lot of coverage! feels very comfortable, light and over all Im enjoying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Luciibabi

This is a great foundation, although the coverage is a little too sheer for my taste and i found it didn't last as long as i wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This ones a keeper - I get swayed off track very easily when it comes to trying out lots of different make-up but always manage to come back to this foundation. Its the one I grab for going on trips, an occasion, hot days, long days, photos, wanting to have my make-up look perfect days :)

I find less is more with this foundation and a little bit goes a very long way, my favourite foolproof way to apply this is with either a BB or RT Blender as it gets this blended in beautifully to look like really good skin. (sometimes get compliments on how good my skin is looking so its a nice bonus - I hold this foundation responsible). I find one application perfect as I still like to see my own skin but could see that this could be very easily built up for fuller coverage. Wears so well for a long day and only needs a face tissue blot after hours, holds up great in the sun too. Just a light powdering over the top keeps this set easily for the day + longer, my current favourite powder with this is the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder.

My shade is Intensity 1.0 and on my NC15 skin I find this a great and natural looking match. (arm swatch above). I will certainly be replacing this when its all gone. The only thing that I see as a slight downside is how the lid gets filled with product after use and a bit messy - its worth coping with :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation so much! It's hands down, the best foundation I've ever tried. I tried a sample of the regular Double Wear a while back, and really didn't like it. It was way too thick, settled into the flaws on my face, and looked unnatural and cakey. When it was dry, it resembled paint. I've done tons of research on foundations, and came across Double Wear Light.

I've wanted to try this foundation for awhile, but I was hesitant. I thought that I was allergic to the regular Double Wear (it turns out I'm not) and thought this would give me the same problem. I got a sample of this and Clarins Everlasting Foundation. I had to get to work in another part of the mall, so I didn't have time to get color matched. But the SA was super friendly and helpful. She suggested I try Intensity 2, so that is the one that I got a sample of.

I tried the Clarins sample first. But I didn't care for it. So I removed it and tried the Double Wear Light instead. I was a little concerned at first that it was going to be too dark. But once I put it, it was perfect. It is super easy to blend and is buildable. I would describe this as medium coverage buildable to full. A little of this goes a long way. It covers the redness and bumps on my face without looking cakey. It doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. It looks like real skin. This foundation feels great on your face. It doesn't feel thick or heavy at all. I applied it with my fingers in sections. I apply a thin layer and then while it's still wet, another thin layer. This technique gives me the perfect amount of coverage and still looks never natural. The finish of this makeup is wonderful. It's not too dewy or too matte.

The staying power of this foundation is amazing. Once it's on, it doesn't budge. It's waterproof and sweat-proof. Even on my super oily nose, it stays put until I remove it. Intensity 2 is a perfect match for my skin. There is no dreaded foundation line. Unlike some other foundations I've tried (MAC and Clarins) this foundation doesn't oxidize at all.

In addition to be very oily (especially in my T-zone) my skin is also extremely allergy-prone. I am always a little hesitant to try new products, because I never know how my skin is going to react. I've even had allergic reactions to things that claim to be hypoallergenic and made especially for sensitive skin. But this foundation didn't give me any problems whatsoever. For me, that is huge. I used to think that I had cool undertones. But over the last few months, I've discovered that I actually look best in neutral tones. This foundation is a perfect balance. It's not too yellow and it's not too pink. It's a nice blend of both.

I like this SO much better than the LancŰme Teint Miracle I was using previously. This has much better coverage, doesn't turn greasy or oxidize and stays put. It also is less expensive than the Teint Miracle. In fact, I returned the Teint Miracle I purchased to Sephora and purchased a full-sized tube of this instead. This is definitely my HG foundation. My search for the perfect foundation is FINALLY over.

I was beginning to think that finding everything I wanted in a foundation was nothing but a pipe dream (good staying power, oil free, good coverage, natural finish) but I'm glad I didn't give up. This foundation has given me everything I was looking for in a foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by nhynhi

Makes your face flawless without shine. It is buidable, light-weighted and the color matches perfectly, I bought the value set from macy's. Highly recomment if you are looking for a foundation that last all day long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Kicking myself for not getting this sooner. This is heaven sent for my oily oily flaky flaky skin. NC15-20 here and Intensity 1 serves me okay although it's a tad too pink for my yellow undertone. I layer it twice for medium coverage. Fingers when Iím very flaky or any flat top brush when skin is being nice. If you have flaky skin, you know how annoying it is when foundation highlights those bits and adds years to your face. This is not the case with this foundation, and for this I breathe a huge sigh of relief. After 5-6 hours my face does get dewy, but the keyword is DEWY not Saudi Arabia oil-field type. Itís a nice, fresh type of dewy, one thing that I never thought Iíd be able to say about my face. A tissue blot and slight re-powdering will do (if I feel like it) and surprise surpriseee this action will NOT disturb the flaky-free state of my face!! WOOOHHOOO. I have given up retouching for most of the foundation Iíve tried because normally it will only add to the flakyness. Once I used this for 10 hours straight in a very humid country. I was literally sweating all over and even my hair got poufy from the heat. Took some pictures at the end of the day and I look... fresh, as if Iíve just applied my foundation. This, for me, is the ultimate test of foundation that ELDW Light passes with flying colors.

*) Tried this with a physical sunblock beneath and it performs just as fine.
*) Pairs very nicely with ELDW concealer.
*) The smell is a bit plasticky.
*) Do your face in sections as it sets pretty quickly.
*) Maximum 2 layers.
*) Sensitive skin: this has no alcohol denat, but plenty of cones. If you know for sure that you canít do cones, then this is not for you.
*) I do need powder on top to keep it altogether. I use Laura Mercier translucent or ELF HD powder. Either one is fine, canít tell the difference to be honest.
*) Needs double cleanse to take it off. I donít do oil cleansing, so I just use my regular facewash twice.
*) Limited shades. Need more yellow please.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

my first EL foundation and i am absolutely loving it! medium coverage with velvet texture, it appears very natural on my skin and does not emphasize the pores. In addition, my face does not turn oily after 10-12 hours running in-and-out between hot/humid surroundings and air-conditioned office; at the end of the day, the T-zone just looks slightly more shiny and I can simply blot with facial tissue. when first apply, i am a bit shocked because the colour looks lighter, but after 10-15 minutes it turns darker and match my skin tone (i'm using colour 2.5) - before purchase, i would suggest you try it on the side of the face and then observe it under daylight, so you will get the best-matched colour for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rlamour

ELDWL is absolutely my HG foundation, it gives great coverage without being heavy, cakey, or fake looking. It has similar staying power to regular DoubleWear, I would say just slightly less.The only downside to this foundation is the limited shade range, I use Intensity 2, but I find it to be just a tad too pink when my skin is without any tan. If you think you need a heavy, full coverage foundation to cover up imperfections in your skin, I would encourage you to give this a try instead. It really gives superb coverage without a mask-like effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

Great for some one who needs a little coverage, but doesn't need the hassle of having to touch up throughout the day. It's got great pigmentation without feeling too heavy, has a natural finish (not too dewy, not too matte), and lasts on me at least 7-8 hours without any signs of fading. Seriously, once this sets, it's on for the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at some point when my acne was getting better and I didn't want to use either the original ELDW or the maximum coverage one. I have shade 'intensity 3' for my NC35 skin. The colour actually is very flattering and I think it looks much better than the 3W1 of the original ELDW. It feels light, yet it has good coverage but it doesn't look heavy at all. I do have to use a bit of concealer for some blemishes (either Mac's Studio finish in NC35, or just put a bit of ELDW Light with a little brush which gives a much better coverage and finish).
As for keeping me matte, it doesn't really do the same job with the original ELDW (which seems to keep me matte for quite a few hours, say, about 5-6 before I touch up again) but it's not one of these that leave me oily after 1 hour or so.
Overall, this is an excellent product for people that don't want a heavy coverage. I will definitely buy again once I run out. EL does the most amazing foundation products, and the colours are not too bad either (OK, they are not like Mac, but at least there are some yellow based shades, unlike Clinique...)