September 30, 2014 | 2063 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

This brush set was a blind buy for me and while I like them and I use them almost daily, they aren't the very best money can buy....HOWever at the price I paid, they ARE *top notch*!!! They're attractive to look at. I don't really use the travel bag because I apply my makeup at a vanity and don't tote it around with me much. But it would be a plus to someone who travels with their makeup or applies it on the go frequently...and it's made with hemp and is cruelty free so that's awesome! I use all of the brushes, but my favorite is the angled eyeliner brush. I use it occasionally to apply my Maybelline cream liner pot and very often to define my brows. It does an excellent job at making a clean defining line on my brows when swiped in a bit of dark eyeshadow. I much prefer that to paying an arm and a leg for a brow kit when I can achieve the exact results with an Eco Tools angled eyeliner brush and some cheap dark brown eyeshadow. So that's a good tip! Personal preference of course.

I also like the blusher brush. It's not as big as I prefer but the bristles are very dense and very soft, the bristles on each brush are synthetic and made from taklon so they're cruelty free as well. I find the blusher brush blends seamlessly and is good for some casual light contouring around cheekbones. I use it after buffing in my foundation with my bareMinerals kabuki to apply bronzer/blusher and to blend away any harsh lines and to just blur everything very nicely. I use the eyeshadow brush to duh, apply eyeshadow and really have no complaints. I know synthetic brush bristles don't hold shadow as well as non-synthetic, but they make up for it by being notoriously easy to clean and for staying cleaner longer and not staining like real animal hair brushes. The eyeshadow brush is nicely shaped and feels soft on my delicate eye area. The lip brush (?) the skinny pointy one is my least used brush out of this set. I actually use it to blur and smudge eyeliner. Works great for that. All in all, for being A) between $10-20 and B) cruelty free and a economically friendly set this is a great buy which deserves high ratings. They don't shed and according to other reviewers they last YEARS without a lot of wear and are very substantial and hardy (I've only had them about 9-10 months). They are a great and very reasonably priced investment and at the price point you really have NOTHING to lose... I have absolutely no complaints :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

I've had these brushes for at least 5 years and they are still working beautifully!

My favorite by far is the blusher brush, which I honestly use for EVERYTHING because it is soft and full- perfect for blush, bronzer, and powder.

The eyeliner brush is another success - I use it with essence gel eyeliner or powder black eyeshadow and it is perfectly firm and just well made!

The eyeshadow brush is my last favorite of the bunch. It is OK, but I do have a hard time packing on powder with this. It can't pick up a huge amount of pigment, but it still is well made and a nice one to have on hand.

The concealer brush is fine - no complaints! I use it for eyeshadow as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I've had the chance to use this set for about a few months now. I heard good things about Ecotools and decided to try it. It's pricy here in Australia and I probably could've saved more purchasing it online but I wanted some brushes quick and snagged it on special. I needed to replace some ruined brushes :(

Generally speaking, I like the set. I find I reach for the blush brush and the comb/brush the most but was most impressed by angled eyeliner brush.

Blush brush gives a nice sheer blush and can contour but definitely not for sheer blushes. I prefer to use it for setting my foundation/concealer instead. I like this brush but not enough to give it full marks - 4/5

Lash comb/brush - I use the brush for my eyebrows. I don't care for the comb though - 3/5

Angled liner brush - Not the best if you want a fine line but this makes winged liner easy. I happen to like my liner a little thicker, so it's good. However, I would never use this brush for tight lining - 5/5

Eyeshadow brush - I find it very stiff and I don't like to use it for powder eyeshadows, which I normally use. However, this is good for cream eyeshadows when I just want a sheer wash - particularly if they're sparkly and I want it more suitable for day-to-day use - 3.5/5

Concealer brush - I find it a bit too big for my liking but it's good for something like the under eye - 4/5.

The pouch it comes in is pretty good for travelling if you're going away for a weekend. I don't feel the need to bring all my brushes out for daily use though. Great set for a beginner or someone in need of a basic set of brushes stat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ecotools Brushes are the best. They work just as well as some of those extremely pricey brushes sold at Sephora. I've had mine for years, and they're in terrific shape. I've never had any problems with shedding. They pick up and distribute product beautifully. Soft and durable, I expect to have them for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

So soft! Incredible quality brushes for the price! Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

Purchased this great brush set years ago on a whim and to my surprise it is amazing!
It has withstood years of use without any bristles falling out and any damage at all to the brushes themselves. The condition of my brushes are as good as new and has withstood washing and travel (it's cheap enough not to feel bad about chucking a sole brush in a make-up bag on the go).

Definitely a good purchase as a beginners/essentials brush set.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by amiablealligator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fantastic for the price. I just got serious about makeup recently and this is a great starter set. The brushes are soft, well made and almost never shed. They can be used a lot before you have to clean them. The packaging is ecofriendly too, which is a nice plus. My only complaint is that this set does not come with the Ecotools flat foundation brush, which is also great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! They r so soft. If u get extra product on them u can tap it right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I find myself reaching for these brushes quite often now. I don't use the eye brush mainly for blending, because I find my MAC to be way more soft and gentle on the skin. But I got to say, this line of brushes are really amazing.

The price is very much affordable and I love the bamboo handle. It kind of reminds me of the bobbi brown brush, although I'm not sure which brand came up with the idea first. But I've been using pretty much all of the brushes in this set daily.

The bristles are "cruelty-free" meaning they are made of all synthic fibers. But luckily, they are so soft that it really didn't make it difference whether they are natural or not. I do like that it's cruelty-free and it felt like natural hair though. All of the brushes picks up colour really well. I think comparing with other similar priced brands like RT and ELF, ecotools seem to be more unique in quality. Although I think RT shares the same company? I'd choose ecotools over RT.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I bought these in a Seattle Kmart for about $10 and boy am I glad I did! There is no shedding and they all do what they're supposed to do. I highly recommend! I love these and the ELF Studio brushes, although the ELF brushes shed a bit. The Ecotools handles are superb! I don't own Sigma brushes, but these must be of equal quality without the ridiculous price tag. :-)