Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 4/29/2015 5:49:00 PM

So I got the illuminator...
You know, the stuff that supposed to be lighter then everyone's skin tone to be like a highlighter?

Well, it matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. It feels so nice on my skin I don't even know it's there, it has just the right pink tone to it to match my skin. It's lasted the longest of all concealers I've bought, and covers stuff really well.

I recommend that if you can NEVER find the right shade because it's too yellow or orange, try this. I nearly cried with happiness not to have to mix fifty colours together to have something that works. Compared to other make up I used, pretty cheap too! I hope this one sticks around for a while.

I read somewhere to use the neutralizer color (730) to fix redness. I finally got it and have been trying to use it for the last couple weeks. First off this color looks like the perfect color match to any modern day manikin. But it does seem to take away the redness on my cheeks/nose area. But It is really flat. I feel like it makes me look sick. I like the formula so I may have to try it again in another shade...

I have been using this for a touch up spot concealer for over 15 years - it is great! It covers up blemishes and dark spots so well. I can not live without this. Lasts all day - never have to reapply. Thank God for this excellent spot treatment. I use this after my foundation on the spots that just need a bit extra coverage. It finishes what a liquid concealer can't. If you just dab it on the spots it will cover flawlessly!

on 3/25/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the best concealer I've ever used. The lipstick type applicator is easy to use. And I love the texture. It's creamy but not oily. I bought the light shade, and it works perfectly on my under eye circles, dark spots, and blemishes. I actually purchased this shade based on the recommendation from the Cover Girl website. Normally I would have bought the fair shade, but the light shade looks so much more natural. So apparently they know what they're doing. First, I apply CG Smoothers Makeup in "Natural Ivory" with a makeup sponge. Then I apply the concealer on top wherever I need it. I use the same sponge and lightly pat to blend. Then I set with Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Rosey Beige. Once set it lasts all day.

on 12/21/2014 1:53:00 PM

I had read some good reviews of this CG concealer, and wanted to like it....but it was just not creamy enough for my dry-ish aging undereye area. However, it was not a total bust because I read on here....or somewhere....that it made a great primer for eyeshadow. So, I am using it as a primer, instead of concealer. So far, it is a terrific primer and helps shadow stay on my oily lids. Still looking for a HG concealer......

on 11/4/2014 5:50:00 PM

Okay so I really love this concealer and I wish I didn't lol mostly cause of its price its like $5-$6 dollers and my local Walmart for only 4 g. Of product. . So I constantly have to be buying it again ! I have it in color illuminator and thats the only color I ever buy it in ! It makes my eyes look awake and pretty and my face a lot brighter! :) its so easy to appy its so smooth and super blendable !!!

on 8/21/2014 4:27:00 PM

Such a cute cosmetic!
I usually buy high-end concealers, but all of them would crease! I even tried the Amazing! concealer and that also creased. I was pretty fed up with it, and thought this time around I'll try a drugstore brand. I searched high and low for the best reviews and came across the CG Smoothers concealer. I am so happy I did because this doesn't crease at all. It is easy to put on, not heavy at all, it glides smoothly and blends easily. It does dry fast so make sure to blend as soon as you apply. I use a concealer brush to blend, but a finger works too. I have dark circles that I cannot get rid of. This concealer masks them, and makes it look very natural.

To set my concealer, I use Laura Mercier brightening powder. Just a dab of the powder seals my makeup and it lasts longer, too. So I use a drugstore concealer and a high-end powder. Crazy, but this combination works amazing for me.

I'm almost out of the concealer and wanted to try something else, but I can't get over the fact that it doesn't crease. I am truly sold on this product and will continue to buy again. Give it a chance- it may not be for everyone but it works for me.

on 6/10/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've trusted this concealer for years! It is great for blemishes and hyper pigmentation, providing medium to full coverage. However, like others have said, it isn't the best for under eye circles. It does, however, brighten up your eyes. I can easily find this when I need more, the price is right, and the packaging is convenient for traveling (though maybe not the most hygienic). The color selection is pretty good and the texture of the product is smooth. A great basic concealer, especially for a first time concealer user. :)

on 4/29/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used this stuff for years, it wasn't my HG, but definitely better than anything I'd tried (up to and including 50 and 60 and even 70$ concealers from high end brands, waste of money, frankly), as well as multiple drugstore concealers. The reason I liked it for so long was the consistency and the texture of it. I used it throughout highschool during my awful cystic acne/Accutane phase, where my skin was very oily, then very dry, and just a mess everywhere. It is very creamy, has good coverage, and stayed put some days...I would say for about 4 hours it's okay, unless it's crazy humid or hot out (but I'm Canada, so that's like only a month or two out of the year, not a big concern for me). The reason I ultimately switched (well, other than the fact that I mayyyy have found my HG concealer, a bit early to tell yet), is first of the all, the colours suck. Just awful, WAY too pink, or orangey, and quite dark. I'm not a pale person and I had to go to the lightest shade so it wouldn't look weird, but again, very very very pink. My skin is very yellow toned, so I had to wear foundation over this to cover that fact up, and I despise foundation, so I was never happy about that. Otherwise it looks like I had pink blotches everywhere. That was my biggest gripe. The coverage was good, but not perfect. My skin is actually pretty good these days, but I'd have to put two or three layers on to cover my spots/redness, which runs the risk of getting cakey (which it has on some days). Since my skin is more dry than oily these days, I also find it looks awful on dry skin. It looks fine at first, but as it dries, it accentuates the patches and flakes like crazy...and this is after exfoliating and moisturizing. I would often redo my entire face at work (washing and moisturizing) just because the dryness looked so much worse than it actually was. For the price however, if it kind of matches your skin tone and you're not super duper dry, it's a decent drugstore concealer. It does the job it promises to do, and much better than other drugstore concealers, was super easy to apply when I was first dealing with covering up acne and was a makeup noob, and it never ever broke me out or aggravated my existing pimples, but the colour choice and dryness issue became too much for me. It has been faithful to me, but I've finally found something that works much better. (If you're wondering - Vichy Dermablend Foundation Stick, wonderful stuff).

on 2/22/2014 2:07:00 PM

Blargh, I really wanted this to work for me! I'm fair with yellow undertones and bad dark circles, and I had hoped this product could save me. I bought it in the 'Neutralize' shade, but it was just weirdly light and greyish yellow on me. Unfortunately the rest of the colours had pink and salmon undertones which weren't going to work. The formula itself isn't bad, good coverage and pretty smooth (but I found it a bit drying). I love the packaging, how simple and quick it is to use. Unfortunately our love just wasn't meant to be.

If you find a colour that matches your skin, I bet it's great! However, for my neutralizing needs I now go to Maybelline Dark Circle Treatment in Neutralizer, which is a more flattering shade.

Video Reviews & Tutorials