August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! First off I just wanna blab that it`s been over a year since I last did a review on here! I miss those days of telling the tales of good and bad beauty products, helping the beauty community on here.
Now onto the product. The Brow Wiz is perfect for anybody who has next to no eyebrows--and not just sparse, I`m talking eyebrows so thin it looks like they aren`t on the persons face if you look from a couple feet away. The formula is tough (not soft like a kohl crayon) and yet, applies colour with ease, enough so that you can gradually build on your non-existent brows while not tugging on your skin. The pencil is VERY thin enough to create hair-like strokes, and the formula lasts about 5 hours before it starts to fade, pretty average for my slightly oily skin. I really like the spoolie especially because of how short and stiff it is, giving you the ability to sweep through and blend the colour in only several swipes.
The colour medium ash (which I have) is perfect for those with dark or Asian hair struggling to find a brow product that isn`t too red in colour. Most of the colours in Brow Wiz are those that I have not seen in any other brow pencil.

Overall, I give this 5 out of 5 for the formula, the small thin packaging, and the vast array of natural colours. Although I would not personally buy it again (I`m a dramatic brow girl plus I just prefer to slap on my brows and edit from there) I know someone out there with no eyebrows is searching the moon and back for a brow product that will give them a naturally coloured eyebrows that don`t look drawn in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade ash blonde/taupe. As I am getting older I am learning a lot about how little makeup I can get away with and which products I cannot live without.
A good brow pencil (ie good brows) is/are essential. (in addition to: nice skin, great eyelashes, and a nice clean lip). All the other makeup stuff is great... But as you get older and your eyeshadow creases and foundation cakes and settles... You realize you just need to play the heck out of what you have left.
I had used Anastasia's stencil kit and brow powder duo years ago (and have reviewed this kit and highly recommend it) but opted for a pencil .. (Clinique's) and kinda just kept going with it. I wasn't 100% pleased though, so looked to the brow expert once again-Anastasia.
This pencil by Anastasia is LITERALLY the color of my eyebrows and is so forgiving... its like its soft and firm at the same time??!? And the spoolie on the other end is ideal for brushing through and shaping as you go. You can stroke in lines as long as you need to to get the right shape without moving away from the mirror only to realize you have gone way too heavy. You will be left with perfect, natural looking, defined brows. A must for any woman.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Sara23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if its my skin or if I got a dud dried out Brow Wiz, but I find this product really doesn't work that well for me. I have the dark brown/brunette and I find if I try and do little feathered strokes to get a natural look, nothing really happens. It only seems to work if I draw very heavy, thick lines, which is a bit disappointing as I bought the product on the understanding that the fine point was great for drawing natural looking brows. I also have the Anastasia Brow Gel, which I purchased with the Brow Wiz on the understanding it sets the Brow Wiz. However, I find it actually removes the Brow Wiz, which is rather annoying considering how long it takes me to get any colour out of the Brow Wiz. The one thing I do like about this is the spoolie tool on the end of the Brow Wiz. However, its not my favourite product and I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I do not understand the positive raves about this product. I hate it. It is one of the scratchiest pencils with drag I have ever used. I've thrown it out and will continue to use my MAC pencil which I adore..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by acupofsarah

Have always found filling in my eyebrows a struggle but this product completely changed that, so easy to use and very natural looking. Will definitely stick with Anastasia when it comes to eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in the color Medium Brown and I really like it. This color matches my darker roots and I really love how the small crayon pencil gives me more control in filling in my brows than other pencils I've tried. This product makes it really easy to achieve perfect brows and I like that it's not super pigmented, which makes it easier to blend. It's double-sided and comes with a spooley on the other end. I haven't used the spooley side yet, but I'm glad that it's there just in case I ever don't have my other spooley to help me out. This product is longlasting, easy to apply, and totally worth it for $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

so I much prefer brow pencils than powders, and I have now tried the hourglass arch brow pencil, Kevyn aucoin brow pencil and now Anastasia brow wiz. All products have their pros and cons but for me, Anastasia brow wiz in soft brown is the most natural looking and closest to the perfect colour. The packaging is kind of cheap compared to the other two, and the spooly is quite scratchy. Nonetheless it's a great brow pencil and I find it lasts a lot longer if I use a wax on my brows before I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I have pretty oily skin, and I am afraid this was way too waxy for me. The tips were always fading, even when I set them with an eyeshadow, or translucent powder. Would not buy again. I would recommend the dipbrow instead if you have oily skin like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing eyebrow pencil love it and will never go back to anything else. I use this in ebony and it gives the most natural looking brows, they actually look like real hairs. Only bad points are the packaging which tends to waste the last bit of pencil because it won't come up and the price is a bit steep but I will continue to purchase and always have a backup, wish I had discovered it earlier!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by yangtanw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

anastasia brow products are extremely overpriced. there are a lot of japanese drugstore eye brow products that are identical and only cost a fraction of the price.