December 18, 2014 | 1356 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by bsg811

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love this thing! I have gone through two over the last 6 years, and that only because I worked my last one harder than most people would (see below). It's amazing for my skin in the winter. The flaking and scaliness is way improved. And it feels soooo good to scrub with it. I don't find the texture to be too rough. If you work quickly in circles, it's actually very gentle. If you scrub hard back and forth, it's great for areas like feet. And you can unfurl it to scrub your own back! Perfection.

This is also of major use to me in the summer after gardening. When dirt and sport sunscreen meet, they create a very stubborn film. Ditto for sunscreen and sand at the beach. This scrubby towel completely gets rid of that even when you're using a gentle sls-free soap. I don't feel clean in the summer without my salux towel. I only had to replace my first one because it was stained with dirt and looked a little gross.

It retains its scrubby texture for years without coming loose like those pointless shower poufs. It dries really quickly and rolls up small so it's perfect for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jennhaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! About a year and a half ago I started using this with Dr. Woods Black Soap, and I'll never look back. Bacne...gone! Overall skin texture...like butter! I love that I can throw these in the washer. I use the same cloth for a week then replace with a clean one. The cloths get pilled up and stringy after six months or so, so I just order a new set of 3 by then. They certainly are affordable enough to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by esotericsquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a free gift in a food store many years ago. This towel lasted for a long time, like years, and it scrubbed well. Reminds me of Madina's Kese cloth and is better than today's loofahs. It helped to mitigate the discoloration on the back of my neck and elbows as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading so many rave reviews on MU Alley and I have to admit it is such a fantastic product! I love exfoliating my skin but got tired of finding scrubs that weren't grainy enough and didn't like mixing my own sugar concoction in the shower. So I purchased this online and I have used it everyday for the past year, it is truly a miracle product. It exfoliates so well, it is definitely rougher than most things I used to exfoliate with but it works perfectly well for my normal skin. You need the smallest amount of body wash and it lathers up so well, leaves my skin feeling so soft and healthy. It hasn't changed one bit in the past year and perfectly usable. I was initially worried it would start to shed but its stayed the same and I'm so happy. I always take it with me when travelling and if it did decide to disintegrate on me (which I hope it wont!) I would purchase another straight away! Its a great product, you need to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have three of these from Amazon for 11.99. These are almost like a pot scrubber pad texture only for humans. I love how they exfoliate without the mess of a scrub. I have used this twice. They rinse clean and dry overnight. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These towels are so amazing, I buy them in bulk. They arent expensive and great quality.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wanting to try these out for years, but never purchased online. I found a different brand at TJMaxx of the same type of nylon, scrubby washcloth & figured it was pretty much the same thing. Picked up the real deal in Hawaii & there is no comparison!! Salux is amazing! Much better quality, finer scrub rather than a harsh scrape on the skin. Needless to say I stocked up :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know how I lived without these things. I have three so that I'm never without it no matter where I'm traveling to. At first it feels too abrasive but after one or two uses you're used to it and it feels AMAZING. The skin on my knees and elbows are like new now especially if I follow up with an oil, the exfoliation is that good after only a few uses. Some might find it too much for everyday use but I certainly don't, I haven't used a regular wash cloth (except for...you know, there) in almost four years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this based on MUA reviews. Got a set of three from Amazon. It is just wonderful for my dry, bumpy skin. So soft after using for a couple of weeks. I love how long it is so that I can get my back. Do not scrub too hard, just let the fabric do the work. Plan to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by rubadub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I've struggled with keratosis pilaris for most of my life. I've tried so many things without any real improvement - that's was before the Salux towel. AMAZING! Who knew a plastic towel could make such a difference? Bumps - gone, red dots - barely visible! My legs and arms have never been this smooth.. Best 10 bucks I ever spent, I'll never go without one!