July 22, 2014 | 2057 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

THESE ARE THE BESTESTEST.

The review link on the side caught my eye as I reading reviews on eyelash curlers, and I just HAD to review these! My first contact with this cloth was way back when, to the days of teenage angst and zits in middle school. 2006, 2007? My mom just sort of passed them onto me.

Good LORD.
You get a squeakier, more even and exfoliating clean with these than if you used a regular puff loofah or whatever! Not to mention, it lathers up smoothly and luxuriously - saving you inklings body wash per use, but so, so much money in the long run.
For sufferers of keratosis pilaris something a little more abrasive than the Salux washcloth: Ayate washcloths, hard-scrubber loofahs (they soften a bit with water!), and body brushes are good ideas.

For individuals like me who always need a new way of doing things to keep things fresh and interesting, this washcloth definitely isn't vanilla. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Raven01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's $11.98 in Canada if you buy just one from the website but totally worth it! Love this cloth My skin in soft and polished Something no other brush loofah or puff has ever done Highly recommend this cloth LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bubbles628

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this item! I have Keratosis Pilaris on my upper back and I've found that this helps gently exfoliate my back. I use it every day in the shower and have given them as gifts to family members. The texture isn't what I was originally expecting, but it's very nice. It feels like a thin stretched out loofah that isn't too abrasive. I used to occasionally break out on my back and have noticed a dramatic decrease since using a Salux Towel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

HG item. I love this!! I replace it every 6 months..but be sure it says Salux on the cover. Don't get the knock as it is not the same. The original is about $3 and the knock off is $1. Don't be cheap find the real thing!

This product has gotten rid of these redish bumps i used to have on my upper arms and even my hip thigh area. I used it all over and what a miracle product. You can't say that too often.

I would totally replace it becaus I stock up when I go to the Asian supermarket and stock up!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

I will never bring sugar or sneak my mums coffee grounds into the shower again!

This works better and is infinitely less messy than scrubs I like to make.

Plus - $5 for it that will last about half a year and make my body wash last a lot longer.
It feels so scrubby and nice, and the length makes it so easy to scrub your back with! It makes my sulfate-free BW nice and foamy.
Ugh, I love this little cloth, I can't be without it now!!!!
Also - as another reviewer so helpfully mentioned, beware of any knockoffs if you're buying online from eBay or such, I guess one way to tell if it's authentic is the packaging and the cloth itself has a tag with the salux label and the fibers it's made from; also saying MADE IN JAPAN.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this and several other brands of nylon bath cloths- they all work great! I love to use them with Glytone Retexturize Body Wash, which has glycolic acid... After one wash my skin is smooth and glowing! (Like, J.Lo glowing!) Highly recommend both!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is definitely a must-have in anyone's shower/bath.

When I moved to the US, I could not find any Salux brand bath towel and forgot to pack mine, so tried some various drugstore brand knock-offs, but none were as good as the Salux cloth. They all fell apart, felt too thin, were poor quality, too small or were barely "scrubby". Also tried Innisfree's bath towel but it was softer, less coarse and therefore - just not what I really wanted.

Driving around one day, I finally noticed a Japanese beauty shop about 30 minutes from my house that stocks them, and bought several. If you can find them where you live, they are affordable (less than $4-5 usually) and just perfect. They are abrasive without being irritating and leave your skin squeaky clean and just perfect. I use less product (be it shower gel or soaps) and it makes a tons of fluffy foam that makes your shower/bath ritual that much better. This is 100x better than any scrub you can buy or make! I would hate to live without my Salux. I can't imagine anyone not liking this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Project25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing to have in the shower. I used to have a back brush and shower pouf now this is all I need. I use my CeraVe foaming face wash for my face AND body. You only need to use a small amount and you get a great lather. My skin is happy so I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again? Yes, MakeupAlley. I would.

In fact, I did!

I was on my first Salux when I was living abroad and went to visit my neighbourhood sauna. I left my Salux in a pail with the rest of my toiletries for just a moment to grab some water. When I came back someone stole it.

Yeah. That's right.

Someone stole my bath towel!

Who would steal a bath towel, you ask? My only guess is someone who can recognize just how awesome this is!

I spent the rest of my time obsessing about getting another one. I scoured stores to see if they sold them. I got doppelgängers from Daiso and the grocery store, but they just weren't the same. They weren't scrubby enough. Not exfoliating enough. Not the right size...

It made me yearn for the early days of when I had my Salux. I didn't know what I had until it was gone.

At first I didn't know what to do with my Salux. It's so long. But its genius is in its length and width. I can scrub my back with ease and, if pressed for time, can wash both my legs at the same time.

It's really amazing at delivering soft, soft skin. Watching the shower drain after I used the Salux was equal parts fascinating and disgusting; I got to see firsthand how effective at exfoliating the Salux was.

It's also great for travel. It takes up virtually no space and it dries in no time.

It's great value. Not just the Salux, itself – which is less than $5 on its own. It also helps to conserve soap. You don't need a lot of soap because you can create an insane amount of lather with the net.

In case you're wondering, I now have a Salux. I buckled down and bought it in bulk. I just missed that level of clean way too much.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by winnied

works great to clean my back where i can't really bend my arms to reach, it works wonders for back acne as well :)