Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love the Salux cloth! I like ordering a few at a time so I always have a new one at home. I like that you can hang it up to dry and the texture of the cloth gives you the perfect amount of exfoliation. I've tried a few different methods of exfoliating my body and this is my favorite.

LOOOVE these things, have been using them for 30 years. I went to college with a lot of Hawaiian-state girls, we had communal showers, they all used these and had great lustrous skin, no bumps, ashy or scaly areas.
I started using them, it does polish your skin and get rid of itchy winter skin. I've had people accidentally touch me and end up petting my arms. (It also helps HUGELY with SHINGLES--which isn't on my arms.)
In recent years, I'll ball it up, and put a very rich shower soap on it, plus maybe a squirt of lotion and then just polish every inch. Rinse everything off, lightly pat dry, then in-shower, apply lotion. Outside-shower, add a second coating of lotion to problem areas, then add Gold Bond-type lotion to any scaly-or-psoriasis sections.
Shingles: For Shingles sections, I go over it with the Salux -it seems to heal up things faster than using nothing or a cotton washcloth. Post-shower, I'll squirt the sores with Listerine-type mouthwash (Original Gold liquid version) as it contains salicylic acid (skin calmer & exfoliant) and some other items that seems to really calm down the Shingles quickly and heal up it up much faster than without it. (Yes, the slight stinging is still better than letting the Shingles really get out of control with the itching & extreme pain.) After it dries, pat Arnica gel (herbal) on top, it seems to really heal it fast. (I had no preset bias about the Arnica gel, I got it as a sample at the hippie grocery, but dang it if it didn't heal things up really fast. I've also experimented with Ben Gay (also contains salicylic acid) on it, which is still better than nothing, or letting it itch or get worse.)

The nylon cloth does not deteriorate in the shower or get moldy, like brushes or loofahs. It is good to hang it up & let it dry out.
NOT RECOMMENDED: running it through the clothes washer, it softens it, which defeats the purpose. Also, I wouldn't recommend using it on your face, it doesn't get all the makeup off. I'd recommend a soft microfiber washcloth (like a microscopic dirt-velcro) for that, with a very gentle cleanser--that helped with my cystic acne and any other big painful flareups, and followup with a serum that increases skin cell turnover.

MakeupAlley introduced the Salux Beauty cloth to me about 3 years ago and at first I was less then impressed. I soon discovered that I had bought a counterfeit on Amazon and someone suggested that I buy one from the official site Saluxshop.com. From my very first shower I noticed the difference and my skin and skin issues have never been better. It has taken care of my slight bacne and keratosis. I use organic soaps (bar or liquid) and then follow up with Cerave Moisturizing lotion.
I would highly recommend that before you buy a Salux cloth visit their frequently asked questions (FAQ) page. It will answer most of your questions and also gives you advice as how to avoid the counterfeits. I'll be buying them for stocking stuffers this year. Happy Holidays to all of you. Here's the link to the FAQ page http://saluxshop.com/p/faq

Simply the best. Stays pristine in the shower. Light pressure provides cleansing and polishing. More pressure for much needed exfoliation. Balled up it makes a great long lasting shower puff. Has anyone tried cutting it into smaller face sized cloths? I was thinking of doing this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's really nice for scrubbing your back...and bottom for that matter. However, it's not really usable on any other part of your body unless you fold it into a smaller size. This is a great investment if you have a problem reaching all over your back. It's much cheaper than any brush I've seen. However, if you don't have a problem reaching you're better off investing in something smaller, like an exfoliating mitt.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

These are the best washcloths ever bar none! They feel like sandpaper but really exfoliate and smooth out your skin in the shower and they're very cheap! :D

I bought my mother some of these Salux bath towels as well.

Absolutely love these. I won't lie though it does feel like ur scrubbing ur skin with a Brillo pad, but excellent for exfoliation. I found no problems with it keeping a lather with my body wash. It's long enough so with the right maneuvering u can scrub ur shoulders, back and butt too. I thought considering it came in a pack of three I'd share them with my family and they love them too. Oh and those of you with sensitive skin, I myself have very sensitive skin and use this daily and besides looking pinkish when i get out of the shower I'm fine. Whats that old saying? "No pain no gain".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love to exfoliate - it makes me feel like a lizard who has shed it's skin and I feel shiny and new. This exfoliating cloth is excellent. It has the right amount of scrubbiness (spell check didn't pick that up so it's clearly a word) and I love how my moisturiser sinks in afterwards. A word of caution - don't scrub too hard. The first time I used it, I used a lot of force and it made my skin a bit sore. Just be gentle and the cloth is rough enough to do it's job without much pressure.

However, I have to say that I prefer exfoliating mitts to cloths. I find the cloths awkward to use and you have to fold the Salux up to make it useable. Although it's great because it's big enough to do you back, a mitt is easier. I prefer the Riffi mitt to the Salux - both exfoliate really well but the mitt wins for convenience.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I can't see myself bathing with anything else. Honestly, i don't feel "clean" when using something else to bath with.

These are the best! They ship fast too!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools