Ecotools bamboo eye shading brush

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/8/2014 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the original brush design: the one with the very flat brown bristles. They have since changed this brush to be much fluffier (picture comparison of new vs. old here: http://i.imgur.com/3KYA78X.jpg) and therefore not applicable for my uses.

I tried to use this brush as advertised (for eyeshadow) and was sorely disappointed that it was just too thin/sleek to really apply or blend any shadow. After much trial and error, however, the Eye Shader has become my holy grail brush for under-eye color correction. It's the perfect size for getting right into my dark circles and the right stiffness to pack the corrector on neatly and precisely. I use this brush daily and couldn't imagine another working nearly as well.

Pros:
* works great for thick, creamy under-eye products (like correctors)
* very precise application
* good blending ability (with patting motions)
* great price
* long-lasting (through regular washings and daily spot cleaning)

Cons:
* not effective for advertised purpose
* might not be available anymore

on 4/18/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't like this one as much as the powder and blush brushes. I find this doesn't pick up enough product and I can't blend well with it. I don't reach for it at all anymore and tend to stick to my smashbox shadow brush. Would not repurchase.

This doesn't do its job at all. The synthetic bristle can't pick up the eyeshadow from the pan. I may use it to apply liquids instead. A huge disappointment since I found their retractable kabuki to be excellent as a powder brush.

on 10/11/2012 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this e/s brush! It's soft and thick, unlike the UD brushed that came with the Naked palettes. It's the only brush I use with my eyeshadows. Really great with no shedding(at least mine).

on 9/20/2012 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very soft bristles, have not shed at all despite once-a-week washes. Does its job of blending eyeshadows onto my lids nicely. Bit pricey, but for its quality, worth it.

on 9/6/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

Don't know what else to say about this brush in particular- it's a pretty typical eyeshadow brush!

on 8/20/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great for blending out harsh lines & blending colours into each other. I use it every day since I prefer a softer look on my eyes. Another awesome brush from Eco Tools at a great price!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I Really don't like this as an eye shadow brush.It doesn't pick up much color and what it does pick up isn't put down evenly.It is just too thick to be an eye shadow brush.

on 4/22/2012 11:43:00 PM

I know it's a e/s brush, but it also works as a concealer brush
Price: ~$4 CAD
Shape: fluffy, tapered shell
Texture: soft but firm
Since it has a firmness to it, I like to use it as my concealer brush. It doesn't pick up much e/s for me. So I dab on concealer using the tapered point on acne spot and blend out the edges of the concealer only.

on 4/22/2012 9:40:00 PM

I don't use this brush for eyes, cause I feel like it's too big for that. But it's good for other uses! Like filling in my brows and contouring my nose and stuff~ Good brush! :)

Popular Makeup Brushes