October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a BEAUTIFUL highlighter, but unfortunately not great for my skintone. I'm fair, with warm undertones and this almost doesn't show up when applied to my cheekbones. I mostly use it as a brow highlight and innercorner (eye) highlighter, works great for that, but on my face it just doesn't show up! I guess this will be PERFECT on girls with tan/dark skin. The staying power isn't very well either, but it works (a couple of hours before fading). It's not too sparkly, it gives a pretty sheen. Gorgeous, but as I said, on my fair skin it just doesn't show up the way it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

It lasts for ages. Beautiful highlighter, looks gorgeous in photos, really brings out the healthy glow on my skin. Highly shimmery. Suits nicely a little bit taned skin or deeply tanned skin. Unfortunately I once dropped it and the whole powder shattered one the floor into small pieces. It's a little bit pricy, but the effect is really beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really good highlighter! This is one of those highlighters which makes your face glow and look natural without any glitter and overpowering shimmer. It looks really good applied to the top of the cheekbones and on the nosebridge. The downside to this, is that if you use too much, your skin will look dirty. It's not too pigmented, which actually is a good thing, at least I think that. ;) The colours blended together looks really pretty, but I'm currently using only the lightest shades, which looks better on my skin rather then blending them all together. I'm pale with yellow undertones, and it doesn't show up on me as much as it does on people with darker skin (maybe NC30+). I think this matched every skintone well - but it will look better on people with more tan and darker skintone.

PROS
- Looks like natural glow when lightly applied to face.
- Doesn't fade during the day, lasts on my skin for 8 hours and maybe longer.
- Doesn't have shimmer and chunks of glitter in it, just pure glow.

CONS
- Can look dirty on skin if you by accident apply too much.
- Emphasises your acne or scarring A LOT if you apply it to areas where you have a little bit troubled skin.
- Can be quite invisible on the skin when pale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had Rose Diamond for sometime now and I love it, so I knew I wanted to purchase Amber. It is equally as beautiful and adds a nice glow. It is very finely milled, and wont accentuate pores. They are the best highlighters, and IMO they are worth the more expensive price tag. Great packaging, but they are very fragile. I wouldn't throw it into a bag and go, because they may break. This is a multi-use product because..being VERY fair skinned I can use the lighter strips as a highlighter, and the darker ones as a bronzer. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by missmacaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably my favorite beauty product I've ever purchased. It is SO beautiful, such an amazing color complimentary to any skin tone, and it literally makes you glow. You can use the individual shades as eyeshadows, or mix them all together and apply anywhere you would like to highlight. The versatility, gorgeous color, and lasting power make this product totally worth the price. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a luxury beauty product that will make them look & feel amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ccorticchia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to be the makeup grinch but this product so didn't cut it for me. I wanted to like it , in fact I wanted to love it ,but alas I didn't even come close . This highlighter is very subtle and light. I don't feel it truly accentuates the face in the way a highlighter should . I'm going to go ahead and say I regret buying this product and recommend anyone who is interested in purchasing it test it out at sephora before investing .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is a holy grail product for me.. AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased several times. I usually use the AmberD in summer --- when my skin is a tinyyy bit deeper in color. I use the Pink in winter when I go back to my friendly ghost status.

I had forgotten to write any review on this.. I am getting old. That said, this does not highlight any fine lines or any oiliness for me (my skin is in it's normal mode now anyway)... but the sheen is glorious. It makes me look alive and awake and brightens the complexion.

I think this would work on most skin tones up to level 4.. but again, you must try it.

I always have a back up for both of the shades.

love

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Exmakeupartistmontreal

Love! A must buy. Use it daily as highlighter and eye shadow for a natural look brings out my eyes. Iridescent not sparkly so gives a beautiful glow. Wow. 5 stars. Worth every penny. Beautiful packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Minniebx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is amazing. So stands out !!