Korres Lip Butter - Quince

4.1

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma (Flavor), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Limonene, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 3/1/2015 12:37:00 PM

I bought this purely because of all the rave reviews it has, but I have to say I'm not overly impressed with it. It's a really nice shade which compliments my natural lip colour, but it doesn't have a great deal of staying power and I find it's really slimy when it's in the pot which makes it difficult to get just the right amount out to apply to your lips. The pot is another issue - it's made from quite a cheap feeling plastic, with an equally cheap quality lid and the opening's not that generous in size meaning I've had a couple of occasions where I've dug my finger in a little too enthusiastically and wasted quite a bit of product as a result.

It's nice enough, but for the price (8.00) I think it could have been better especially when you can get nicely tinted lip balms from The Body Shop for 3.00.

on 10/17/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Jasmine and Quince and in the lip butter pot and Glaze tube formulas. Regardless of what variation I use I find them to be a lovely hug for my lips.
The pot butter has a sort of springy texture, there's almost a bounce to it, as if you're not dipping into a lip balm but coaxing out some Flubber (though nothing as gross as green goo). And on the lips its smooth, with medium shine, no taste, a merest whisper of colour and a formula that finds every crevice and crease and stays there without being gummy or trapping stray hair.
The Glaze is pretty much the same but more sanitary and shinier. I keep the pots at home and the tubes in the office. The colour tint in them are both too light to show up on my dark lips so I use them as a colourless treatment. They're great after I've exfoliated and am ready for bed - the ingredients have never given me chin breakouts like Vaseline-type formulas do. And they perform like champs under Sephora's Cream Lip Stains which are long lasting mattes but drying.
If you're considering them, Look out for a bundled package or a sale on sites like Strawberrynet (not affiliated) where they turn out cheaper. I've bought these for friends and family, I'm yet to find someone who hasn't loved the old-Tshirt/trusty-bra comfort that these deliver.

on 7/31/2014 3:27:00 AM

I've tried a lot of lip balms because my lips are often dry even in a humid, tropical weather. This lip butter kept my lips well-moisturized with a hint of color. (it does not go on the lips as dark as it looks in the pot) My main grouse is the packaging. The tub is so inconvenient and unhygienic if you use your fingers to apply the lip butter.

Considering the price (expensive) and the inconvenient packaging, I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/12/2014 6:29:00 PM

This product is very emollient and feels silky on my lips. It smells a bit fruity and the color is not actually neon as it appears in the tub. It comes off as a soft rose pink on the lips. Although I really like this product, I do not like the ingredients list, so this will be my first and last pot of this product.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7 Lake, Iron Oxides.

on 4/28/2014 12:57:00 PM

This has lasted me for so long. I always keep it right on my work monitor so I can apply it during the day. It has a perfect faint pinky color that just gives my lips the right look. The consistency is perfect, and all you need is a small bit. It instantly hydrates my lips when dry, smells OK and it's not sticky at all. Love this stuff, I'm actually excited to finish it so I can try another color!

The one draw back, I wish they came with the option of a squeeze tube because I hate sticking my finger into the little pot.

on 7/29/2013 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just about the creamiest thing I have ever put on my lips, and I have tried a LOT of balms. I'd initially bought the Mandarin Lip Butter sticks, but read the rave reviews on this and the next time I passed by a Korres shop I bought it.

I wasn't expecting much, but the butter sank right in and moisturized my lips. It's a very pretty pink that's bright and healthy but not in-your-face loud, and shows up as a sheer sheen on my pigmented lips. It's a bit too pricey for a balm though, at SGD$21, but I got it on discount. The packaging, like the others have said, isn't the greatest, but I use a cotton bud to apply this so it doesn't get on my fingers. A great daytime lip balm, overall. For night I prefer something heavier, like Neutrogena's Lip Moisturizer.

on 7/14/2013 9:29:00 AM

This is my favorite lip product by far. I have dry lips and this makes it smooth and soft. The scent is fine but it's the tint that I adore - this pale rose pink. It's just terribly unhygienic to dab my finger on this one though.

on 6/8/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My skin tone is light medium with yellow undertones. If I'm not wearing foundation, my skin can look slightly dull and sallow. Even though my lips are quite red naturally, I love putting this lip butter on as a bit of a tint. I find that by putting this on my no-makeup face, it somehow makes me look fresher and like I've put some effort in.

The colour in the pot looks quite pink but once applied, it just makes my lips slightly pinker in colour. Since it's a lip butter, it doesn't last very long if I'm going out and eating, etc. However, if I'm not doing much and just going to uni for a few hours, I apply it in the morning and some colour still remains on my lips when I come home. The smell is also a bit sweet and tart, if that makes sense! I actually really like the smell.

The packaging, though I think it looks nice and clean, isn't very practical. The pot means I have to use my fingers to apply this which I'm not too keen on especially when I'm out and about. So usually I just don't reapply during the day. It makes my lips feel nice and smooth so the texture gets a thumbs up, it's not greasy or sticky.

I got it a while ago so I can't remember how much I paid for it but it now costs $18.95 AUD. There are probably cheaper lip butters/tints out there but I really do like this product. Though I wouldn't be in a rush to repurchase it after I finish, I'd definitely consider it : ).

on 5/21/2013 2:45:00 PM

I really like the color and smell of the Korres quince lip butter. I'm pretty fair and the color is just right on me - very natural and not too bright. The formula is really creamy and hydrating and goes well over drying lipsticks. However, I don't exactly love the packaging - the whole dipping my finger in repeatedly thing kinda skeeves me out. I'd rebuy this for sure, but I'd be even happier with different, more sanitary packaging.

on 4/30/2013 2:36:00 AM

This balm is good for:
1) Lipsticks that do not moisturize lips enough
2) For chapped lips during cold months
In both cases I always apply the balm with a lip brush, never ever with my fingers. It works VERY quickly; no matter how dry my lips are, they become very well moisturized and soft just in a minute.
As for the consistency, it corresponds to its name- butter, truly feels like butter on the lips but with a delicious fragrance and a subtle pink tint that looks very much like the natural color of the lips. It gives shiny, healthy lips finish. It stays on the lips for few hours or until you drink or eat something.
As for the ingredients, most of them are just chemicals. However, it contains tocopherol (vitamin E-antioxidant) that is good. Also, there are some natural ingredients like sunflower oil, rice wax and shea butter extract, but they are almost in the end of the list. So the conclusion is- the balm is very good for immediate but temporary results. If you need to HEAL chapped lips this balm wont help you, for this purpose I personally use either Vaseline or Dr.Hauschka lip care stick, they dont work as quickly as korres lip butter but they do heal in the long run and not just cover the problem. However, I still like Korres lip butter because sometimes I need the results there and then, and this product works perfectly well for this purpose.

Popular Lip Treatments