Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I heard this is a popular Japanese brand of mascara along with Majolica Majorca. I have the Volume and Curl in Super Waterproof (Black tube with metallic pink). The wand is a tapered brush and I can see it lengthens my lashes, but it doesn't give my lashes much volume. I can see this good layering mascara as it doesn't clump like some mascaras or a mascara for minimalist makeup days. The good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't leave your lashes hard or sticky. Instead my eyelashes feel fairly soft with this product. The deal breaker about this mascara is how awesome it is at holding a curl. My lashes stayed curled all day, but there was slight smudging on my lower lashes when I applied mascara on them after 6 hours of work. I don't find this too difficult to remove with Maybelline Clean Express waterproof eye makeup remover on 2 cotton pads or with cleansing oil. I give it 4 lippies as I really like this mascara for its effectiveness and price point compared to high-end mascaras.

I've heard from a lot of other Asians that this mascara is their holy grail product. When this product is used by itself, it's rather disappointing. Doesn't give any volume and the color is not dark enough, it's a very natural look. However, when used on top of another mascara (I used my HG Maybelline Rocket) it's fantastic. It's a great alternative for my Unique Fiber 3D Mascara, which is also pretty expensive ($30). Considering I purchased it for $4 off eBay, I'd definitely repurchase again as a top coat.

I have both the lengthening and volumizing versions..but i gotta say that i'm not very impressed with them. For the volumizing one, i can hardly see any volume added on my lashes...i can literally sit there and apply 10 layers and there will be not much difference. For the other version, yah it lengthens a bit but nothing incredible...and they both do not hold curls that well. Just didn't understand all the good reviews.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Best mascara ever.

Holds my curl beautifully and makes my sparse lashes actually visible. It's so good my mum thought I was wearing falsies. The curved brush makes it easy to apply the mascara although I still do get some on my eyelids (as you do). Make sure to grab a cotton bud quick and remove the mascara smudge or you will have a bad time trying to get it off once it dries properly.
I can wear this for an entire day and smudging is minimal, mostly just a very faint grey hint on my outer lower lids.
I can only get this in Asian countries and online though which makes getting hold of it a bit of a pain. It's also difficult to remove so I recommend buying it in a twin pack including the mascara remover.

Ha! The best mascara i've ever used. Tried a lot of mascaras and brands but won't purchase any other ever again after i found this. Love! Try it yourself.

This is literally the best mascara anyone can have. My absolute HG product for at least two years. I've tried the pink (older) version prior to the black one and it was great. When they reformulated the product and came out with the black version... IT LITERALLY MADE MY JAW DROP. The holding power is fantastic. My friends even asked me if I had falsies on. I was like... no, it is all thanks to this wonder mascara. I don't wear falsies simply because I hate the feel of it, which makes this a better natural alternative. I know some people find that it is really difficult to wash off but in Asia, we usually use oil-based eye make up removers which removes it perfectly. This is definitely one of those products that can achieve better results than those high-end cosmetic labels. Would repurchase it every single time without hesitation. ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i'm pretty sure this is for the "long and curl" kiss me mascara (mine is in a pink tube with a black cap) as i can't find that exact name on mua! hopefully it's the correct product.

but at any rate i found this mascara in my box when i was packing to go back to school and i'm amazed that i stopped using it! they aren't kidding when they say "curl," this is the only mascara i've tried (and i've tried a good amount of drugstore mascaras) that keeps my short lashes perfectly curled throughout the day, even with my hooded monolids. it also gives my tiny lashes good length and volume without clumping or becoming stiff.

the only thing (and the reason i suspect i stopped using it) is that it is a PAIN to remove. i use neutrogena's oil-free waterproof makeup remover and i have to really put in a lot of effort to get it all off. but honestly it's worth it to me now. i would give 4.5 lipsticks if i could, but i knocked one off because this might be a dealbreaker for some.

This is my HG when it comes to mascaras (together with Maybelline's "Volume Express") as it:
1. Gets my lashes long.
2. Gets them a little curled...
3. And if applied over curled lashes, VOLUME BABY!
4. Doesn't clump or flake too badly.
5. Never smudges or falls off.
6. Is easily bought at my local Japanese drugstore for about 1000 yen. (Eating out at McDonalds is like 700 yen so.)

However, as others mention, it can be a pain in the lower parts of the body to get off your eyelashes. For this, I have the solution! You've got vaseline at home? Smear it onto the dry lashes after your regular makeup removal (that doesn't take it all away) and let it sit for a short time. Then wipe it off with some paper and you've get 'em lashes free again!
If necessary, repeat. But I am usually fine with just once, and tbh? For the price and the effect, I don't even mind.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I rarely wear mascara. I apply it maybe once a year, it smears all over my hooded eyelids after an hour and then I end up trying to blot the mess into something normal looking at whatever function I was desperately trying to be pretty for. It's one of those products that other people love, that I wish I could use.
I can use this one. I can't get it off once it's on, but .wow. What a difference mascara makes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After trying so many mascaras over the years, this has been one that I have repurchased again and again. It is great at creating long lashes, especially layered over a volumizing mascara. The tube lasts a long time and the content doesn't dry out fast like some of the mascaras out there.

Popular Mascaras