Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/31/2015 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best eye primer for anyone with slightly oily lids. Had to switch from Urban Decay because that one stopped working but this one is definitely a never fail primer...it's easier to blend my eyeshadows, and also makes them last all day. I recommend making sure that the whole eye area is moisturized too. Once, I forgot to moisturize when my lids were having a dry day...yeah. Made the whole area look super dry and kind of crepey. It's a great look...if you want to look older. So as long as the eyelids aren't dried out like the Sahara desert, this is an HG product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great stuff! Really does make shadow last longer with no creasing, allows shadows to blend easily (unlike some other primers), and the packaging allows you to get every last bit out of the tube. BONUS: it also brightens the eye area. I often use this on it's own without shadow if I'm in a rush to even out any redness on my lids. I'm on my 3rd or 4th tube. Each tube lasts a long time, also. I don't run out quickly, and I use it everyday.

on 7/28/2015 7:49:00 AM

this is the best eye shadow primer ever !!!
it took me awhile to buy it and i was in a dilemma between urban decay and shadow insurance. apparently they were the same but i decided to try shadow insurance first instead due to price differences.
this product did exactly what it claimed to do.
my eyeshadow shades were much more luminous looking and long lasting as well.
it only creased slightly after like the whole day which is still amazing. i know for a fact it only creased because my eyelids are naturally super duper oily !! so for someone who has normal eyelids it will stay the whole day no doubt.
simple fun packaging.
pricey but worth your money :)
will defs repurchase.

on 7/24/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, its long lasting, light, and breathable. It's worth the money and does it's job at keeping your eye shadow perfect. I 100% recommend this product to everyone. It's awesome, and worth buying.

on 7/18/2015 11:46:00 AM

this is a great primer, no doubt about it the hype is real. the reason why i gave an overall rating of 3 is because i find that the product separates and i get the oily part comes out before the actual primer does. i tried shaking the product and rolling it and squeezing it prior to use but it still has that issue. after two tubes i moved onto urban decay and nars, elf and nyx which do not have an oily separation. thus for the price you pay 3 stars only.

when I applied it for rthe first time it came on nicely but it was a little hard to apply eyeshadow blending it in got harder but overall after working it i managed to do my make up the way i wanted it. the eye primer at the end of the day prevented my eye make up from creasing but my make up did not look the best but ok.

on 7/18/2015 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I always have this on hand! It goes on smooth and really keeps your shadow lasting!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start off by saying I got this as a deluxe sample with "The Return of Sexy" palette, so I didn't pay for it. And normally I love Too Faced products (their palettes and eyeliner are AMAZING) but this didn't work for me. I don't know if I got a bum tube or something but it creased almost instantly. It made my shadows a bit brighter but made any blues or purples appear pastel, which was not the look I was going for. I'm also not a fan of cream eye bases, stick formulas (like ELF and Buxom) are easier to use in my opinion, and then I don't feel like I might be wasting product.

I would never pay full price for this, there are much better and cheaper options.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeshadow primer does what it claims... it makes eyeshadow last on my normal eyelids all day without fading or creasing. The price is high but the tube will last you forever since you really only need the tiniest amount. However, as excellent as it is, I still wouldn't repurchase because there are cheaper eyeshadow primers that preform just as well.

on 7/3/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After using this for awhile and then switching between Lorac's eye primer and Urban Decay's eye primer (forgot the name?), I've concluded that Shadow Insurance definitely delivers a crease-free look and my shadows stay put, even after I finish teaching a very sweaty Zumba workout! The only drawback is when you don't use it for a few days, the oil spurts out at first and it's such a waste. It doesn't help much if you shake it either...but I've been using small trial sizes that were included in a couple of eyeshadow palettes, and they've lasted for a long while - like 6+ months! I definitely recommend this!