January 25, 2015 | 1900 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rbkh

Too Faced can be hit or miss for me- this one is a miss. For some reason, my eyelids itch with this one and staying power is average at best. UD, MAC, and even ELF are better. Fine to use if it is included with another product but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Racalber

I love this product! My other favourite eyeshadow primer is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I rotate between the two, however, the Too Faced was the first I had originally tried, so I have a special place in my heart for it :-) Onto a brief review of it... It is a colourless cream that that you only need the tiniest amount of to cover the surface of your entire eye. I only use it on my eyelid, but I have seen people use it under the eye, along the lash line. The texture has some slip to it which makes it easy to evenly spread it across the eyelid. I give it a minute to fully absorb, and then I proceed with eyeshadow over top of it. Now I wear almost eyeshadow every day, so I have pretty high standards in terms of the longevity of a product and this definitely does not disappoint. Reasons I love Shadow Insurance: it creates a smooth and even canvas to facilitate eye makeup application, prolongs the wear of eye makeup (lasts all day) prevents creasing (never happens when I have this on) and lastly, intensifies the colours you apply over top of it! I once ran out of Shadow Insurance, and carried on with my makeup sans eye primer and that was a very sad day indeed. My eye makeup did not stand a chance without it. Needless to say, I would recommend this product to anyone who wants their eye makeup to last all day and look gorgeous (everyone). I have and will continue to repurchase this when it runs out. Available at Sephora for approximately $20 CDN (can't remember exact price).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Emrn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first Too faced product and I have to say I'm disappointed. I ordered it from Asos and I was really excited to try it out since this was my first eyelid primer that wasn't from a drugstore brand. When i open the package from asos the first thing I see is the little cute blue box and I really liked it. It's adorable! The packaging is unfortunately the only thing I liked about this product. The texture felt of grainy and uneven, it was hard to apply because of this. My eyeshadow didn't last all day and the primer didn't accentuate the eyeshadow.

I prefer Urban Decays eyeshadow primer, this one wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Elitsabeth

I could do with or without this product:
I didn't notice my makeup lasting any longer than usual. Though, the packaging is cute -- sort of Princess vibe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Itabliss

I've used this for years. I really like it. My eyeshadow never creases and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Nancyyyhoadley

The actual formula is awesome! My eyeshadow stays on much longer and is gorgeously vibrant. I am not a huge fan of the packaging and wish that there was an attached applicator, especially since it is quite expensive. Keep your eye out though; sephora often has this as a points perk!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This one is simply overhyped.
My main problem with this one is: why is there a gross liquidy thing that comes out every time I use it? I have to spend time to wipe of the spills and I don't know if its worth it. there are better eye primers out there with less hustle.
I bought this at Mecca Maxima for $27 AUD more than a year ago & I haven't used it that much.
Now that I have dry skin & very dry flaking eyelids, I obviously don't need this anymore.
But at the time that I have been using this when I needed it, besides the leaking substance, this does keep your eyeshadow on for a much longer time compared to not wearing any base at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ellejaleo

My HG primer. My shadows go on so vibrant, and don't crease or budge all day. I've been using this for about five years and repurchase every time I finish a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer does a good job keeping my eyeshadow from creasing, but after the 12-14 hour mark, I do start to see some creasing occasionally. The most bothersome thing for me, though, is that this product separates and sometimes when I squeeze it out, this weird water/oily substance comes out. I just don't think a $20 primer should do that. My Milani primer does the same thing, but it's a much more reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rate this eye primer 3.5 stars because it does a decent job of keeping eyeshadows on my lids from creasing or fading for most of the day. After the 12 hour mark, I can see a bit of creasing and fading.

I'm deducting lipsticks for the price tag as I think it's rather pricey for the amount of product and it can't compete with the Etude Proof 10 eye primer or WnW's Fergie eye primer. Those primers make my shadows last for more than 12 hours and my eye makeup looks almost as fresh as when I applied it in the morning.
Plus they're much less expensive than the TF Shadow Insurance.

I wouldn't recommend this primer unless you love all things Too Faced and don't mind the price tag.