L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

on 2/15/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

the colors are beautiful and the packaging/applicator is great, but the formula is so awful. this gloss feels so thick, gooey, and sticky on your lips. it looks amazing but it feels so nasty.

on 2/9/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The formula of this is kind of thick and tacky and honestly a little drying after a few hours of wearing it. The reason I rated this so highly is because of the color. I have this in a limited edition nude color that they discontinued (bastards!) and it is the most beautiful color on me. I gave this such a high rating because this has so many beautiful colors in the line overall though. If you're looking for a spectacular formula, this is not really for you. But if you're looking for beautiful colors and don't mind a so-so formula go for it.

on 7/29/2014 6:03:00 PM

Good color and staying power. However, it dries out my lips a bit so I can not use it all the time.

on 7/4/2014 12:11:00 AM

Absolute crap. I'm a fan of the "Infallible" eye shadows (which really do last IMO) but this lip gloss (I bought 125-Bloom) was a disappointment. It didn't last 8 minutes let alone the 8 hours it claims. Not only did it wear off really fast but it became sticky feeling and balled up. Yuck. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt so I'll likely give it to my six year old as the shade is light enough for her but all in all, a waste of money. The only plus is that I thought the shade was nice but you need to apply a few coats to actually see the color..yet even after applying so much it still wears off and leaves lips sticky and gritty feeling from it balling up. Boo!!

on 3/20/2014 7:37:00 AM

Infallible 8hr Le gloss. I bought 125 BLOOM at Ulta for $9.99.

The end of the wand is weird -- sort of a bent foam leaf. It took 4 swipes for any noticeable color to appear on my lips. Then a few more to make them look a little glossy. Within minutes it was balling up on the edges and feeling gritty.

Going back to Ulta

on 10/14/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hm perhaps one of the best glosses ever! Went to sleep with this one- when i woke up it was still perched on prettily as ever (no smearing or fading). Somehow makes lipsticks look better and perfect on its own- almost a similar finish to the clinique buttershines, but less greasy, looks juicy/healthy as opposed to tacky. I don't like the look of a plastic film on the lips, so if you're into that this won't be for you. Also: one well applied layer tends to look better than gloopy several layers- if you want that much depth of pigment I suggest you opt for a creamy lipstick instead.

on 8/19/2013 1:12:00 PM

I have this product in 3 different shades and I really adore the colors. Im in love with the shape of the applicator as it looks like a tear drop on the end perfect for application to the lips. The texture can be a bit sticky and bulk in the corners of the mouth so you have to limit the amount of product you apply. This claims to be an 8 hour wear but doesn't last any longer than a regular lipgloss would. It does not stain your lips and just doesn't last 8 hours that's for sure, maybe an hour at most which is average. Overall, its a very decent lipgloss and it comes in a lot of fun shades. I would purchase them again.

on 3/30/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why I have never reviewed these, since I own like....10 or more of them. These are really excellent lipglosses. They have the best staying power combined with the nicest consistency you can find. Look, they are called infallible for a reason-they are meant to stay on. For the people complaining that they are too sticky....they are really not! They are stickier than lipbalms, sure. But, don't be afraid to try these because you are reading that they are sticky....it's not like your lips get glued together. Honestly, they feel quite smooth to me, and they stay on your lips for HOURS, very impressive. Not only does the color stay, but the sheen and moisture lasts, as well. Plus, most of them have a large, metallic cap which doubles as a mirror if you need help putting them on! The felt brushes are also very soft and there are a large variety of colors + plumping varieties. Just try them, they are awesome.

on 2/24/2013 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard lots of good reviews about this lipgloss, so the other day I finally picked one up in the shade 'Bloom'. It's a soft shimmery bubblegum pink, not too cool but not too warm. I think it would be flattering on pretty much anyone.
When I opened the tube, I noticed that the brush was really funny-looking. It's all heart-shaped with a little hole in the middle, and it's slanted. I find that it helps for smooth, quick, easy and even application, depositing just the right amount of gloss. The packaging is very nice, all sleek and slim, kind of hourglass-shaped with silver lettering.
I applied this at around 4:00 P.M. An hour later, most glosses would be partially, if not fully, faded. But nope! It looked exactly the same as before. I had dinner a while later, talking and drinking and eating, and the gloss was still perfectly fine. Just a tiny bit less glossy, but barely enough to be noticeable. I then went off to the movies, and all through the two-hour movie, it lasted. It was almost all faded by 7:30, a full 4 and a half hours after application. Um, wow. I've tried a lot of glosses, and none of them have lasted past the three-hour mark. This one takes me to 4 hours at least.
This lipgloss is a little sticky, but not so much that it bothers me. It's probably just to help with the lasting power.
Overall, definitely a keeper. I might try other shades, but Bloom is a perfect sheer wash of colour. Will most definitely repurchase!

on 2/12/2013 8:20:00 PM

Unfortunately, while loving the color (#320 Red Fatale), this is not working for me. As careful as I was in applying it and repeatedly so, it kept staining my front teeth so I looked like a vampire. ;-( Note i do not have veneers or any strange coatings on my teeth; I've also had orthodontia so my teeth are straight..no other "foundational product" on my lips either, so those aren't part of the equation.) At least for me, NOT infallible.

Recommended for Medium Skin