November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Aacuna424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product on my face as a part of my nightly skin care routine, I literally just wash my face and put this on and head to bed. Honestly idk why people keep saying that it only takes 1-2 drops to cover your face because it definitely isn't enough for me! I need more like 7-8 drops! The oil sitting on my face is kind of hard to get used to when trying to go to bed (the 7-8 drops does saturate my face so maybe the other reviewers only apply a very slim layer idk) but when I wake up OMG! My skin is as soft and smooth as a babies bottom :) lol it really has helped balanced my skin town and lighten a few of my acne scars. It was also one of the few products that my skin didn't have a begining reaction to. SIDENOTE: I understand that there are a lot of reviews that state they can get pure argan oil for much cheaper through other companies and I just want to let everyone know that josie maran cosmetics only practices business with fair trade, co-ops of Morocan women. Pricier yes but you're paying a few extra dollars but towards a greater good. Like when you buy a pair of toms- sure you can spend a bit less at Payless for the same thing... But
there's someone about know that you're putting a pair of shoes on someone somewhere who otherwise had none.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

Sucks....I was looking for an oil to use at night..well just to use in general. I bought this from sephora for $16. It didn't do anything I didn't feel a difference or see a difference in my skin. If anything I felt like this made my skin even more thirsty. I have oily skin to begin with but I was told if you use an oil it will trick your body. Anyways I took it back to sephora, didn't heal my blemishes from my time of the month. Totally not worth it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I'm a little bit torn about this product. I really love the way it makes my skin feel and look, but it is so expensive! I will probably buy a cheaper brand next time. I use this on my face, neck, elbows, and feet (put socks on afterwards, wear overnight, and your feet will be so soft!). It's a great product and certainly works, I am just not sure if it is worth the cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by gutsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is only good for the nail and hair. Not good for my under eye because it gives an itchy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil for years. I do like the fact that this is an ancient all natural good for your skin product. However, I feel like it doesn't necessarily absorb like many claim. I find it sits on my skin. I don't use a lot either. I use 2 drops if even that much. Because of this I only use it on my freshly cleansed face at night. For fear that my skin will not be fully absorb the product or moisturize and my makeup will slip and slide. Something else about this product. I have acne prone skin and this baby does not clog my pores! Which is a great thing for it being an oil right?! I will continue to buy this product because I do like the health benefits associated with it. I'll just only use it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I got a sample of this from Sephora a long time ago. I never bothered to try it for my skin since I have combination skin and was hesitant to put straight oil in it. I was running out of my night cream so I thought I would give it a try. I've been using it for the past week and I am pleasantly surprised! I could see why some people don't like it as it can feel uncomfortable since it doesn't set right away, however, in the morning my skin looks so clear and even. I have used clairins, korres and origins (which I would still purchase), however, the packaging and all in one use makes me think I would purchase this once I run out of my sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried several face oils and I have the best luck with this product. It doesn't clog my pores... others do. It keeps my skin moisturized and glowing. It has helped with evening out my skintone. It's one of those products that might not give the most amazing results right now as I'm 31. But I'm hoping with constant use that in a decade I will be glade I use it. I use it over my Lacura night cream that has retinol. The combo has done wonders for my skin. I have seen some other brands cheaper after some research so I do think I will try another brand. This price is ridiculous.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. JM's argan oil didn't moisturize my skin well enough -- I was not impressed at all. I didn't notice any difference while using this oil. In my opinion, this product is overrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love argan oil. I am not currently using the Josie Maran brand due to the cost although I have in the past, right now I use a gigantic bottle from Whole Foods. Whichever you choose just make sure it is pure. The high quality stuff should come in a dark colored glass bottle because oils like this are sensitive to light.

This is so perfect for my skin. I really notice a difference when I moisturize with an oil as opposed to a moisturizer. My skin feels fresher and brighter and smoother and it doesn't get gross and greasy halfway through the day. I actually find it very balancing.A little goes a looong way, you want to apply it to a damp face or wet your hands first because you only need like three drops for your entire face. If you use more it will still absorb because it's so light and great, but it's just too much and you don't want to waste it or risk clogging your pores. Same goes for your hair, use a tiny amount on damp hair, I find that if I use the oil by itself on dry hair I use way too much and it looks greasy.

My skin is very blackhead prone but I haven't noticed a problem with argan oil. Previously I used rosehip seed oil but stopped because it was breaking me out, but I think argan is supposed to be less comedogenic - I think it's actually ranked as one of the least comedogenic oils used for skincare, but don't quote me on that.

I don't notice a smell, and the product is almost completely clear - maybe slightly almond colored? The dropper is great, I think anything else would be quite messy since it is an oil and you only need such a small amount. It's much more precise this way. Just don't touch the dropper to your hand or face or anything if you're worried about it being unhygienic.

Basically, I love it and I really hope it continues to work for my skin. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I don't know who Josie Maran is, but I love her 100% Pure Argan Oil. I know it's organic, has no fragrance, & for all skin types, but I don't use this on my skin because I have oily skin. Actually, you can dress your salads & even put this on baby's butts… I just use it in my hair—particularly when I'm straightening it. It makes my hair shiny, but not obnoxiously so & it moisturizes all my hair without leaving it greasy looking or feeling.

I read that some people don't, but I actually like that it's packaged with a dropper as opposed to a squeeze bottle or a pump. I like being able to see exactly how much I'm using & being precise about how much product I use. This is my favorite argon oil & if you have 3 or 4 (a, b, or c), I recommend using this as a hair treatment.

I have the 0.5 oz – Mini jar, which is $16 at Sephora; there are also 1.7 oz for $48 & 4 oz – Jumbo for $96 (a $115 value).