January 31, 2015 | 938 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 2:10:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

I originally bought this to use for my body and hair but ended up using it as a facial moisturizer with surprisingly awesome results. As a moisturizer for my body, it did absolutely nothing for my cuticles, dry hands, and legs. When I put a few drops in my hair after a shower, it made it terribly greasy by the end of the day even though my hair is slightly dry to begin with.

That said, I used this to moisturize my face after I ran out of lotion and I couldn't believe how well it nourished my skin. I have never used an oil to moisturize my face because I get breakouts (only along my jaw) so I thought it would only make it worse but it's actually improved my skin. I have dryness and itching along my jawline and some dryness on my nose, but no breakouts on the rest of my face. This product calmed the dryness and itching, and has not caused any new breakouts. It also made my skin look smooth and poreless--I couldn't believe it! I have sensitive skin and only use fragrance-free products. I use 2-3 drops max for my whole face because an extra few drops can make it feel unbearably greasy. This product should be used sparingly on the face and make sure to really rub it in for optimal absorption. TIP: Make sure to wait until your face is totally dry before applying. Any dampness on the skin will prevent the oil from getting fully absorbed in the face.

Overall, a 1/5 as a hair and body moisturizer but a 5/5 as a facial moisturizer!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:48:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was okay.

I was excited to purchase a moisturizer that had such few ingredients in it, and no fragrance. It did moisturize, and a few drops goes a long way. I use it for my face. I like it best at bed time because it takes a while to absorb. I found it a little too oily for my hair.

I gave it 3 lippies because I think it causes me to break out a little bit. I will probably be using the rest of the bottle as a moisturizer for my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dlfoor

Let me start by saying I have extremely oily skin. I have been using this product for about a year now. I apply 5-6 drops as a moisturizer both day and night. Since using this I have noticed a decrease in my natural oil production and my skin looks and feels amazing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2015 12:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyrookie1274

I bought the small bottle in my forever hunt for my hg moisturizer, especially since I love oils. My skin has gone from dry to oily, and it sucks for both. On dry skin, it sits on top like a layer and makes my face feel like pavement. on oily skin, it sort if absorbs, but give me volcano pimples. the bottle isn't even pretty and I spilled it, and the price is crazy. don't buy into sephoras hype over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like this oil more as an overnight treatment than an oil for daytime wear. It is a bit thicker than some other oils and therefore is a bit too heavy for use under makeup (except for extremely dry skin). I have since find argan oil from other companies much cheaper and for this reason will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my face. I have very very dry skin in the cold months and it didn't hydrate it. Gave me pimples.
Too oily for my hair. Didn't see any difference in my hair or when I tried it on my scalp as I have dry and irritated scalp. Didn't work for fly away either. Even applied in small quantities on my dry or wet hair, it still had a greasy feeling and look.
For my body- it just sits on my skin and doesn't sink in.
This oil is a miss for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Circumambient

I absolutely love this oil!!! I have combination/dry/sensitive skin. Right now it's dry because of the cold season. I use this every night after I cleanse my skin with Philosophy's Purity & Clarisonic Mia 2. My skin drinks this stuff up. But I will warn you - don't put your make up on over this. I use this strictly at night because it is very oily (but not pore clogging) and your make up will slide right off. Josie Maran makes a light version of Argan Oil that can be used during the day when applied a thin layer. This can be used by ANYONE ~ whether you are breakout prone, dry, combination, oily, or sensitive. Oil combats oil so if you have oily skin do not be afraid of this product! It will help! I'm very breakout prone and my skin is super sensitive to products, so finding a good moisturizer (especially during the winter) is really hard for me. But this stuff is amazing. My mom got a bottle and she loves it. It's wonderful for mature skin as well. Oh - and it's great for your hair too. This is an excellent brand but if you'd like to take a more affordable route, just be sure you get a tinted bottle because it is sensitive to light and the healing properties weaken in the light. Looooooove this stuff <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Aacuna424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product on my face as a part of my nightly skin care routine, I literally just wash my face and put this on and head to bed. Honestly idk why people keep saying that it only takes 1-2 drops to cover your face because it definitely isn't enough for me! I need more like 7-8 drops! The oil sitting on my face is kind of hard to get used to when trying to go to bed (the 7-8 drops does saturate my face so maybe the other reviewers only apply a very slim layer idk) but when I wake up OMG! My skin is as soft and smooth as a babies bottom :) lol it really has helped balanced my skin town and lighten a few of my acne scars. It was also one of the few products that my skin didn't have a begining reaction to. SIDENOTE: I understand that there are a lot of reviews that state they can get pure argan oil for much cheaper through other companies and I just want to let everyone know that josie maran cosmetics only practices business with fair trade, co-ops of Morocan women. Pricier yes but you're paying a few extra dollars but towards a greater good. Like when you buy a pair of toms- sure you can spend a bit less at Payless for the same thing... But
there's someone about know that you're putting a pair of shoes on someone somewhere who otherwise had none.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

Sucks....I was looking for an oil to use at night..well just to use in general. I bought this from sephora for $16. It didn't do anything I didn't feel a difference or see a difference in my skin. If anything I felt like this made my skin even more thirsty. I have oily skin to begin with but I was told if you use an oil it will trick your body. Anyways I took it back to sephora, didn't heal my blemishes from my time of the month. Totally not worth it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

I'm a little bit torn about this product. I really love the way it makes my skin feel and look, but it is so expensive! I will probably buy a cheaper brand next time. I use this on my face, neck, elbows, and feet (put socks on afterwards, wear overnight, and your feet will be so soft!). It's a great product and certainly works, I am just not sure if it is worth the cost.