September 2, 2014 | 989 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yoghurts masks are AMAZING!!!!

I have congested, stressed skin that is prone to breakouts. The yoghurt masks leave my skin calmer, softer and glowy. I found an organic yoghurt with honey with minimal ingredients (without sugar) and in a squeezy pack (the kind you give to kids for convenience). It costs around $2AUD and it keeps really well. One pack can last me about 4-6 weeks with frequent use. It doesn't spoil because I think the packaging helps to keep it fresh.

My favourite way to it is to wash my face with Moogoo Milk Wash and Clarisonic Mia Cashmere head then lather my skin in the yoghurt. Then I add 1-2 more layers when the initial one starts to dry. I get a better result this way as compared to a single layer. I try to leave it on for about 20 minutes like in a bath or I use a facial sheet so it doesn't drip everywhere.

If I am stressed and end up squeezing my zits and it bleeds, I use the yoghurt as a spot treatment and it takes the redness out of it straight away. I think the probiotics and honey are antibacterial too. The lactic acid in the yoghurt has a gentle exfoliating effect.

This is hands-down the best thing to do topically for your skin. It's gentle, natural and effective. Win, win, WIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Over the past few years I've been trying a lot of home remedies and natural beauty techniques. Some are great, others not so much.
This plain yogurt is definitely a keeper!
I apply plain Greek yogurt (2%) all over my face in a medium thick layer. I let it sit for 20-60 min (until it dries completely) and then rinse with lukewarm water, followed by my Vichy normaderm purifying cleanser and Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar toner. I can immediately see results! My skin looks more radiant and glowy, my cheeks look rosy and healthy (no need for blush!) and the moisture returns to my face. My face is incredibly amazing after a yogurt masque, which I do twice a week now.
I think the lactic acid properties (an alpha hydroxy acid) in the yogurt help exfoliate dead skin cells on the top layer of skin and this is what gives the skin a hydrated, even and healthy skin tone after each yogurt masque.
I also have seen a decrease in pimples, cystic acne and my pores look smaller.

Definitely give this a try if you haven't already! You never know if it will be your miracle product, and it's so cheap! If it doesn't work for your skin just eat it ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this last week not really expecting much, but it worked really well. My skin loves lactic acid and never realized I could use yogurt this way. I did leave it on for too long and skin was pink afterwards. So if you are sensitive, be aware of that. I cannot remember the brand name of yogurt. Anyway, skin calmed down and put on a light, no-frills SPF moisturizer on this new skin. Makeup went on beautifully. I needed a peel and going to do this on my chest too..maybe the whole body. It's cheap enough to buy a tub and do this. I also do the Queen Helene Mint Mask....love that for the sulfur for breakouts. Yogurt will become my new go-to peel. Goodbye drugstore peels.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by BeverlyFrost

IT IS AMAZING.

I had 2 really bad pimples on my cheek for a whole week and it refused to go away. I tried to pop it several times, but end up having more gunk swelling in it, and it looked really red and BAD. Ideally, i wanted to invest on LUSH, Mask of Magnaminty, because of all the raving reviews. But I was lazy to go down town so went to try my luck on Yogurt (Swiss Premium Greek Yogurt Natural) which i can simply buy at my neighborhood's super market.

The first night, I mixed it with 5 drops of lemon and put it on my face and left it there for 30min. After washing off, my face felt a bit tight, maybe because of the lemon. I didn't see any difference or anything. However, on the 2nd night, i used just plain yogurt. I didn't pay much attention to my face until the following day, and realize, both my pimples were magically, GONE! No scarring, no nothing! My friends even told me my face looked fairer even after just 2 use! (I'm extremely tanned).

I'm definitely gonna use this over and over again. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by areeminouche

Be cautious before trying out!

It has been effective (smoother, whiter) on my skin for like 2 minutes, then red spot breakout! I immediately washed it off to avoid a major breakout but still in concern.

When you go through the reviews, it looks like for 70%-80% of the cases or people, but if you are sensitive kind then... You belong to the unlucky 20% prone to red spot breakout not yogurt acceptable or just too rich for your skin. Consider twice before applying though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love yogurt masks! It's perfect for my oily skin in the summer. As with all natural remedys, you will want to keep using it to see the full effects. My spots have calmed and it gets more even over time if you keep using it. Good stuff! You can add more natural ingredients if you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by monka191

I love natural remedies. Yoghurt is not only soothing on skin, but also really nice moisturiser even for oily skin like mine. The only advice of mine is use good quality of yoghurt, preferably greek full fat to get great results. I always mix yoghurt with either honey, lemon, tulsi powder and neem powder to get great results immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mandyaeqtx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love! I use a tablespoon of Greek Gods Traditional Greek Yogurt, a teaspoon of honey, and half a teaspoon of lemon. I mix it all and then I use a synthetic brush to apply an even layer over my entire face except of course my eye area. I wait for it to dry or about 30 minutes. It feels so refreshing and cool when I first apply it. My face is so soft afterwards and my moisturizer goes on smoother. My redness is calmer as well. Definitely reccommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

At first the mask will go on cold, smooth and leave your face glistening and glossy, after 15-30 minute it will mattify. You can add on just more honey or proceed to rinse off. Removing excess mask residue with just lukewarm water and cotton ball or pad will give your skin a bit of a mild exfoliation action. Rinse of with water, do not soap off. Finish off with Avene thermale spring water spray, lightly slap massage your face for 10 minutes
I am feeling my skin as i type thinking, is it even okay for my skin to be this baby soft!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Plain, whole-fat yogurt is easily my favorite natural/homemade beauty item! I really enjoy the cool sensation when first applying to the face, and I don't mind the milk smell as it dries. You only need a little bit (a scant tablespoon) to cover the entire face. A thin layer is all you need, and it won't flake or crust into a nasty mess that falls off your face, even if you talk or laugh. I find that this really soothes my skin, conditions it, and brightens it gently with its lactic acid properties. I like using this with oats and honey, but my favorite thing to do is slap this on when I wake up in the morning it's so refreshing and it makes a great, gentle, milky face wash that's easy to rinse off with no residue. I love that it's inexpensive and economical. Definitely a great addition to a gentle skincare approach.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No