China Glaze Golden Enchantment

4.3

on 10/5/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This glitter top coat is incredibly subtle and very sheer, but adds a gorgeous golden prismatic glitter dust to any manicure. Unfortunately, the base, which can be considered clear for most purposes, is also slightly golden. I say "unfortunately" because I really can't wear yellows due to my pale, cool-tone complexion, and if I wear this polish over a nude base or clear basecoat, it makes my fingers look somewhat jaundiced due to the yellowish cast. Happily, though, it's nowhere near as noticeable worn over coloured polish.

This polish does have a kind of weird formula on the base. It's thick and kind of reminds me of runny rubber cement. I don't have trouble working with it, and it makes it easy to spread the glitter around the nail. Presumably, the thick base is to suspend the fine glitter.

I haven't had a lot of trouble with this thickening up, though I've heard people sometimes do. Frankly, I get that with a lot of polishes, so I keep polish thinner on hand, and put in a couple of drops the minute it starts to get gloggy. No problem. (Note: Do not use acetone or polish remover to thin polish. It may work in the very short term, but it will destroy the polish. Get actual polish thinner!)

I have no problem removing this. Lots of glitter polishes and glitter top coats are horribly difficult to remove (and can damage the surface of your nails if you're not careful!), but this is perfectly fine, no worries at all.

As noted, this is a little too yellowy for me to wear on its own or over a neutral base, but it works well over coloured polish. I especially like it over purples, but it's also pretty nice over navy blue, I think. It's a nice little sprinkling of golden glittery dust that can add a bit of sparkle and depth to just about any manicure.

on 11/12/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I had a manicure yesterday where this was used on top of OPI's barefoot in barcelona absolutely beautiful. I fell in love went out and purchased the same day. I love this polish it is so pretty.

on 3/15/2011 12:37:00 PM

i found this in my mother in laws bathroom the other day and decided to give it a try. im not really into glitter nail polish but this totally changed my mind on it. i'd only ever had china glaze used on me at nail salons so i was really excited to find this. i havent ussed it as a top coat yet but i did layer it to get a really nice thick look. (about five layers did the trick. its a lot but the effect is awesome) just wish i had a bigger bottle! :)

on 12/11/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up at a sallys sale. In the bottle you see a gorgeous gold with green, red and orange sparkle. Holo gorgeousness. When you apply to the nail you get the holo but it is so sheer. This polish is not great on its on.

BUT this polish makes an awesome top coat. It looks great over most colors and really makes an ordinary creme look fantastic. I love putting this over navy and other dark colors. As a top coat its easy to use and only needs one coat to get your desired look. It can easily make a manicure special and that is why I would recommend this to all holo lovers.

Golden Enchantment is a gold holo glitter in a clear base. This is one glitter polish that is never going to become opaque no matter how many coats you apply. However, it is great as a top coat - I have a Charlotte Russe gold polish that is holo in the bottle but just plain gold on the nail, and adding Golden Enchantment on the top makes it look like what I expected in the first place. I also love to add it to reds, blues, and purples, though it works great over pretty much any color. Both application and removal are very easy. I really wish it could be opaque, but I really like it anyway.

on 3/28/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this as a top coat, it's really nice and sparkly.

on 3/22/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

As others here have explained, Golden Enchantment is a gold, holographic polish. I appreciate the fact that it is subtle enough to wear over other colors without changing them dramatically. I particularly like it layered over cream pastels to add a little dimension to them. I especially like it with For Audrey and Peri-Wink-le. The only problem I have with it is its incredibly strong odor. It disappears after it dries, but it's pretty intense. Still, I'll always have a bottle of this around.

on 3/14/2010 8:20:00 PM

Golden enchantment is a gold ultra fine glitter suspended in clear polish that gives of a subtle glitter/holographic effect. Its pretty subtle on its own as 2 layers though the clear polish is slightly tinted yellow but in sunlight it really pops and shines. It looks fantastic layered over lighter cremes like China Glaze For Audrey or over other golds to give it that extra oomph; I think it looks fantastic over China Glaze Gilded Treasures. It certainly looks alot better on than in the bottle.

on 11/20/2008 3:26:00 AM

there are literally tons of silver holographic glitter polishes out there, but a GOLDEN one is quite a rare treat. the holo is obviously gold on the nail, which is a plus. if you apply it too thickly or don't let it dry enough between coats it will be bubble city. i like GE as much as i like it's silver twin, but i've noticed that the base has gotten quite thick since i purchased this bottle (maybe 2 months ago?) overall, it's a unique topcoat and it adds so much versatility to your nail polish collection.

on 8/13/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I thought this would be a dupe to my beloved (and more expensive) Northern Lights Holographic top coat in gold, but it's not. It doesn't look holographic at all to me. It's a clear base with golden micro glitter. Neat but my socks are still on my feet. It was $2.99 at H2T.

Top Rated China Glaze Products