November 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Concealers - Sukí - SukiColor - Liquid Formula Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by pomegranate3

i think i would like this colour better if it was darker, i got the lighter colour of the two thinking that it would be similar colouring to YSL touche eclat, since i use that in light...but this is paler than anything i have ever bought, wish i had gotten the darker. but anyway, despite that, the quality is comparable to that of eclat as undereye concealer, however pimple wise i don`t think this is thick enough. what makes this extra special is the ingredients, it`s like a concealer and eye cream in one! and you only need a bit, which means the bottle would last you quite a while. i wish they would put it in a stick applicator or something instead, it`s such a hassle to use a separate brush with it and plus i always tend to pump out too much..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not enough coverage IMO, smells odd, too spendy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my, so far, fruitless quest for an effective natural liquid concealer, imagine my excitement when I discovered this concealer, nay not organic, but still, not choc-full of chemicals. But this comes with compromise, namely, 2 'universal' shades (compared to a brand like Becca's excessive maze of shades), a dodgy texture, and bad packaging.

But praise where praise is due, this one actually works. Suki actually conceals and brightens, fancy that? It's something of a bit of magic in the 'natural' genre of makeup, something that doesn't look like a block of beige tippex under your eyes, and promises to a Touch Eclat job with no chemicals.

Having spent a shameful sum on concealers these past months - my delicate peepers suffered badly over the winter - this is the best of a very bad crop.

Justifiably fastidious about such a delicate area (according to dermatologists, 'tis something like a mere 0.3mm in thickness, an amazing fact), anybody searching for 'goodies-that-work-but-not-for-a-small-fortune' with a natural/organic agenda knows that too many high and low-end formulations fall short of many, many fantastic synthetic products that, to be blunt, bloody work.

Agonising, I'd have saved some pennies simply by surrendering to temptation (Benefit's Erase Paste, BB, and even cheapies, such as Bourjois etc), but on the point of sin, I found Suki's concealer on my usual Wholefood shop, how fortuitous!

Yes, truth be told, I sin and secretly alternate chemical, mineral and organic (Dr Hauschka's is a joy though pricey) concealers depending on finish, but Suki's a solid winner for natural beauties, save for a few letdowns - packaging, formula, and range.

On the first, with such a thick paste, the pump clogs frequently, what an annoyance. On formula, the contents is set and cemented like a Brycreemed coiff in the wind. Verily, it melts on touch, but you'd have to smash the bottle to eek out the remainder.

My final peeve, the Flax and Linen shades that are an anomaly. On my pale-to-not-quite-porcelain skin, the Flax looks like like a bright white eyepatch. In fact, Linen, recommended for olive and darker (did they forget African skin?), is a perfect match, strange but true.

My tip, test test test on the eye area (OCD/hygiene freaks will have to relax their rules momentarily) and not the usual back-of-hand trick.

Slap my hand though, but Jane Iredale's mix 'n' match duo has been tickling my fancy, but the price, what a fright! Must breathe, resist, Suki's concealer does the job for now. So, good points going for Suki is its adorable little line, offering something niche, upfront (see the long ingredients) and different (save Maybelline, Estee Lauder and Mac doing the liquid mineral thing but with questionable purity).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by sirenette

Just tried this concealer once, at Whole Foods and its on my list now, which I'm kind of bummed about now since its so expensive. I would use this only as an under-eye concealer because the color range is really bad. I am not really sure who these colors would work for, I am a white girl with a pretty light complexion and these colors still looked kind of too light and bright, on me, like a pastel-y, sherbet-y version of my skin. I tried it on a small red spot on my face and it gave my red spot a halo. I put it under my eyes also and wasn"t impressed until I looked in the mirror a few minutes later. There was no trace of concealer under my eyes, nor was there any trace of dark circles or fine lines. It had completely melted into my skin and totally illuminated my eye area, It is like what touche eclat and all its little imitators wish they could do. I found most of those products to be too powdery or shimmery or to settle into creases, but Suki pulled it off. I instantly looked like I get eight hours of sleep every night, drink tons of water, but never alcohol or coffee, and eat pounds of fruit and vegetables. Totally worth the nuisance of having to use a separate concealer for spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by nephine

I've had my eye on this for some time but the price tag and shade match deterred me. I got samples of the two available shades from naturisimo and found my perfect match was surprisingly the lighter of the two shades (Flax) considering my first choice would have been the darker "Linen". It did deliver as promised; blended seamlessly and gave perfect coverage for blemishes and marks (they simply vanished!). You only need a tiny bit on your brush and the coverage can be built up without nasty cakiness or dryness of the skin. I'm definately buying this to replace my regular concealer stick, the added natural ingredients keep my skin soft and it did actually calm down redness too, helping me to skip on the green tone corrector for bad blemishes. Later on in the year I'll purchase the darker shade, Linen, for the summer when my skin's more tanned.
Definately get samples before you buy, you won't regret all the hassle when you've got your right shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by missy86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Suki! Seriously. I know it sounds all corny, but its simply great. Im super excited about their concealer. Its the best thing i've ever tried! Its amazingly great! I tried multiple kinds and some were nothing special, some were ok, some were good, but OMG i have never been so much excited about any kind of concealer before. Its amazing. Some people complain about the lack of colors they offer. Well, i dont think its a problem. I think the problem for many people is that really they havent figured out how to apply it. Once you find your own technique that works for you, you'll b surprised with the results. When i got it, i was all excited, as i read alot of good reviews. And then when i actually tired it i was a little disappointed. It was too thick and wouldnt blend. Then i started trying different ways of application (with, without bush, with primer, without primer, more moisture, less moisture, etc). I think the key here is that you should moisturize the spot well (for me its under my eyes), and as soon as you did it, apply the concealer. I dont think you even have to wait. Do it right away. The results are amazing. First of all you cant see that i'm wearing it. Secondly, its a perfect color match, and well, my skin seems all happy. I really recommend everybody to try it (especially those who struggled with finding smth perfect that actually works!) Just go for it and you'll fall in love with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, I like this pretty well. I got the linen because the natural tinted moisturizer is too dark and pink for my light-medium caucasian skintone. Linen is a better color for me, but a bit light, so I am mostly using it to conceal down the middle of my face (inner eye area, laugh lines, etc.). Then I put on plain cornstarch or a lightweight powder, some blush (using deeper tones for contour and brighter ones for "pop"). This seems to work pretty well for 47-year-old skin, when less is more. Back to this concealer - so far it seems to add color but be lightweight, it's longlasting and matte, smells fresh. It's fun to use because I feel good about Suki's philosophies and it feels more nurturing than other makeup lines. Not sure if it's an HG yet, sometimes my eyes feel dry, or I see the concealer pooling in my lines, or wonder if it wore off too soon, but I just need to experiment. I'm rating it high for now and will update. I love the glass pump it comes in, I just pump out a tiny bit at a time and turn the top so it is locked and won't dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by olivoil

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

High quality concealer which can be doubled as a foundation for rosy cheeks. Seamless and totallly blendable, it melts into your own skin and enhances a very polished, natural look. Only draw back? The price, $41 for just 15ml. But it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Juliecat

This product is good for covering blemishes, a little goes a long way, and it doesn't clog my pores which is kind of rare for a concealer. However the color selection is awful. Suki seriously needs to have more shades than just 2. The light shade is too dark for my fair skin and the only way I can pull off wearing it is if I wear a foundation that is a shade darker than my skin color. Suki recomends lightening their concealer by mixing it with moisturizer, but that defeats the purpose of concealer to me. I would love this product if they would just make a lighter shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

This is a good, but not great under-eye concealer. Doesn’t crease (!!!), but doesn’t offer the thickest of coverage. Layers easily, buildable color, no “tell-tale” signs of concealer by the end of the day. Best to pat on, not rub. My eyes seemed to have a glow about them, but unfortunately, the darker my circles get, the less covered they seem to be. I would have to say this concealer is best for when you miss only a few hours of sleep (as opposed to a few days).