Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 5/15/2015 11:52:00 AM

One of my first primers. Feels more like a lotion. Purchased because of the lower amount of silicone in it and the fair price for the travel size, which will last me a good while as I don't use everyday. If it keeps working for me, I will repurchase(:

on 4/19/2015 8:52:00 PM

Would definitely recommend this for acne prone skin. Doesn't brake me out has more of a lotion like texture and feels hydrating without making me oily at the same time.

on 4/16/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was hesitant to try this since one of their other primers was too oily and greasy for me (the moisturizing one i think) but this one is AMAZING. My makeup lasts ALL day and looks flawless and yes it actually does photograph a lot better. My foundation just glides over this stuff. I will never go without this primer again. Lifelong customer right here. Smashbox is amazing.

on 4/12/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have used this on and off for years now while switching up my foundations. What's most important is your primer and foundation have the same base, because if not- I heard it won't work as well! This works beautifully with the Clinique Stay Matte.

I have super oily skin which is also dry due to acne medication. I'm also very sensitive and prone to acne breakouts, I'm talking occasional cysts here and there, not just small little pimples... the ones that hurt! So I'm very cautious about what I put on my face.

Why I love this: It doesn't break me out + it keeps me matte! That's all I ever wanted in a primer! When I don't use this, my make-up slides right off... It doesn't keep me 100% matte of course because that'd be a miracle but it definitely holds my make-up in place and I only just have to blot once or twice a day.

The only thing I don't like is the price as it is pretty expensive... but a little goes a very long way! Try this if you have acne-prone, sensitive, oily skin because it has worked wonders for me personally :)

on 4/6/2015 6:22:00 AM

Pros:
- packaging is handy
- didn't break me out
- feels hydrating on my skin (bc 60% water, apparently)
- feels smooth and semi-matte after blending

Cons:
- will probably get oily after 4-5 hours

Overall great product, but will probably choose silicone-based primers over this

on 2/20/2015 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This is my favorite primer I have ever tried. Heres why.
First off, I have very sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts. I had never been a huge primer person until I recieved a sample of Too Faced Primed and Poreless. I absolutely loved how it make my face feel, and it made the makeup apply so much easier and stay on much longer.
However after about 4 days of using it I realized I was breaking out like crazy. I had made no other changes in my beauty routine or my diet, so it was obvious that this was the cause.
I looked it up and realized it had silicone in it, which can clog your pores and make you break out.
I went to Ulta and explained that I wanted a great primer with little or no silicone, and this is what the worker advised me to try.
It does have a lighter feel, almost like a moisterizer, but it works perfectly and does keep my makeup in place. Plus it has never caused me to breakout, which is the best thing I could ask for.
It is a little pricey but will last you a long time. You only need a pea size drop a day. I would highly recommend this for people with sensitive or oily skin.

on 2/19/2015 5:34:00 PM

Love this primer. Makeup goes on so smoothly, stays on all day and skin feels so soft. Will repurchase! Pity it's expensive..

on 2/18/2015 4:59:00 PM

hands down the best primer i ever used , the skin feel so soft and in the same time i cannot feel like i did put it on my skin as it happened with other primers i used before , it feels light same like the name says , and it does help a lot when i do my foundation and of course my face looks flawless and it last all day

on 2/9/2015 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the original and fell in love with it, so I gave this a try since I have oilier skin. They seem to work pretty much identical with this one keeping my makeup on a tad longer (maybe 8-10 hours or so total) if I had to time it. My skin does look smoother, I'm sure because when I take pics, it looks really smooth. Would totally buy again.

on 1/24/2015 10:39:00 PM

This primer is amazing. It makes my face feel like silk. It's a gel like formula with no smell to it that I can detect. A small sized amount goes a very long way. I 100% notice my foundation lasting longer, going on smoother and overall just looking better when I use this. Well worth the price in my opinion. Both my mother and myself were never big fans of primers until we found this one. I recommend to anyone looking for a primer that prolongs the wear time and look of foundation. I don't find the price to bad because one tube lasts me over 6 months. Have repurchased, will repurchase.