October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I used this for skin lightening and notice no significant results. I am not even sure if this worked or if they just lightened over time.
It also feels sticky and gross on the skin.
I stopped using this as I saw no real improvement.
I do use this in my diy scrubs

I use brown sugar, olive oil, and lemon.
Works wonderfully and skin soo smooth and soft after.
I make a batch and keep in my shower.
Works great on the face and I try to use at least once a week on my face for exfoliation.
I use 3-4x a week on my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Suzette90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had hyper pigmentation in my face sense my early teen years... I tried lotions but rubbing a lemon on my face did the trick my face looks normal now and I barely get pimples maybe one just before my period .. I see people giving up on lemon because it stings or dries you out my advice is wash your face well, pat dry then add a good moisturizer or lotion to your face, some moisturizers are too light and the lemon will still sting and dry you out, so a good lotion like aveeno or curel for itchy dry skin is the one I use, I put it on let it dry and sink in my pores then I rub the lemon before bed, I go to sleep and wash until morning ...I guarantee with a good lotion you won't have problems and the lemon will still do it's magic give it a try it's cheap and works !!! "

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on day 3 of using lemon juice. I started using it out of desperation really cause I broke down and decided to introduce liquid foundation into my beauty arsenal and my skin is hating me for it.
The very first time I put it on my face omg, the burning was horrible! Think about how when you squeeze a lemon all of a sudden you realize you must have microscopic cuts on your hands cause your hands are burning really bad but you know you didn't see any cuts before squeezing it. That's how bad the burning felt I really wished I had used discretion when I decided to apply it to my face undiluted. So I decided to splash some cool water on my face over the lemon juice and that helped so much. I now dilute the lemon juice to a ration of 50/50.
This stuff has definitely impressed me. I've had a big pimple brewing on the side of my nose (a place I never get pimples), a deep one too. I took a cotton swab and rub some lemon juice on it and I noticed through the day the pimple started shrinking. I'm impressed.
I've also had some closed blackheads (not a solid, open blackhead but eventually will turn into one) on my cheeks, they came out of nowhere, and I put lemon juice on them, they came to a head and I was able to pop them (not all of them though) , they scabbed up and have healed up in a matter of days. And they're not red either like these kinds of blemishes would be on me.
People are saying this helps their acne scars, when I think of scars I think of pock marks for some reason, not the pigmentation scars from acne (I wish those were the kind of scars i had). This will not help the pock marks, which I do have. It will help to cut down the redness you have from a superficial scar though. btw, most things such as cleansers and lemon juice will not take away pock marks, you need something much more strong like a TCA peel or microdermabrasion.
This has also balanced out my oiliness as well. After trying ACV and it threw off my natural oil balance, leaving me with horrible overly oily skin, lemon juice has managed to balance out my oil production so now I'm not so oily. This is only day 3 so I will come back to update but I'm so impressed with this after only 3 days. Lemon juice has helped my skin so much in such a small amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say is, WOW! This has almost gotten rid of my acne scars! I use this 5 to 6 times a week at night. NEVER use this in the morning cuz if you go out, the lemon juice will kill your skin when mixed with UV rays! Anyway, I wash my face and I put this on my skin with a cotton pad, leave it on for about half an hour to three hours, then I wipe it off with a cotton pad with witch hazel, (so I still have a small bit of lemon juice on my face before I moisturize) and then I put on moisturizer. I've been doing this for a couple months now and my scars are almost invisible! Although, I will say that if you have sensitive or dry skin, you should leave this on for less than 30 minutes or not do this process at all, as it might make your skin irritated or itchy. This is best for acne- prone and oily skin. Hope this works for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by nerminhhabib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not going to sugar coat this - we'll maybe I am. Lemon juice is ACID, so those with sensitive skin should steer clear. Also, please don't use this treatment in the morning. My favorite way of using lemon juice is making it into a mask by added 3-4 drops with chilled green tea, a spoonful of honey, and oatmeal. This concotion makes for a brightening and moisturizing DIY skin treatment.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by kioming

Oh my god, do not use lemon juice on your face if you have sensitive skin. My face is all red and inflamed and im freaking out right now...oh my god... i put a dab of penaten cream and took antibiotic pill so hopefully this nonsense will go away....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've been trying to eat healthy and trying to lose weight. Along with that, I read that drinking water with lemon juice squeezed into it is extremely healthy for you. Not only is it good to curb hunger, but great for your immune system, wakes you up, etc. so many benefits. Look it up!
Anyway, I noticed one of the benefits was the effect it has on skin. Full of vitamin c, brightens up your skin tone, gets rid of marks, so I though I should give it a try.

I tried it only 3 nights ago. WOW.

I've spent so much money and time trying to find a good product that will make my skin radiant and take away my damn scars! I have (or had ) purple acne scars and felt so insecure without any coverage on my face. I hated being without it. However, after the first night of outting lemon juice on my face and leaving it on till the next morning, I saw a significant difference. My purple scars did look more faded. My skin looked more bright. My tone was more even.

Now, on the 4th night of wearing lemon juice, my scars are now a light pink, ALMOST the color of my skin. There are some spots that are still slightly dark, however, they're fading like crazy! My skin looks so radiant and even, also verrryyyy healthy. My pores are smaller, and the pores on my nose are almost invisible! Lemon juice has a great effect on pores. It's a natural anti bacterialant, so not only does it get rid of the bacteria on your face, therefore clearing your acne, it shrinks your pores and also gets rid of wrinkles! And evens your skin. I only use it at night, because lemon juice is very sensitive to sun light, so wearing it in the day time most likely will make your skin so sensitive to the sunlight it'll darken your marks even more. You will still see a significant difference even only wearing it at night.
I apply it before my facial creams before going to bed.

Every morning, I get half a lemon and squeeze the juice into a full cup of water. I drink it 30-45 minutes before eating breakfast. It seriously wakes me up! And all that vitamin c is so healthy for you. But I don't just throw it away after I'm done. I save the lemon half in a container to put on my face later at night in the fridge. Before putting it on my face, I cleanse my skin of any debris and then I cut they send lemon half into slices. I then directly put the slices into my face, all over. Any slice I do not use i save for later. this is a great way to reuse, reduce, and recycle!

Look up the benefits and give it a try. There is no facial cream out there that can do what this natural good can. And it's so cheap. Definitely worth it. I buy lemons all the time now!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by elajean

To clear this up...

Lemon juice contains high amounts of citric acid, which is a PHOTOSENSITIZER, as most acids are when applied to the skin. Photosensitivity tends to be worse on those with sensitive skin (go figure), and also worsens with continued use. PHOTOSENSITIVITY means that your skin is more susceptible to sun damage (and more easily burned), so your lemon juice skin treatment intended to lighten and brighten your skin could backfire and do the exact opposite, darkening existing pigmentation and scars and creating new sunspots.

So proceed with caution. Wear sunblock, maybe try using lemon juice on your skin only at night, only once or twice a week, etc.

The brightening and lightening effect of lemon juice is due to its vitamin C content. A more effective option is to make yourself a vitamin C serum. I wouldn't recommend buying one off the shelves, however, as vitamin C is very unstable once mixed with water, so a serum needs to be made fresh in order to be effective. Here's a recipe!

From Wellnessmama.com:

Ingredients

tsp Vitamin C Powder
1 tablespoon distilled water OR 1 teaspoons distilled water to dissolve and 2 Tablespoons vegetable glycerine
a dark colored container to store (Vitamin C oxidizes easily)

Instructions

Dissolve the Vitamin C powder in the water.
If only using water and Vitamin C, you are done. This will store for up to 2 weeks or longer in the fridge.
If using glycerine, dissolve the Vitamin C in the smaller amount of water, then stir in glycerine and store. This version will last a month or longer.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Productjunky123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon works for everything! The only thing I've found to work so good on my skin. Tames down my flare ups. Gradually lightens acne scars and is a skin brightener and the best thing about it is that it's cheap, and natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Sandicious

The best pigmentation remover there is. Worked perfectly for me!