July 29, 2014 | 2089 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lumene - Vitamin+ Radiant C Beauty Drops

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MES

I really like the packaging on this, I think the little opaque capsules are prefect for notoriously fickle Vitamin C. Wags had this and on other C serum, the other one had a lot of irritating ingredients and not a lot of C. Personally I don't like how this feels when applied. It squeezes out of the capsule with a slightly thick gel like consistency. When rubbed on to the face it has a very powdery feel that dries very quickly. If you have ever used Benefit Porefessional, this has a very similar feel to that. After several days of continued use I developed a few bad pimples and a lot of clogged pores and stopped using it. This just isn't the right product for my sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Today is the second day in my 28 day use of this product. I really enjoy the silky way my skin feels after using this. I'm not too big on the fact that so little comes in each drop. I'm going to continue using this product for the rest of the 28 day use, but after I'll probably move on to something different.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by CarmenDigi

I read some reviews on the Lumene beauty drops of vitamin C. I read how women are feeling obsessed about wrinkled skin. Some comments were too funny. Bottom line, aging is great. The opposite of aging is being dead, and really suffering from wrinkled skin, as in becoming totally dried up and turned into worms meat. Aside from that, I love my Lumene Vitamin C beauty drops. I've been using this straight for one month and just bought another round of the product tonight. My skin needs this product now. The lines I had from scowling and stressing even in my sleep, have softened so I don't look so pissed off all the time. I don't mid aging. I do mind the cracks in my face caused by stress, pain, and all the crap I'm exposed to in the environment. I also up my intake of vitamin C and power through daily snacks of tangerines, oranges, etc. I'm obsessed with these tangerines from Costco that come in an orange bag, and are tiny little tangerines. They're called Caras. Soooo good! So delicious and so good for you. Anyway, I figure my face can use the extra help. I don't mind looking older, but I do mind looking like a crone, so this product really helps with those thin annoying lines that are just not flattering to me. To heck what other people think. I do this for myself and leave it at that. Feeling good inside out is what I am striving for. I want my outside to look good, just as I want my insides to be healthy and look good.

Tis product is not that expensive and it's lovely to put on, and has a wonderful soothing effect on me and my old soon to be FIFTY face. ;-)

Cheers all,

Carmen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Scruffy892

I can count on two fingers the number of products that soothe my irritated, sensitive skin, and this is one of them. For that reason alone it gets 4 stars. I cannot, however, testify to long-term results. I've used it multiple times but not consistently because, in spite of my ever-intensifying aging phobia, something seems to be missing on my x chromosomes that makes normal wrinkle-fearing women develop an actual skincare routine.

I generally use this like a finger down my throat after a day of skincare binging, and boy did I have a buffet of Sephora samples to feast on today! Unfortunately at the end of it, my face looked like that of a vodka-swilling crack ho. But just one of these little babies made all of the ugly go away. Instantly--and usually up until I have to reluctantly wash it off with some other irritation-inducing toxin peddled by the skin"care" industry. (Yes, I just put 3 kinds of "acid" on my face today. I am SUCH a self-loathing sheep :(

So, long story short(er)--if you too wantonly abuse yourself in the name of beauty because The Man wants you to buy more stuff in order to make yourself pretty enough to be loved, then these little gold nuggets are one of the better ways to spend the money that should be going into your Roth IRA. If you can get past the yellow ooze factor, they feel and smell pleasant--like a primer that just ran through a meadow of wildflowers in a white cotton sundress. They make my skin say "ahhhhh... Now go away and leave me alone, you stupid b!tch". For a person with normal-ish skin, they'll make you wonder, for a moment, why you bother with all those lotions and potions and concealers, cause YOUR skin looks GREAT! And then you'll remember, and slink off to CVS for more little nuggets of pretty...

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sissy70

i was looking for a product that would give my skin that brilliant radiance i wanted. I was going to try Obagi vit. C products until i found out how expensive they were. I went to CVS and found Lumene Vit C drops and figured i would give it a shot. I really like the packaging (cute little drops) i love the texture of the product on my skin. It feels light and silky. I have been using it for about a week now and the only change i have noticed, as of yet is the tone of my skin seems a LITTLE more even. As for the brilliant glistening radiance i want, Not so much!!! i will finish out the jar, hope for the best and probably spend a small fortune for Obagi vitamin C which i have heard from my dermatologist, works wonders.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by bryant73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm trying this product as a replacement to Mary Kay's C Serum (because it's $30 cheaper). It's a test run...tonight will be day 1. I'll write back as days progress to let you know how things are going. My skin is typically a combo of dry/normal. I'm 38 and seeing fine line and wrinkles (dreaded!) so I'm hoping to see what improvements can occur so that I don't run off for Botox!

Kelli

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Do nothing. Literally. OK product. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the texture. Many people like to use it as a primer. This is really good for smart shoppers. MD Skincare has a vitamin C serum which sells for $95 and feels exactly the same.However i couldn't find Lumene's ingredients for the vitamin drops. I do know they serve the same purposes. I gave it a 4 because I like the fact I can burst it open, like a small orange (straight from the source).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Ehh, these are just ok. I don't feel that they have made much of a difference as far as brightening my skin or adding the radiance factor; same diff. I guess. However, wouldn't buy again just because I absolutely ADORE my Mary Kay C+Serum which is hermetically housed to preserve its efficacy, has a very light organic scent and most importantly really delivers fine results on its promises. I also really like Avalon Organics Vitamin C products, you will too if you favor nature based products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this item at my local Winners for $12.99 CAD. After a week of trying this product, I have not noticed any significant difference, either positive or negative. I enjoy the silky smooth texture, but this is the silicone effect that could give the user clogged pores. The scent is pleasant but the lack of results prevent me from re-purchasing this product.