October 25, 2014 | 1287 users online

Lotions/ Creams - SBC collagen gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Kookoolovesyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't buy into the hype around this one at all. It does the job as a moisturiser and is light, non sticky, moisturising... Nothing special, nothing above or beyond any other moisturiser. I bought off eBay so was a fairly reasonable price. My only complaint is that the bottle it arrived in was cheap and nasty, the dispenser should lock for ease of transportation, but doesn't seem to be working. Overall just ok for me! X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by missmelodya

[edit 29th may 2014] having used this product for over a year, i can now say that although it is an excellent gel moisturiser, it became less useful for my facial skin needs over time. it began to slide and gather in to corners and take my face powder with it no mater how long i left it to absorb. the area under my eyes looked crepey after a few hours. others did not notice this but i did. disappointing. i'll still use this gel thickly layered on my face overnight as a masque, but i've since moved on to kiehl's oil free gel creme for my facial moisturising needs as it performs much better than SBC collagen gel. i would still repurchase, but for different reasons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is precisely what my sensitive skin needed all along. after using numerous serums for several years ( my face does not get on with heavy moisturisers ) i accidentally landed on the information for this product by searching for gel moisturisers.

wow. not only does this provide as much moisture as i need, it makes a fantastic base under my facial powder makeup and above all does not encourage shifting of makeup during normal wear.

my skin looks and feels better than it has in three years. this gel sinks in quickly, with minimal scent ( which fades within minutes of application.)

if, like me, you prefer to use an oil free moisturiser, and prefer the formulation of gels, i cannot recommend this product enough. i am sure this also works well under other moisturisers though i have not tested this personally as this gel is ALL i need.

the tube packaging keeps the product hygienic which is also a welcome bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

My whole family love this gel for different reasons. My elderly mum uses it as a face serum when she visits, I use it to cool my neck area when it goes red (which happens a lot at my age!) and my kids use it as a face and body moisturiser. It is a very versatile product, as are most SBC products. But I wouldn't dream of using it myself as a daily face moisturiser - I use the SBC gels as masks or overnight moisturisers as I find them slightly too sticky for daytime, 'under-make up' use. Packaging is plain but functional and the price for the amount you get is great. Oh, and the SBC Propolis gel is excellent for my rosacea - I get the p&p kind every few months - red, blotchy, itchy and an absolute pain in the **** and along with Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream, this is the best thing I've found to relieve and repair my skin. Finally, SBC Lavender gel is a great all-rounder - healing and relaxing. I'm upping the lippies as I turn to these gels more and more nowadays, they're such versatile multi-functional products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by nayna17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

SBC Calendula gel comes in a pump bottle, lovely yellow colour just like the flower it comes from. It lasts ages even when used by the whole family, my husband uses it for ezcema.
So soothing for itchy "hot" skin and as it is water based sinks in fast. Have recently used it when I had an allergic skin reaction on my face to depilatory cream and found it cooling and soothing. I get it from QVC UK not sure if it is availalble in the US.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkchinchilla

I first saw this product on QVC and was quickly seduced by the sales patter! No wanting to commit to 500ml of the stuff, I bought the 125 ml size on ebay for 10 just to try.

I love the idea of a multi purpose gel moisturiser and my skin has responded really well to this product. Not enough moisture in it for my body but on my combination skin this works a treat. I love the clean smell and often will apply it in a thick layer to soak in over a few minutes; no residue and a great makeuo base. The ingrediants list does worry me slightly as there appears to be no 'collagen' related ingrediants and I'm not sure is this really has the anti aging properties which I like to have in my skincare. Also a SPF would be ideal, which it doesn't have. All in all a good product which suits my skin but I would use a good serum underneath it if you want serious anti aging skin care.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am astounded SBC sells its gels for the prices it does!

Collagen gel consists of:
Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Yeast Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate-20, Parfum, C.1. 17200, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, d-Limonene, Linalool. ?'natural'? (what does 'natural' really mean anyway?)

How this can be moisturising with all that alcohol I'm not sure and there is no 'collagen' benefit. Ditto with the vitamin C gel - the vitamin c won't be stable so is rather pointless.

Save your money. The arnica gel and bath soak are not bad though and you can get them cheaper elsewhere (QVC etc). NB. QVC do censor completely negative reviews even though they say they don't.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2007 8:13:00 AM More reviews by nalasambi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the collagen gel, like all the gels of SBC I have tried (see my review on body firming gel). This really works and is very versatile, you can use it all over the body and the face. I do not use it on the face, since I prefer creamy structures to gels for the face. The gel smooths out the skin and makes it baby soft. The ingredients are all natural and the scent is very neutral.
This brand is fab and very good value, you have to try this gel. You can buy it on QVC and Ebay, much cheaper than on the SBC website.