November 26, 2014 | 1690 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have given this 5 lippies across the board if :A-It wasn't, say ,so pricey and B: The brush was better. That done, this is a great product for women of any age who want their skin to breathe. It's gentle,has light/medium coverage,makes your skin look air brushed and easy to apply. Doesn't cake or look phony. Just like you have good,natural skin. Lasting power is pretty good. A nice product from the mineral genre for drugstore quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by karat94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved how great this matched my skin so much!! It matches my skin flawlessly. I also loved the coverage it provided. Unfortunately, this stuff made me break out like no other. Immediately after I stopped using this my breakouts calmed a lot. I also thought this product was crazy messy. It's really hard to contain it because some of the powder is just so fine that it almost acts like dust does, it just kinda flies around and settles on whatever surface it's near. I really wish the packaging could somehow help contain the mess a little better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've experimented with this powder multiple ways over the last few months. I've applied it to bare skin, I've applied it over moisturizer, I've applied it over primer, and I've applied it over tinted moisturizer. I use my own decent kabuki versus the brush it comes with. For me I have found that no matter how I do it, I get a flaky, cakey finish that settles into fine lines and wrinkles every time. It really accentuates any dry patches. I also don't appreciate the shimmer in what is supposed to be a matte finish.
On the plus side the coverage is good, medium to full, it feels good in the skin and offers decent SPF. This product did not irritate my skin, nor did it clog my pores or cause any other type of unwanted reaction.
Even mixing with moisturizer before applying it as a foundation isn't good enough for me. The only way I'm able to gt any use is by mixing it with moisturizer and applying as concealer under my tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Midnightauro

This is my go to foundation. I've found if I can keep the brush constantly moving I manage to get coverage that looks awesome on my (extremely light) face. It takes a bit of time to get used to the brush, and it goes everywhere if you're not exceptionally light handed, but it's awesome once it's on. I love it so. I do need a primer underneath to make it stay on all day. The only gripe I have is the brush does start to smell massively strange after a week of applying daily, but I wash it gently like my other brushes, and it doesn't seem to be worse for wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MUAArtist101

This product is amazing! Makes my face look matte but not cakey, especially atop my acne and scars. Gives nice and even coverage. The only thing you need to make sure is that if you plan on going to a 12+ hour long thing to bring this puppy with you, as the powder only holds for about 8 hours :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I love the color options, the staying power, and the coverage of this mineral makeup. However, I do not love that it oxidizes like no one's business, has no lasting power, and messes with my skin. When first applied, the coverage is do natural looking and gives the skin a radiance. After a couple hours, say hello to orange, disco ball face. Your skin will look patchy and just not cute. I'm so sad, because the initial way it looks is so glorious. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation it is the only mineral makeup Ive tried besides maybeline, which I did not like. I have found that after I apply the foundation if I powder my face with a puff using my Coty Airspun powder that it looks much better. It gave less of a mineral look and more of a liquid with powder look, and the coverage was better too. I only makeup about once a month now I think it would be too drying too use every day unless you needed oil controll and did not have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never before owned a loose powder mineral foundation. I have always kind of been curious about them. I'd heard all the raving about bare minerals, but due to its hefty price and the fact I didn't even know if I would like it, I decided a cheaper alternative was required. This led me to try out the L'oreal True Match Mineral powder.

The first thing that I noticed was the brush. I am not a fan of it. It is quite harsh and I don't really think it provides a smooth finish. Therefore, I use my own own.

Second thing? The saying "less is more" has never been truer than with this product. If you apply even a little bit too much you just end up looking ashy. It clings to your skin and will not let go. It shows up your dry patches. It won't blend. It's insane. BUT if you apply just a tiny bit at a time you can build it up to perfection. I don't really wear this powder on its own. I like to wear a primer, a tinted moisturizer and then add a dusting over the top. This gives the powder something to hold onto, as well as setting my makeup as a whole and making it last all day.

I don't think I'd wear this on its own, but it works magic when worked into my makeup collection. It is more like the icing on the cake than the cake itself. It'm not convinced that I am totally converted to this type of makeup, though I do like the airbrushed effect it gives my skin.

For its price it is pretty good. There appears to be quite a lot of product: I have used it a number of times, and it still looks like there is loads left. I don't think I'll buy it again, though. I might try bare minerals next, or mac, cause I like to experiment. But I was certainly finish it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hating the bare minerals! I needed something cheaper and that wouldn't leave me so shiny. I also had really bad acne. This doesn't break me out, provides good coverage, and I get compliments on my skin, not only because I've cleared my acne (finally), but because people are saying that the makeup sits very well on my skin! I'd never ever thought if hear something like that. I've been using this for months now, this is my 3rd (or 4th?) little jar. I will continue to buy it until I can't buy it no more!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had used this product for years as a teenager, it was very light but still had a lot of coverage. But I found that I could never find a shade light enough for my overly pale skin. (I'm Icelandic). I did use it for a long time, it was just always obvious that I had makeup on my face. The price was a little much, almost $22.00 here in Canada, which is quite a bit, considering it would never last me too long. And the brush for it was terrible, not effective at all. The only way this makeup stuck around on my face was if I put a primer on first, and even then it wouldn't keep my skin matte or keep the oil on my t-zone from shining through. Okay product for someone looking for medium coverage, and someone with darker, and less oily skin. But it just wasn't for me. Instead i've started using an Aveda Dual Foundation in the Cream color, and it is the perfect match to my ghostly white skin!