September 19, 2014 | 1949 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Starbucks - Napkins

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

These work in a pinch I guess but real oil blotting papers are still preferable.

These are the same as any other fast food eatery brown napkins(bleached white ones don't quite work as well as they are more stiff and harder to see the oil on). It's also kind of a given that they would lift the oil off your face but the brown makes the oil more visible. But at the same time the napkins probably take off some of your makeup as well because the surface is not smooth and slippery like oil blotting paper is.

A big reason why you would NOT want to use these kinds of food napkins to blot is because you don't know who or what has touched them. For example the employees who load them into the napkin holders or customers who peruse them. Do you know where their hands have been, and would you want to transfer what could be on those napkins on to your face? Much like how you would not want to use toilet seat covers on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

LOL, too funny that these are on here. Still, when I read online that these worked great as blotting paper, I had to give it a shot. Although not quite as good as the Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets, these are FREE and more discreet! Perhaps someone should let Starbucks know that their napkins work better as a makeup tool than an actual napkin ... :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

Ditto, I always grab a few more napkins than necessary when I go to starbucks. Very good at blotting oil. They're very absorbent and doesn't rub your makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lborkowski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG I thought I was the only one who used these napkins as oil blotters....toooooo funny!!! These do such a great job absorbing oil, much more than other napkins for some reason. I use these along with toilet seat covers (bought a pack and use at home) and Palladio rice papers to control my crazy oily face!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am glad it works for others, sadly not for me. I have very oily skin, and the napkin does pick the oil however it still leaves my face looks shine and oily. Personally, nothing beats clean & clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUDGE BROWNIE.
THESE NAPKINS MUST BE MADE OF THE TEARS OF MAGICAL UNICORNS (That is if unicorn tears are efficient in controlling oily faces. Which I'm pretty we can assume they are)

These are perfect, especially since they're free, and I'm livin' la vida broka.

If you don't go to Starbucks, any unbleached napkin will work fine, i.e. Taco Bell, Chipotle, and other fine establishments of the like.

I hoard these like nobody's business. Why spend your hard earned moo-la on pricey blotting papers when you can pick these up for absolutely nothing?

THAT IS ABSURD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
Just go pick some up. Seriously. Just do it.

49 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I admit... I scoffed when I read somewhere ages ago that Starbucks napkins made great oil blotters. I mean come on, they are napkins for God sakes! How effective could they possibly be compared to those specially made ones? Then today I got a little bored by the counter waiting for my drink and gave it a try.... Boy was I gobsmacked when they worked like a charm! I'm now a total convert (and have squirreled away a small stash in my handbag).

A big bonus is that when you use this, it isn't obvious that you trying to blot oil off (my brother said it was a real put off to see a pretty girl suddenly whip her blotting paper out and starting dabbing away.... especially those Clean Clear ones that start turning clear when it absorbs the oil).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE these for blotting and always have them on hand in my cabinet. What's not to love? They: 1) work beautifully to get rid of shine and excess oil without depositing any gunk on my skin, 2) don't dry me out excessively or make me look flaky, 3) are easy to find and 4) they're FREE! A perfect (if not really very exciting) product if there ever was one. Highest recommendation!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I`ve been hoarding these napkins for years each time i go for my ice blend caramel latte fix. These babies really do act like face blotters and work like a dream removing oil. Best part they`re free! Maybe starbucks should venture into makeup blotters haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Anything I can get free from Starbucks is a bonus. Due to the fact their coffee is so over priced and underwhelming I will fill my purse with their napkins till it bulges. These work wonders.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No