November 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Moisturizers - Nicel Night Renew Alpha Hydroxy and Aloe Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is freaking awesome. I was shocked. I just picked it up at Big Lots because it was cheap. Been using for a week now and skin is so soft in the mornings. Went back and bought the day time cream too but don't know if I like it as much but it still works well. I have been trying all kinds of different skin stuff for my face and every thing else I bought cost more and havent seen results as fast as this. My Makeup even looks better and smoother on me. I also saw this at Dollar General but its 3$ and at Big Lots its less than 2$. Either way I will keep buying it. A dime size amount is enough so it will last forever. My search for a night time cream is over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. I really didn't expect this to work, since I got it at the 99 cent store. I've only been using it for a week and my skin is markedly softer and clearer. I've got to get some backups. I think I'll try using it on my feet now. It's certainly cheap enough to try... The scent isn't the greatest though. It smells almost metallicky, but hey, it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by hannahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent night eye cream for the price! Found this at my local 99 Cent Only Store and it's been working for me. I am especially happy that it doesn't make my eyes burn or itch, as some similar products do. Highly recommend it for those on a budget who want a good quality cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT:Been using about 2 weeks now. Not sure if this alpha hydrox is buffered to a ph level that is good for my skin. Broke out with 2 big pimples on forehead...good thing I wear bangs. Not sure if it's this or the A cream from the same company. Just saying to be careful before using on face. Still a good and cheap buy for elbows and feet if it's too strong.

I should wait at least for 2 weeks or so before writing reviews.

It's just not an every night product for me right now.

Original Review:
Like others, I bought this for under $2 at big lots after taking a look at the ingredients and knowing I had skin that responds well to alpha hydroxy products. It must have a high concentration because it stung just a little, so I immediately followed with a basic, no frills healing lotion over top of face. Face was a little pink the next morning.
I've been diluting it since then with a little basic good moisturizing lotion and pure vitamin e oil with good results. I notice a difference in clear and exfoliated skin in the AM. It can irritate eye's, so son't get too close as it does migrate around over night, so rinse it off upon arising unless you jump right into the shower.

If the alpha hydroxy is too high concentration for you, just mix and dilute it with a very basic no-frills moisturizer until you handle full strength.

You can't beat the price of this and if nothing else, will work on elbows and feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by mamieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't really review this cream without reviewing Nicel's Daily Repair Vitamin A Retinol Cream as well, because I started using them at the same time. I don't know if it's this cream or the Daily Repair (or the combination of both) that's doing the trick, but after using Nicel for a couple of months, my skin looks better than it has in a few years!

I've suffered annoying breakouts constantly in my 20s, and it's left me with acne scars all over my cheeks and chin. When you're super-pale, it's not a pretty picture to have red splotches all over the place. Using Nicel's creams every day and night not only makes my skin smoother and more moisturized, but it has significantly faded my scars, it's improved my skin tone, and most importantly, my breakouts have decreased dramatically!

All in all, you absolutely cannot beat these results and this price: $2 at Big Lots. This is an HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by muffintoyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this cream on my feet, knees, elbows and hands before I sleep and its great. I cannot trust this on my face because i have acne prone skin, but its great for my body and hands. I love it and i will purchase more of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

I remain on the fence about this product. I have sensitive skin and anything with the word "acid" in it tends to leave me red and splotchy. This is no exception. I scored this at Big Lots (a liquidation store for those not in the US) for only $1.50. I'd never heard of the brand before but that didn't deter me. I was pleased how quickly this sinks in and thrilled with how light it is. It really does seem to moisturize well. HOWEVER the Alpha-Hydroxy Acid caused some nasty splotches. It did not break me out and the splotches weren't dry at all, but they were red splotches nonetheless.
Over all I REALLY do like this cream- I just wish I didn't have the reaction I have to it.
I may seek out the other formulas but that may be difficult as my last trip to Big Lots proved not to find the brand again.

I am finding that it works great as a night time lip moisturizer. It sinks right in and buffs away dead skin...tastes a little strange- but works better than most lip balms.

All in all this is a fantastic product and while it didn't work well for me I would recommend it to others who don't have an issue with sensitivity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been testing out this product for the last few nights. I bought it off line for about 3 dollars along with the day retinol one. I didnt feel like forking out the 20 bucks for the RoC one. So far I've noticed that after I apply it it leaves my face looking very shiny, and this is after I had just washed my face with oat soap- if anyone doesnt know- this type of soap leaves your skin really matte. In the morning my eyes feel funny like I have a film of eye boogers and they itch, which is strange since I don't I dont put this stuff near my eyes. Maybe some how the greasiness of it slides across LoL who knows. As for benefits I havent noticed anything with my small laugh lines BUT it is easier to exfoliate. Make sure to wear a really good moisturizer afterwards because your skin will feel really dry. Will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

OMG! FOr a dollar...are you kidding me...I Love this stuff. I bought 2 jars a while back. I used one and packed the other in a drawer in case I ran out of my regular brand or needed it in a pinch.

I recently tried a new moisturizer that literally destroyed my skin. I didn't have the funds to replace it and was devistated. Dry crepey, blotchy, peely skin and there was nothing I could do. Then I remembered I had the jar of Nicel. After one night I could see and feel the difference. My skin was headed back to normal! For the price, you just can't beat this stuff!!!

It leaves my skin suprisingly soft, smooth and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by hersupernature

I bought this stuff at a Dollar Tree and was pleasantly surprised - this is by far one of the best products I've ever used on my face! It moisturizes very well and keeps my blemishes off, and I've never noticed this new glow I get in the morning pre-shower before using this cream. This is an excellent excellent product.