November 22, 2014 | 1419 users online

Skincare - Face - Obagi - Professional C Serum 10 percent

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by acaciaa

10/10!!!
I’m usually a crème girl. Not one for the serums (as I have oily skin). But this product I brought a few months back from a medical skin clinic in Ballajura (Perth WA ) has done wounders to my skin! I use it about 2 times a week that is all I find I need. I use this product in combination with a breathable camouflage I also brought from the medical skin clinic ( Lycogel also a 10/10 product ). The both of them together just gives me the most fresh bright even skin tone no other product could ever come close to. Will defiantly be going back for another bottle but the 30ml iv had for about 3 months now is no were near finished I should be able to get another 8-9 months out of it as a little bit goes a long way!!!!
Give it a go 

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by elicageorgieva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

asda

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remembered using this product when I had acne in my early 20s, and while it didn't clear up my acne (only BCP and spiro did), I remembered that it helped my skin tone significantly. I was in Japan (where I originally got this product) recently and saw this product on the shelf, and decided to pick it up to see if it worked as well as I remembered, since I've been out of luck finding a C serum that I really like lately. I have to say that this is my favorite C serum currently, because not only does it improve my skin tone and make my skin look bright and healthy, but it also makes it look moist as well, which the other serums I had previously been using didn't do. It's pretty expensive, but not compared to Skinceuticals, and works really well, so I do plan on repurchasing until I happen upon something that works even better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of this serum. The texture is runny and sticky, and it both stings my skin and makes it impossible to apply makeup evenly. For the right skin type this may be a very effective treatment, but I prefer other forms of topical vitamin c.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by xjadeharleyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This review is for the Professional C Serum 15%.
Obagi is an expensive skincare brand. Its products claim to penetrate the skin more deeply therefore the ingredients would be more effective. After using the vitamin C serum, my skin tone became more even and it is visibly clearer. It comes in a small 1fl oz bottle which I apply every morning under a moisturizer with SPF. It gives off a healthy dewy finish and is supposedly fighting off harmful free radicals.
Overall I do love the deep penetrating serum. It helped heal some of my acne scarring and my skin tone is even and brighter. The downside is that it didn't prevent some freckle-like spots that sprang up around the corner or my eyes. It is also extremely pricey but that small dropper bottle is lasting 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by DonnaL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will turn 60 in a few weeks and have fair combination skin that is prone to occasional belmishes and blackheads. I have been using Obagi's C serum 10% for several months now and just purchased my 2nd bottle. I did a whole lot of research (i.e. WebMD & other sites not selling products) into Vit C serums prior to trying this. After finding a lot of creditable honest research on the benefits of topical Vit C, I decided to try it. I use AfirmX at night and the Vit. C serum in the am and my skin is smoother and tighter. Price wise, Obagi is cheaper than other brands and is packaged properly, in a dark blue bottle dropper bottle (Vit C breaks down when exposed to light and air). For anyone looking to try a Vit C serum, I highly recommend the Obagi brand.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by DCKathy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm using the 15% version and getting great results. My acne seems to have cleared up, and my skin is much clearer. A man told me last week that I had beautiful skin! That's a great result for me.

I do feel this is a bit greasy going on, but it seems to absorb quickly.

I used this once before, and my skin did get great results from using the whole Obagi system, but the other products made my skin peel terribly - to the point of being painful. This isn't hurting me, but then I'm not combining it with other products.

I got this as part of a gift basket, but I would definitely use this again, or alternate it with Aveda Firming Serum, which I also love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT --- 10% best for dry/normal, 15-20% best for oily and acneic skin - so I woulsnt repurchase at this strength but at the higher ones.

This stuff worked quick on my skin. I have super oily skin with large pores in the tzone and blackheads on my nose. I noticed it made my skin red within a few days of use and started the peeling action quickly. Of course I was also using Peter Thomas Roth Potent Skin Lightener as well, but that one the vitamin C was useless since it was brown but I figured the other brightening ingredients would still work if not the vitamin c in that bottle. Anyways, in a week I noticed my skin was brighter, clearer, and more importantly the pores on my nose and cheeks were significantly smaller and significantly less blackheads. I will repurchase this again and will likely upgrade to a higher percentage one. If this doesnt do anything to your skin it is likely because you need a higher strength vitamin c like the 15 or 2o%. But this stuff works - you likely need to find the right concentration. Also, I am actually layering this underneath other brighteners at night and under other anti oxidants in the morning - so I am sure I am heightening the effect. I also have prior experience using accutane, differin, tazorac, clindamycan, retina micro, and all that other stuff - this stuff works.

However, I wish the dispenser were more air tight - this stuff will oxidize fast so i use alot just to use it up before it becomes useless.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Thank goodness I got this product for cheap in my New Beauty Test Tube because I would be really mad if I'd paid full price for this. It did nothing -- not one thing to change the tone or texture of my skin.

I have combo/dry skin with quite a few age spots as well as uneven tone and texture. I decided to give Vitamin C a shot instead of glycolic acid to see if it would help. It did not. After a month and a half, there was absolutely no change in my skin. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by desy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was glad when I got this product. I had a hope that it will improve my skin tone. I says 'professional C serum', so I think it should be superb product, and much better than regular C serum. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It broke me out after using 2 weeks. My face became red and more sensitive. This product also becomes yellow within a month, which means it oxidazes and is no longer effective as C serum. And after 2 months, it becomes brown. I am so disappointed with it. I will not buy this product again.