July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Skincare - Nivea - Nivea for Men Sensitive Extra Gentle Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by adleproduction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Literally the only face wash I can use in the morning that doesnt make my face red or shiny, I like the gel consistency and its smell is very faint. Never expected such a good face wash to be in the mens section.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by cooljiain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use the new mens sensitive one and its great ive had trouble with dove soap and biore washes and nivea is simple gentle and gets me clean and now have clear skin age 23. never had acne before but when i hit 20 got a bit as changed to dove soap then biore and both messed with me. i changed as used to use pears from 4 years to 20 lol. so yeah dove and biore very bad this range of nivea is very very good i use everything nivea now also heard neutrogena and clean and clear are pretty good too with washes but nivea mens is cool with me and got my clear skin back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Gentle fragrance-free cleansing gel
INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Farnesol, Benzophenone 4, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? My seborrheic dermatitis prevents me from using Sodium Laureth Sulfate, the primary detergent ingredient in this product but don't let that stop you from giving this a look. Firstly, this is a fragrance-free gel cleanser that is extremely mild yet capable of removing some makeup, sunscreen (not Shiseido), and other diry without drying. This clear gel does not lather and is somewhat moisturizing. The pH of this cleanser is 5.5 (acidic) and is skin-appropriate. This is located in the men's aisle so ladies, you will have to look outside of your usual area for this one but unlike most men's products this is not imbued with the nasty teenage boy cologne fragrance prevalent in many men's products.
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes if I could still use Sodium Laureth Sulfate I would use this cleanser exclusively especially since Nivea's parent company, Beiersdorf, is cruelty-free
PRICE: $6.00 CAD for 150ml

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Most men's products suck. They are more often than not loaded with irritating ingredients like menthol, peppermint, citrus oils, etc. to give that cool, invigorating rush one wants (but doesn't need). Don't get me started on overbearing fragrances. This gem, however, bucks that trend and is a welcome product for anyone, male or female. This cleanser works well, won't overdry the skin, and is full of ingredients actually beneficial for skin. I find this hard to find locally but I've found it at Albertson's and drugstore.com. I often forget this cleanser exists, which is a shame because it's great. Definitely a diamond in the rough.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by skysurfer11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I couldn't find the "extra gentle" version in Canada, but I have the Nivea for men sensitive face wash, which is essentially the same thing. First of all, this is one of the best cleansers out there. I was searching for something gentle because I don't like the idea of using something chemical-heavy, and this was the only cleanser I could find in Shoppers Drug Mart that fit my description. It doesn't break me out like Neutrogena did, and it's not really drying. You honestly can't go wrong here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looking for an HG foaming gel cleanser that removes every trace of makeup, primer, sunscreen, dirt, etc. without drying your skin in the least? Something with glycerine, chamomile, and Vitamin E? Something that is completely free of soap, dye, or fragrance and is made for senstive skin? Head to the men's aisle and buy this.
This is the best gel cleanser I've ever used and I have tried many of them. And the price? Around $5. The flip-top tube could be better designed - it tends to give me too much product with a little squeeze. I really only need a little penny-sized bit. But my search for that perfect gel cleanser is now officially over!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Mcmiche

My bf didn't like this face wash. Although, it claims to be extra gentle, he didn't find that it was. He didn't like the scent either, said it smelled too artificial and made him break out. We are still looking for a good face wash for his sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by whiskyjar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product after reading the great reviews here. However, it made my skin breakout, my face got all red and itchy.... so I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by lan_28540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried ALL kinds of cleansers (drugstore and high end) and LOVE this cleanser. I can not believe I have spent so much money in the past with other cleansers... when this one has performed so well in comparison. It is a gel like consistency. A nickel size amount is all I use to remove makeup and cleanse skin. I do not tone afterwards. This leaves my face so soft and smooth. Dove bar soap has been the only other cleanser my sensitive skin would not react negatively to. I believe I paid only $5 for this item. It was in the men's section (shaving cream area...) at Walmart. I highly recommend this product. It is not drying for my skin as the temperature is dropping a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 6:30:00 AM More reviews by mandymoos2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Who would have thought that I would find the ultimate face wash in a mens range???? This product is amazing at removing makeup and makes my skin feel really clean without making it feel dry. I will continue to repurchase.