August 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG shampoo. It's not that I love the smell or that I think it's a miracle product BUT my hair just loves it. I wash at night and the next day I have perfectly polished frizz-free hair. It's tried and true. I rotate every now and then and this gives me the best results. I pare it with TJ's tea tree conditioner, that's right I don't like the matching conditioner in this product ... but the Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Shampoo is perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely basic cleansing shampoo. It is not super stripping. In fact, I had to wash twice on 3rd day hair to get the oil and product out of my hair. It has a soft smell that even a sensitive person would like....and the price???? Can I get a what-what? 2.99 for something that someone (not me) might pay 15 bucks for at a salon. I recommend you try if you have a Trader Joes in your area. This shampoo combined with the matching conditioner made my colored hair shiny and bouncy! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Not tested on animals
2. Great ingredients
3. My hair reacted really well to this
4. Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

1. I wish they had a jumbo-sized bottle where you could pay a bit more for more product. It's a pain to have to frequently go to the store for conditioner when you run out. They only sell this product in a standard sized bottle and since I have long hair, I have to use more than the average person.
2. It's also a pain to have to go to a special store just for your hair product. They only sell this at TJ's, of course.

I really like this shampoo, over all. In fact, I love it. My hair loved it, too. My hair is naturally wavy and sometimes frizzy and dry. After using this for a small length of time and allowing my hair to get used to it, my hair became more moisturized, not frizzy, and straightened out quite a bit. I used this only in conjunction with the corresponding conditioner. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same effect with my hair if I had been using a different conditioner with this shampoo.

I used the Nourish Spa Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner every other day. On the days when I didn't wash my hair, I simply wet my hair in the shower and left it alone. I find that this allows my hair to look and feel healthier rather than washing it every day. When using this every other day, my hair wasn't oily on the days when I didn't wash it. That was great!

I would repurchase this if I stopped at a TJ's and had the extra money to throw around. This was my go-to shampoo for months and months, but then I switched to something cheaper with more product per bottle. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

**I stole a lot of wording for this review from my review for the Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner**

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by marzipanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, this conditioner smells a little weird. But it never lingers on my dry hair, so I don't mind the strange scent. Other than that, this is a great conditioner, especially since it retails for 1/5 the price of many nice brands that work on the same level.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by miriamt16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I HATE THIS. I HAVE DRY, DULL HAIR AND THIS MADE IT DRYER, DULLER BUT OILY AT THE SCALP. EW IT JUST DIDNT WORK FOR ME. I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cant say anything amazing about this except that i love the smell. it smells like watermelon jolly ranchers to me. i havent used this in a long time so i plan on buying it again sometime, if not just for the smell haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Meeko123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this shampoo! I've been using this shampoo along with the conditioner for the past two weeks and it has brought my very fine and straight limp hair back to life! With the previous drugstore brands I was using, I would notice that my hairs at the root would be slightly greasy by the end of the day. After the switch, the greasiness is gone!

In the past weeks I've noticed my hair has become shinier and much bouncier. Sometimes I look in the mirror at work and can't believe it's my natural hair with all this new volume. Like a previous reviewer stated, I've even noticed my hair slightly curls at some ends. Amazing especially since I don't use any hair products after my daily shampoo and conditioning. And my hair is extremely straight.

The only reason I docked off 1 star is because there seems to be very little lather so I don't feel like a get a really good wash. It could just be that I'm new to using more organic shampoos. Also my hair feels very tangled after shampooing but with conditioner the strands are smooth again.

If you haven't tried this shampoo yet, give it a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this shampoo, but after a few weeks of use I've noticed that it dries out my straight, fine hair with daily use. It does not lather as much as my Matrix Biolage Color Care shampoo. However, it has a light pleasing fragrance and is an inexpensive shampoo option. My local TJ's usually carries this in stock so it is not hard to find.

I would not purchase this again. The matching conditioner actually works quite well and I will continue to purchase that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by wombatqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a simple girl. I like one HG product and stick with it if it's working well for me. Unfortunately, every shampoo and conditioner I find has either been discontinued or stops working for me.

Add my hormones and meds to the mix, and basically my hair care has driven me nuts for the last 20 years. I had to completely scrap any cones and sulfates. So I had to find a natural-type shampoo. Shikai Everyday is a good one, but after a while...meh.

I tried making my own(holy crap what a mess), using shampoo bars, using water only, conditioner only...

(A side note: If you have hard water, DO NOT DO WATER ONLY hair care-it WILL be a magnificent, sticky failure)

One day in TJ's a month ago, I smelled the Spa Shampoo. Both my husband and I loved the smell(citrus-y and fresh), and tried it and the conditioner. Hubby never uses any conditioner, and wasn't thrilled with it and is sticking with Shikai. I on the other hand LOVE both of these, and will continue using them. I even use the shampoo as a body wash. I usually avoid them because they DRY OUT my already dry Socal, mature skin. And it makes my hair so soft, and SHINY. All of my silvers shine like crazy. I've only used the conditioner twice-the shampoo is usually enough for me. And the longer I use it, the better my hair is getting, so I might not need the conditioner at all.

SO glad I tried this. And I love when I'm either skeptical or indifferent about a product and it surprises me. If you have a TJ's near you pick them up-the price is right!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by JumpingJellyBean

I love shopping at Trader Joe's and usually love all of their products, so I was sad to find out that this great priced shampoo dried out my color treated hair. I immediately stopped using it and switched back to my other brands that works well for me, and my hair returned to being less tangled and more manageable.