Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 3/23/2015 10:46:00 PM

3/23/15 just bought this today--wanted to buy the regular Laura Mercier, but the saleslady told me to get the oil free as i tend to have oilier skin, but she advised my to use a moisturizer with it. So we shall see. I like a lighter tinted moisturizer for every day use, and haven't found one I like yet, so maybe this will be a fit for me. I will update my rating as time passes. Starting with 4 stars.

3/26/15 Okay, so i've worn this for a few days. Here's what I've noticed: when I put it on at first I am like "meh, it's not doing anything" but about 30-40 minutes later when I look in the mirror my skin looks pretty darn good--it's like it needs to settle in or something, but it really brings out the glow in my skin. No, there's not a lot of coverage, but I am generally not a fan of foundation, more of a BB creme and tinted moisturizer gal. I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers but they're mostly all too pink for me. This one isn't. So, so far so good.

on 2/14/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Omg. This TM sucked the moisture right out my skin leaving it very dry and flaky. I accidentally grabbed the oil free version at Sephora on a trip to NY when my travel makeup leaked all over and I had to pitch it. I got it in Blush which is a shade lighter in the oil-free than the regular version and the color was lovely. The tube is also hygienic and easy to tote around. I tried it for a little bit over a week but it just made my skin peel and I finally decided to exchange it for Porcelain in the original version. For someone with oilier skin than mine, I see how it could be a perfect makeup item. It provides more coverage than most TMs but it's still more translucent than a full foundation. Sadly it didn't work for me but I still think it's a great item for those with oily complexions.

on 2/12/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like a good tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone and provide some natural looking coverage. The LM oil free Tinted moisturizer fits the bill perfectly. I have combination skin with oily T zone, I apply this moisturizer and some powders on my T, it keeps me matte most of the day. I would definitely repurchase, this tinted moisturizer gives me the best natural finish by far, perfect for the everyday look I like.

Unfortunately this did clog my pores. It's a shame because I actually really liked the coverage and color selection.

on 12/28/2014 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great tinted moisturizer. It doesn't have quite as much coverage as the Nars tinted moisturizer, but it still gives that natural, radiant look to my skin that I love. It's perfect for everyday!

on 12/27/2014 10:19:00 AM

This summer I bought the tinted moisturizer for the first time. I wanted some leight coverage. I use this in porcelain and I love it. My skin never looked more natural. I like that it has spf 20, and the oil free version of this is good for me, althoughh I have dry skin. But it doesnt make me look shiny and still moisturizes enough.
I still use it now, in the winter, so it lasts very long. Though the price is high I think it is well worth it. I still have at least half the tube left although I use it daily for 6 month now. great purchase!

on 12/23/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have repurchased this so many times! I have quite fair skin with relatively neutral to pinky undertones and wear the shade Porcelain, and it matches very nicely. It provides a sheer coverage, but still evens out my skin tone. I would recommend this to someone, who was looking for a nice light coverage for days when you don't want to wear a fuller coverage foundation.

on 12/22/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a medium coverage foundation. I went to Sephora and got color matched across several product lines. This matches perfectly. My shade is Caramel. This gives me everything I need without being heavy. Ever since I started using this I no longer need to use filters when I take a selfie :--). I will continue to purchase until they discontinue or change the formula.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this on the recommendation of a sales associate for a lightweight, oil free base. I'm sure it looks great, but for almost $80 CAD you get:
-parabens
-strong chemical and metallic scent

If we're going to pay that price, they should at least make better efforts to use better quality ingredients.

on 12/7/2014 4:15:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this tinted moisturiser. I usually use NARS tinted moisturiser but thought I'd buy the Laura Mercier for a change. The shade is Nude and it's an excellent match for my skin tone. Once I've applied the product to my skin, it begins to oxidise and unfortunately that's where the problem lies. I have tried using a number of different Techniques to apply it, with and without primer, with different powders and no luck. I have just stuck to my tried and tested NARS.