July 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Progres Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my night eye cream and I have found it very effective at staving off lines. It has a dense, greasy texture, so it's a cream that you might prefer to use at night. It has been around for a very long time, and I guess that must be because it is so effective. It is a little pricey, but it lasts a long time because you do not need very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by tiffany86

I have yet to find a more moisturizing eye cream! It doesn't have any anti-aging ingredients, except for the fact it's adding in all that moisture. I use a very heavy concelour and it tends to get cakey. This is literally the only thing that works to keep it smooth. The only downfall is that it's not a popular product so it is not always in stock at my local store. But I haven't found anything else that beats it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kazaba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this a bit over a year ago. I was 22 at the time, and noticed my under eye area began looking crepey and dry, particularly under makeup. I have dry skin, so I decided to go with Progres due to its cult following and raving reviews found here on the internet.

This product does not claim to have any anti-aging properties or preventive benefits. It simply claims to hydrate the undereye area. Progres does this fantastically. It is quite a bit thicker than other eye creams I've tried, and as a result hydrates much more effectively.

I apply this almost daily under my makeup. I use a small spatula (came with Benefit Erase Paste) to remove the product. I only need 1/4 pea size amount for both eyes. I then gently tap the cream under my eyes and around the outer corner up to my eyelid. The thickness of the product requires that you tap it in as opposed to rubbing it in. I also use Benefit's Erase Paste over it, which is a creamy corrector. I only ever notice minimal smudging of makeup if I forget to set my concealer.

Progres has kept my undereyes looking baby soft and supple throughout the year. Many women who are long time users (15+ years) claim that it has prevented the development of fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes, and I will continue using it for that reason.

If you are worried about the price, consider this: If used sparingly, Progres will last you for over a year. I have owned mine for 13 months, and still have 1/6th-1/8th of the jar left. Even if it only lasts you a year, the $60 price tag will ultimately be an investment of $5/month to hydrate and prevent under eye wrinkles. Completely worth it to me. I am going to buy another soon so that I have one on hand when my current jar runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cleigh00

This is my HG eye cream for winter. Nothing ever feels like it keeps my eye area hydrated quite like this. I'd prefer it be in a tube over the glass jar but as long as it works, I'll keep buying it. It's a little expensive but worth every penny if you want to prevent wrinkles from parched skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the good reviews, I got this eyecream when Lancome had their 20% off friends and family sale and I'm so glad i did. it's very creamy but still absorbs fast and good for wearing under makeup. i've tried so many eyecreams before, clinique all about eye, all about eye rich, Shiseido benefiance, bioformance, the skincare, Kiehl's avocado, The body shop wise women, la prairie cavair eye gel, etc,etc. I think this is my favorite daytime eyecream right now. I started wearing eyecream since I was 20. Clinique all about eye was very good as preventing fine lines during my 20's. Now i like this one better since it's more moisturizing and since I'm older, I need something that moisturizes throughout the day which it does. I use this during the day and Shiseido benefiance at night coz it's heavier.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by buhlree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this eye cream. It is definitely a HG item! I'm 22, and don't have many fine lines yet (though I am somewhat dry around my eye area)... So I'm not trying to go for the expensive "anti-aging" products. This is more of a preventative moisture treatment. It's very heavy - just what I need in an eye cream. Most eye creams I've tried just don't provide that heavy level of moisture I'm looking for. This one does! At night I apply a good greasy layer around my eyes and my skin just soaks it up. I don't recommend using it during the day because it makes for a really shiny face. It is a tad pricey for such a small container ($55 for 0.5 fl. oz), but it actually lasts quite a long time. I purchased a new container late last May and after nearly a year... I've still got at least half left. I use this pretty much every night. A little really does go a long way. I will be repurchasing - no doubt about it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

Did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by ivysmom1

Just like everyone else on here, Im looking for my HG eye cream. Im in late 20's and need something to help my dehydrated eye area. I have fine lines but I find some of the other eye creams too irritating. This definitely adds the moisture I was hoping for; enough that my wrinkles look less pronounced. I will say by the end of my workday, my skin has soaked up all the cream. It is a thick cream that contains shea butter and has a light fragrance. Ive tried many creams and this one does exactly what it says. I believe it is about $46. It is one of my favs and I will continue to buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am still in search of my HG eyecream. Why is this so difficult? Right now, the areas around my eyes have become dry so I need a bit more hydration than I used to. I bought Progress because it claims to hydrate and moisturize, which it does. However, it broke me out. I would recommend this if you are looking for an eyecream to moisutize around the eye area but if you are extremely acne prone, use caution. I'm disappointed because I had high hopes for this cream so my search for a HG eyecream continues. I will post if I ever come across one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by terbear12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for years off and on since I worked at the Lancome counter 20 years ago. I don't know why I even try others, this is the best! Doesn't make my eyes cloudy, moisturizes perfectly without milia, helps with puffiness, helps with fine lines....what more do ya want?