August 30, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Liquid Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as the packaging, I definitely do not recommend using the attached sponge. It is very hard and does not blend the foundation well on my skin. Instead I screw the top off and use the squeeze-out applicator. The foundation itself is decent quality. I have the shade called Natural Beige, and I find that it looks a little bit orange-y on my skin. I have also found that it doesn't blend well into my hair line, so I have to be careful not to use too much or it will appear cakey. I like that it is SPF 15, unlike a lot of other foundations. It is ridiculously overpriced for the quality. I think the Wet 'n' Wild Coverall cream foundation is even better than this one, and it only costs $2-4 dollars at the drugstore. This foundation costed $11 at CVS, which I don't think is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Ohhhmysamantha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, FIRST of all do NOT use the sponge on top. It serves no purpose and will only ruin your opinion on this product. The packaging is the worst of worst, but what's inside is worth it. This foundation is the best drugstore I've come across. I used Clinique Acne Solutions before switching to this (it was the price mainly.) I have to say that I wouldn't go back either. Yes, this foundation is a little thick and it does set quickly. It doesn't come in a lot of shades, but I've found that as long as you don't cake it on that you can still look natural. I have very oily skin and have found that it works best without a primer (and I've used the best: Too Faced Primed and Poreless). Honestly, I don't think it will help with oil or acne, but it has great coverage for any blemishes so it's not a total loss. I've been using it for about 6 months now. Other than the packaging I don't think it has any downfalls that every other single foundation doesn't also have problems with.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

packaging is horrible, too hard to squeeze out the product, the sponge is like rock.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by scatcat92

I just bought this tonight, so this is my first impression- it's not great. The packaging is bizarre- it's a very thick plastic tube with a tough sponge applicator on top. The sponge isn't soft, it's pretty firm. You can twist off the sponge and squeeze out the product onto your hand. I did half of my face with the sponge, half with my fingers. The sponge was not easy to use. It is round so I couldn't get it into the corners near my eyes, and you needed a lot of product with the sponge. It didn't look good when applied with my fingers, either. It is ridiculously thick. It's potentially full coverage, but you need to load it on. It was just too thick. With one layer, the finish was pretty natural, but with anymore than that it became cakey. I'd skip this one..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hard to apply with the sponge. That's just unsanitary It's very thick so it will easily cake on. Not my personal favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by amethyst123

The results of this foundation can vary from day to day. If you use this on moisturised skin, a good primer, and good application, you can achieve a smooth, natural finish. The finish of this foundation is matte but natural looking. Through out the day, instead of feeling cakey and oily, it felt light with a nice glow. (It was warm that day too.) Overall, I like this product, you just have to know how to apply it properly.
Products I used:
- Olay complete moisturiser
- Hard Candy primer
- Elf Powder Brush to apply foundation (in dabbing motions, not rubbing)
- Elf High Definition primer (APPLYED VERY LIGHTLY WITH A BIG FLUFFY BRUSH)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by plumsandmaroons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation will make you less break out than the normal drugstore foundations,however, after i start to using this i wanted to stop using foundation. This product is good, but it gives you medium to full coverage and i m not sure if its what i want cause i cant smile as i want when i wear this one, because it is almost like a mask. it is a little bit heavy for me. I have acne problems, but usually i dont have many active ones, instead of this i have marks (hyperpigmentation) , so i need to even out my skin tone. And another dissapointing thing is i really didnt think that a mineral foundation can have paraben and didnt check the ingredients list, but it has! so ladies be careful if you are sensitive about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

Dont be fooled by this product claiming to not cause break outs...although is not as bad as other foundations i have tried it does cause some break outs....However the coverage is the best i have ever gotten from a drug store foundation.....It is that amazing....either way i had to sacrifice coverage in order for my face to completely heal....I tried mineral make up thinking it wouldnt affect my face and Everyday Minerals broke me out horribly....I finally found a mineral make up that doesnt irritate my skin at all and covereage is wonderful since i no longer have frequent break outs! I would suggest Meow Cosmetics for people with sensative skin like me....

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Crazydaisy13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted this to work. But it didn't...this foundation did not sit well on my skin. It went on ok, but after few hours, it was separating and cakey. It was very noticable and not attractive. It also made my skin look dry in areas; odd, since I have oily skin. I am glad that I bought this foundation on a major sale, otherwise I would be really annoyed!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for around 6 years so I figured it's probably time I review it.
Currently I wear very minimal makeup and so I only wear this under my eyes and over blemishes if needed. However when I first received this as a gift at 17 I wore heavier full face makeup and wore this on my entire face. It's definitely a full coverage foundation and does a good job of covering any imperfections without causing acne or irritation on my sensitive skin underneath my eyes. I always wear the physicians formula loose powder over my foundation which is necessary to prevent an oily appearance and to set it in place. Overall it's a good low priced product that works well for people with acne or sensitive skin but it can look cakey if it's applied everywhere because it's full coverage and needs to be paired with a powder.