October 24, 2014 | 1776 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

I honestly just started this tonight and I can honestly say I am in love and can see it being in my skin routine for a very very long time! I used to use the Dermalogica precleanse and I was a big fan of that but for the price you pay and the amount you get.. It wasn't worth it. I heard a lot of great things about this cleanings balm and it takes off all my makeup without my eyes burning or drying out my skin. Everyone needs to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by tigerh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this about two weeks and I'm pretty impressed - it removes all makeup including mascara really well. The balm turns into an oil whe you rub it on your face but it rinses really well. Just be careful to wash it off especially near the ears as I think it can clog if not washed off properly. I've sometimes used normal foaming facewsh afterwards but I mostly use the balm alone. It was great when I had an allergy from neem oil as the balm is so bland and gentle that it didn't irritate my skin at all but still got rid of all my makeup.

On the downside, I have no need for the bottle of Bioderma nor the Toleriane cleaner that I bought last year. TTDO balm is my new favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

PERFECT...Cleanses better than anything I have ever used.

I apply a dime size amount and It melts the makeup off, I then tissue off and then use a cotton ball damped with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel, to remove any traces of makeup left behind.
I have very sensitive skin and this cleanser is great!!!

Pros: No breakouts or irritations
Cleans all traces of foundation off face

Cons: NONE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I recently started using a Merle Norman long-lasting foundation. I was finding that it was hard to remove with my trusty makeup removing wipes. I recently returned a foundation from Sephora. I didn't have a receipt, so they gave me the refund on a giftcard. I had some time after work yesterday, I decided to go to Sephora to see if I could find something to use it on. A very helpful and friendly SA asked me if she could help me. I told her that I wanted to find a new makeup remover. She recommended this cleansing balm from Clinique. She also told me how to use it. Which was helpful. If she hadn't, I wouldn't have had a clue how to apply it. When I opened the container, I was expecting a cream. But it's actually a solid. But once you rub it on your face, it turns into a liquid. I was amazed how how well this makeup removed everything. With my makeup remover wipes, I was having to scrub to remove the Merle Norman foundation. The Merle Norman is my HG foundation, so there is no way I was going to quit using it. I was also a little concerned that it would leave a residue on my face, or be too drying on my face. But it wasn't at all. I splashed some water on my face and it came right off. My face felt clean and smooth. It didn't feel overly dry or tight. Yes, this balm is a tad pricey at $28, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aizmaskas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was my first cleansing balm and I have run through 3 jars. It is a very luxurious feeling and rich cleansing balm without any smell, excellent for removing makeup, cleansing my face and giving myself a facial massage.

Pros: doesn't give me any breakouts
excellently removes makeup and cleans skin
excellent for facial massage
just feels good

Cons: price a bit high for a facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have only been using this cleanser for a week but so far I am amazed with the results. I didn't need to powder my face at all at work today (I usually need to several times due to how oily I get) so I feel like it is helping to balance out my oil production. This removes every trace of makeup and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean but not dry or tight. It's also started diminishing the appearance of some blocked pores on my nose that I thought I would never get rid of, and people at work are commenting on how clear my skin looks! I have never paid this much for a cleanser before (it is $55 in Australia), but if it continues to give me these results I will continue to purchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I travel and spend the night at work a lot, so I wanted a make up remover that wouldn't spill all over and would take off my eye make up; this fits the bill.

The first time I used the emulsifying oil my mind was kind of blown, and this was no exception. I think it does take off more if you put it on dry, work it into a liquid on your skin, wet your hands a little, and massage on your face till it turns milky. Don't just rub it on dry and then splash it off with a ton of water (like I do if I'm tired and just want to go to bed).

There is also no lingering scent, a big gripe I had with Origins cleansing oil. And unlike DHC you don't have to order online; Cliniques can be found just about anywhere.

I always use baby was after this stuff so I can't speak to how it'd be if you used it on it's own.

That said, wow this stuff is expensive! I'm not convinced it's worth the price, but I love that it travels so easily as it's a solid.

At home I will continue to use my jojoba oil at home, but use this for away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by wendella721

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product. very gentle, hypoallergenic, unscented and perfect for sensitive skin. does irritate the eye area, and doesn't dry out my skin. A small amount lifts off all traces of make up on the face.

the product is a bit expensive. $35 but it is the best make up remover I have come accoss.

Clinique take the day make up remover for lids, lashes , and lips is very good too. for a slightly less price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tallwithglasses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great balm. It takes off all my makeup easily, including any sort of mascara. I like to use it as do face massage, and it's just right. There's no scent and no residue left after removing it. Love.
I don't like jar packaging, but it doesn't matter so much in this case.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL.
This product is just amazing. It cleans very gentely yet it's effective. My skin feels nice and smooth after using this, doesn't break me out, feels amazing on the skin.
I use this as my second step in my routine after I've pre-cleansed my face I follow up with this product and I can be sure that everything is removed from my face.
Wouldn't want to live a day without this.