April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by BlondeInDelhi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Takes all makeup off without irritating even eyes, rinses clean, and doesn't cause pimples. It also lasts a long time. I've been using it about 5 times a week for about 4 months, and I'm only about quarter a way through the tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by SleepyMilotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this daily to remove my sunscreen (and makeup when i do wear it). It does a really really great job of gently removing makeup/SS. No harsh rubbing needed, just a gentle massage. Does not break me out or leave my skin feeling dry or greasy. Does not sting my eyes at all.

It has the texture of semi-solidified coconut oil in the jar, and once you begin to massage it onto your face it melts into a coconut oil like lotion. A little goes a long way. I've used it almost daily for about 1 month and am only 1/4 of the way through the jar. It's a bit expensive but at least it lasts a while.

Will definitely purchase again! No other makeup/SS remover has compared

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have searched high and low for a makeup remover that works well without killing my skin and this is it. I can't believe that it took me so many years to find it. I wish the container was not so big (for traveling) but then again I use this every day so I want a lot of the product. A little goes a long way so this will last forever. Does not irritate eyes and works with waterproof makeup perfectly with tugging, pulling and other issues. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is some good stuff! Doesn't break me out and it's very good at doing it's intended purpose...take your makeup off in one swoop. It's great for sensitive skin-no fragrance or parabens. It is rather pricey (about $30) and it's a tub, so if hygiene is a concern to you, this isn't gonna work. Other than that, this is a great product and would buy again if I have the available funds!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this! I have dry skin and washing my face, scrubbing at it with harsh cleaners makes it feel tight and irritated. This product takes all my makeup off gently and doesn't strip my skin like other cleaners have in the past.

The tub is huge and I think it will last a long time, I probably use more of this than I should for an application, but even then it's lasting me a while. I've used it everyday since I bought it. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This didn't work for my skin. Followed directions and used this to take off my makeup and followed up with my usual cleanser. Unfortunately, this gave my pimples. I don't know why or what caused them, but each time I stopped using this my skin cleared up. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I've been using this for about two months and I still have a TON of product left. This balm takes off my makeup very well, including eye makeup, a light massage of this around and on my lashes and it completely dissolves the makeup. I use a cleansing milk afterwards and my skin is perfectly clean. I don't feel like I need to (the balm doesn't leave a residue or anything, but I like to double cleanse).

This is a perfect makeup remover/cleanser for winter time when my skin is dry, and it hasn't created any problems for my skin. Makeup wipes are just too harsh on my skin, especially around my eyes.

Really love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Nikkikat3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

D'oh! So I've been buying this for years, mostly using it with a cotton ball to dissolve the heavy eye makeup I usually wear. I didn't pay much attention to the instructions (and plus over time the formula on your fingers will dissolve the text anyway).

So I was happy, if sheepish, to have this on hand when I learned about double cleansing. I'd been using whatever liquid soap I had on hand to wash my face and it seemed to be just fine, but I've been double cleansing for awhile now and my skin is totally different. You wouldn't take a dirty dish in the sink and just splash some cold water and detergent on it, would you? This has been GREAT for my oily, acne-prone skin that I occasionally peel with Retin-A.

You just need a dime of the cleansing balm. Taking your time to rub it in and really massage your face feels great. I (GENTLY!) wipe it off with a hot washcloth, using a different washcloth for each wash to make sure I'm not spreading face bacteria again. This can be as exfoliating as you want depending on the pressure/repetition; I occasionally use a Clarisonic for step 2 but it just means I need to be gentler on step 1.

I haven't found the holy grail of followup cleansing milk/fluid yet, but the cheap stuff (Cetaphil or Avalon Organics Cleansing Milk) works just fine.

My skin has been more dewy/moist since I started this, I get fewer flakes from the Retin-A treatments, and my skin is overall clearer. Can't argue with these results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

Perfect gentle cleansing method. Wipes/ cotton rounds used with micellar solutions irritate my skin a lot. I double cleanse, using neutrogena's extra gentle cleanser after this. My skin loves it. I have acneic reactive skin and this cleansing routine has calmed my skin down by 100%. No more redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my MAC cleansing oil then i was reading about cleansing balm so i thought maybe i should try one out. Pick this one up and now i like it more than my cleansing oil. It cleans the same way but less messy than the cleansing oil. My face feels cleans after using it. Its in a jar so its not that hygienic, so i use a cotton swab or spatula to take some out whenever i use it. Just need a little bit so this jar will last a long time