December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by bbincir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading a lot of reviews, although i was hesitant to put on an oil based cleanser on my combo skin, i decided to give it a go with this product. After a week of use, only in the evening, my jawline got covered up with whiteheads, and i rarely get breakouts. They were really small but there were so many of them it was unbelievable. I stopped using it right away and it got cleared up. I will never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover I have ever tried! And the only one ever to remove my eye makeup without a struggle or any tugging.

If you have dry skin this is/will be a wonderful addition to your winter regime. It removes my eye makeup in a snap and acts as an eye moisturizer as well. For reference I use Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion (which is hardcore stuff), waterproof liquid or gel liner, and mascara and this takes it all off in basically one gentle swipe. Of course this also removes my foundation/contour etc like a charm. AND best of all it's sort of a pre-moisturizing treatment to insure that the next step (Cleansing) doesn't strip my skin...

The only "con"s to this stuff is 1) that I really can't use it on the daily as an all over remover because its so moisturizing it can be slightly difficult to fully remove - meaning that it interferes with the absorption of my other oils, lotions, and potions. BUT I can use it daily for eyes, which rocks. I use it as an all over remover and treatment 2-3 times a week to gain added much needed moisturizing properties that the skin loving ingredients provide and it really helps my skin retain moisture throughout the week. 2) Its kind of expensive but the tub will last FOREVER and a day. 3) Does this really need to be in a tub? I feel like there are plenty of other uber thick Clinique products packaged in tube form so I dunno why this is packaged in such a sort of pseudo unsanitary way. Regardless, this stuff is AMAZING.

For those reviewers that broke out using this: Clinique makes this in 2 forms, the balm (this one) and a liquid and I am pretty sure the liquid is meant for more normal to oily skin types.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Wow, this supposed gentle "balm" dried out my skin like mad and turned it into veritable sahara, parchment dry. And I KNOW it was this cleasing balm because it was the ONLY item I changed in my skin care routine.

I can't give it an abyssmal rating because this product DOES deliver what it promises - it does take off all the makeup. I also found that it rinsed off completely with water without leaving a greasy residue. So far, so good. BUT, in order to do the latter - rinse off cleanly - it HAS to contain a potent detergent. If it didn't one simply couldn't just wash it off with water. Thus, for my sensitive, already dry, skin this product isn't good. But I could see it working fabulously on more robust, normal-combo to oily skin. However, I am highly dubious that it is a swell choice for already dry skin. Do not be distracted by the Vaseline like consistency in the jar. If it remained this emollient, you'd have to remove it with soap and a heavy duty washcloth. The fact that one doesn't, that it WILL act like rinse-off soap, indicates that it isn't as gentle as it seems. A detergent based cleanser is NOT more gentle on facial skin than a gentle, moisturizing soap ( e.g. Dove Beauty bar). My advice: keep the receipt and be prepared to take it back. I did.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by gracefoowaisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this but sadly it breaks me out. I have sensitive combination skin. After using this, my jawline was very very congested, with countless of little bumps- I don't really know how to describe them, they are like zits underneath the skin layer and when extracted, are like oil seeds. I stopped using for while before doing a second test run and oh how I regretted that. The congestion got worse and I had to spend a lot of money to get my skin back on track. Even now, the congestion problem never really goes away- and I tried the balm about a year ago.
Just thought I had to share this. Becareful when trying oil products. It's not for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sugapie1

I combination skin, classic T zone, dull, dewy, dehydrated cheeks, not dry or flaky. I have very sensitive skin and eyes.

After watching Lisa Eldridge videos etc I thought right I am trying this. ( She recommended not using the same product everyday) I use this every other day, morning and night.

When I first looked inside the tub I thought oh no, this looks like greasy in a tub, why did I waste so much money.
I scooped a small amount out (about a grape size) and gently massaged it onto to my skin ( heart beating at it reminded me of lard) I gently massaged it for around two minutes and then rinsed off with tepid water and patted dry. I then again repeated the grape sized balm and gentle massage over my face for 20 minutes and rinsed off the same.

I looked in the mirror and expected a greasy, shiny look, but it wasn't. My skin looked really clean, fresh, smooth to touch, none drying. I believed it was a fluke and expected to wake up with spots. I didn't I used it everyday for 5 days (was waiting on an order from La La Roche Posay so I could use both alternatively)
Within a week, people were commenting I looked well yet they couldn't put there finger on why. (I either looked dirty beforehand ha or it's this balm)

Up to now I am very happy, only dislike is the tub and I have to put my fingers into it. Apart from that a little goes along way. I takes all my make up off, day make up and night time (heavier make up) I think I have fount one of my cleansers, only taken 20 years ha.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jennifer30baby

Lovely feeling balm. Removes all make up traces beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really effective makeup removing balm. It goes on extremely smooth (no gritty bits), removes makeup and can be washed off with water and your bare hands. It washes off better when the water is slightly warm. I usually go over it with toner or a mild face wash anyway. I highly, highly recommend this product. It is un-fragranced, mild, affordable and extremely effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent cleansing cream with a very thick consistency. You have to massage it in and then wash it down with water. It removes make-up very well, it's really mild and gentle to the skin, but can cause breakouts is you use it on its own. I think the reason for this is that I can't wash it down completely, no matter how hard I try. I follow it with La Roche Posay's Toleriane dermo-cleanser, and it works perfectly this way. I've tried a lot of cleansers, and I haven't found any which can be used on its own, so the need to pair it with another product is not a minus for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

This stuff is amazing! I have normal to dry skin...its dry now because of winter but this stuff is silky smooth and doesn't make your skin feel greasy or oily when rinsed! Kind of pricey but just need a little bit so this jar will probably last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kristinatillander