September 30, 2014 | 1747 users online

Skincare - Face - Trilogy - Rosehip Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Pinkaroma

My skin was feeling rough and quite dry due to my cleansing products, but this oil is amazing!! It has made my skin feel so soft even after cleansing to get my makeup off.

I mix it in with my moisturizer and wear it at night- you'll see results right away.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by lowisslaine

I was hoping that one bad review i came across during all my research on this "holy grail" product wouldnt apply to me. Unfortunately it did - and in a major way. Ive never had break out problems with my skin, not even going through puberty so i was shocked when a week or two later I started getting little red pimples dispersed on and around my face. (and I used it properly, only applying after freshly cleansed skin. I used St Ives scrub, and then a QV cleanser that is safe for sensitive skin). The main reasons i bought this product was for the anti-ageing benefits and treating some dry skin and other problem areas like light scars, etc. I wanted that dewy glow. Something that was natural with no harsh chemicals. Instead its made my face red, patchy, pimply and oily. And it feels awfully heavy and sticky under makeup.

It doesnt absorb quickly into the skin like it claimed to. So instead of using it twice daily: once in the morning and once at night, i could only use it before bed with some night cream. I found that it didnt moisturize my skin at all after it had absorbed.

Im so sad it didnt work on me. I talked it up and made my bf start on it too. It happened to him aswell. His face is actually worse than mine now and is the reason why I chose to write this review.

On the positive side, the packaging is not flimsy. The oil itself does not have any distinctive odours like i have read in another review. If you want to try it, i recommend buying the smaller bottle first. I made the mistake of being overly confident and wasting money on the larger bottle. Goodluck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by emeraldjpg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me, my skin is bad. I regularly get pimples and blackheads and buildup on my nose which is hard to get rid of. I have dark spots/acne scars all along my cheeks, chin, between my nose and upper lip and forehead.

At first, I didn't really care about them up until now and that's when I started getting really insecure about it. It was on my face - the first thing a person notices about another person - and I had no idea how to get rid of them.

So I googled some stuff and found out about this product. I was wary about it at first because my skin usually reacts badly to oil but I just purchased it anyway. I used it on a little spot at first but then I decided to just go all out and use it all over my face.

And that was the best thing I have ever done in my life. This product turned my skin from dull, dry, flakey and lifeless to soft, dewy, glowy and moisturized. I've had it for seven days and I've noticed a huge difference. I know it's going to take a while for the scarring to start to disappear but I feel so much more confident without make up now. I use it morning and night - as a moisturizer - and it's like magic.

Everyone's skin is different but I recommend this product, even just to try. It's affordable and easy to use. I am in love with this product. Definitely will buy again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by stella95

I am really surprised with this product! I am genetically blessed with cystic acne with most flare-ups during before that time of the month. I bought this for it's healing properties as with what comes along with cystic acne usually is hyper-pigmentation and scarring.

I've been using the smaller size bottle for over 6 months now and I see no difference to my scars honestly. Maybe they're just too deep within the skin. But I have found that on weeks that I skip this I get more breakouts. Which is really surprising to me because generally nothing works so I find this groundbreaking but not miraculous. I think moisturizing wise it's not that great, I still need to wear a moisturizer on top of it.

I apply this by dropping 4 half drops on my face and then wet my fingers and massage it in only at night. I find that for me using less is more because if I have any oil left on my face it tends to clog my pores.

While I don't really see huge changes with my skin in this product I think for the first time I've found something that causes me to breakout less which is enormous for me. Generally I find it nice to put on because it feels like you're trying to help your skin and it doesn't hurt since maybe in the future it can help with ageing anyways. PLUS thank goodness for trilogy for making two sizes. It costs less and lasts ages.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all these amazing reviews and it seemed to work at first.
Usually I stay away from oils because my skin is not really able to absorb it. It tends to sit on top of the skin, but this seemed to work a little better than other face oils that I have tried.

However recently my skin was extremely dry to the point that none of my skin care products woked, including the Rosehip Oil. Especially the area under my eyes and cheeks were so dry that whenever I smiled I had these temporary wrinkles and it made me feel really self conscious.

I switched to Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Antioxidant Concentrate and Skin Recovery Treatment Mask and my skin is pretty much back to normal, which have proven long-term benefits for the skin unlike the rosehip oil.

I won't be purchasing the Rosehip Oil again.

As an amazing alternative I recommend the Paula's Choice Antioxidant Concentrate that is available for different skin types.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Ljbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading rave reviews in the media, I really wanted this to be my new miracle oil but sadly makes me breakout over night in pimples on my forehead and chin area. I much prefer coconut oil and so will be giving the rosehip oil away :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Sabz13

I've been using this for the red marks left behind from acne and for the scars. I've used this for 5 days so far, twice a day morning and night. Just 2 drops all over the face. You can hardly tell it's on your face.
It makes your skin feel so soft instantly. I have started to notice that the red marks have been getting lighter since starting to use this. The new scars on my face look like they're starting to heal already. Already I am in love with this product. Hopefully in a few weeks time I'll be able to notice a big difference. So far very impressed with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this oil for years, it's a great basic product that is one of my staples. I use it every night and the bottle lasts quite long, even though I use quite a lot of drops since I also use it on my neck. Anyway, the oil sinks in well into my skin and gives me a moisturized, smooth skin that feels nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by saliu

Great product, meant to be good for scars, uneven skin tones and wrinkles. I myself am just using it as a evening moisturizer once every couple of nights, and it is very hydrating although the smell is not very pleasant. No oily/ cloggy feel once rubbed into the skin. Price is not too bad, one bottle lasts me about 3-6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by daniheo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic! I have always been hesitant of using oils in case my skin becomes more oily, but this absorbs to my skin fast. I put it before I go to sleep at night, I wake up and my skin is amazing. I put it before I put my make up let it absorb as a moisturizer and when I take it off at night my skin still feels good. Ever since using this my skin has a radiant glow and has less white heads and imperfections now. I would and have definitely recommended this to all my friends.