Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome stuff!
Here in New Zealand, Trilogy is pretty expensive so I guess I was hesitant about buying in the past. My friend who works at the pharmacy I go to swear by Rosehip, in fact her whole family uses it! I was looking initially for something to clear up some ugly blemishes that appeared out if no where ( too much sugar causes me to break out) I bought the small bottle and at only $24 NZ really inexpensive, i was impressed.

I swear i'll never use anything else. It's silky on your skin but not too oily considering it is oil haha. Just don't get too gung ho on it otherwise it'll take hours to absorb! After only having used it daily for a few days now the difference in my skin is epic. My twin and I suffer from facial & chest flushing and even after only a few days my face feels oddly calm which is boosting my confidence just a little bit more with each day.
I use it day and night, just wash with my usual cleanser and apply two to three drops ( sometimes less as you don't need much) massage it in and boom! All the small imperfections I used to notice on my face ( small sun spots, fine lines, blemishes etc. ) all gone.
leaves my skin dewy and healthy.

Love love love!
I recommend this to everyone! Seriously you will get your money's worth.
The only debbie downer thing is the packaging.
Glass does not travel well so i'm considering buying a plastic dropper bottle (if one exists?) Or another alternative travel friendly option.

on 7/31/2015 5:16:00 PM

When I first starting using the rosehip oil, I noticed a glowing brightness in my face. I think I got a bit overexcited and started using it day and night, probably a few drops too many. Unfortunately after using it for a week I started to break out, on my cheeks and near my chin, with a great amount of redness. It's a real shame, but I think it's just because my skin doesn't work well with oils. It hasn't in the past, but I guess I was willing to give one more a try based on the rave reviews. However, just because it doesn't suit my skin does not make me doubt that it works wonders for other people. I will keep using the oil for things like scars and stretch marks, but maybe just not on my face.

on 7/26/2015 9:54:00 AM

My Holy Grail oil for dark spots.
I have an acne prone, combo oily skin. But since I have moved to Australia, it turned into a little bit and sensitive one. Whenever I have blemishes, they leave really dark spots on my skin. However, after I use this oil treatment, the dark spot fade out quickly.
A tip of my application is just take 1 drop on my finger, tap that finger on the dark area, do not spread the product on other areas cause if my skin is still broken, it can make thing turn into badly situation

on 6/1/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Trilogy Rosehip was my first foray into oils at the tail end of my acne prone days. At first I was sure it was breaking me out so I stopped use and the breakouts persisted, so I kept at it and found that the oil was really helping with sebum control as well as hydration, leaving more balanced skin. Although it isn't a quick fix for acne, it feels soothing, smoothes skin texture and with continued use helps fade red hyperpigmentation. I wouldn't say it is particularly brightening though, which means it's less effective for things like sun damage and melasma, which are the issues I'm targeting now that my breakouts are under control.

I used 2-3 drops directly on face between cleansing and moisturiser at night, as well as a couple of drops mixed into my moisturiser in the morning on days when I was battling rough skin and flakiness. I now have dry skin starting to develop fine lines, so I use a combination of oils to target these different needs but do include Rosehip in some moisturiser/treatment blends. I'd probably use it less sparingly if it was cheaper! Trilogy Rosehip is the 'gateway' product that started my love of oils and I will continue to recommended it people of all ages, especially those with oily, combo, or acne prone skin.

on 5/29/2015 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff my skin is so sensitive and always red but my skin loves the trilogy rose hip oil but expensive but would love to buy again.

on 5/19/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My one true oil love! Tried so many oils before, but all of them made me break out horribly. This is seriously the only oil I have ever tried that doesn't break me out. I used this nightly and not only does it help with acne, but also acne marks and hyperpigmentation. I will buy again and again! So glad I bought this, the only downside is the price which is kinda annoying. But hey, if it's going to give me perfect, glowy skin I guess it's worth it!

on 4/29/2015 11:31:00 AM

I'd heard a lot of good things about this product before I had tried it. I was initially looking to try the Fushi one but that is ALWAYS out of stock! I was reluctant to purchase this as it is very expensive for what you get. But I decided to give this a go. I bought the 20ml bottle first and I saw results pretty fast. It has smoothed out the texture of my skin and has helped to get rid of acne scars.

I love the packaging and the fact that it comes with a little dropper. I think that this is good at getting out an exact amount of product.

I use this at night, after cleansing, toning and using my moisturiser. I know that a lot of people use this before they moisturise but I find that it is quite heavy and my moisturiser won't work as well.

I have bought some backups but the Fushi one has also recently come back in stock so I have ordered that too. I am hoping that it is just as efficient as you get 5x as much product for cheaper.

on 4/27/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I have very oily, acne-prone skin so I was very skeptical about purchasing this product at first, especially as I have tried Pure Argan Oil in the past which made be break out horribly, and also completely put me off applying oils directly onto my skin. To be honest, I had never heard about Trilogy or Rosehip Oil, until I first read about this product on the Vogue website, and what attracted me the most is when they mentioned that the beautiful Kate Middleton uses Rosehip Oil (what would possibly be more persuading?!). After reading many reviews, I thought I would give this a try and I am so glad I did! I add one drop of this with my Estee Lauder moisturiser in the morning, and 2-3 drops at night around 10/15 minutes after using the Estee Lauder Advaned Night Repair serum. It's only been a week since I have started using this oil, and I have already noticed that my acne marks are reducing, my skin tone is looking more even with a lovely dewy glow! For the quantity of the product, it is well worth the price as you only need a couple of drops, and the fact that it is an organic product packed with lots of vitamins and antioxidants. Will defiantly be purchasing this product again!

on 4/6/2015 2:21:00 PM

Oh man. I've been slathering my face with this for about a month and I've never had better skin. I use it both am and pm, a couple drops mixed in with my regular creams. A little more oil at night. It can be a little drying (and I have oily skin) but mixing with other products remedies that beautifully.

Results: clear, even, glowy skin with reduced past dark acne scarring and redness. No pore clogging or breakouts whatsoever. Oil production is in major balance, I rarely have to powder or blot anymore. My skin is moist, plump, and did I mention the glow?!! Seriously -- it radiates health even through heavy foundation (which I don't need anymore, but still).

I see no cons. I picked up my Trilogy oil for about $22 on sale at Whole Foods. You can find good quality rosehip oil for decent prices online if you think this brand is overpriced. I've replaced my Badger Damascus rose oil with this -- that's a great, affordable product that contains rosehip oil, and is more moisturizing on its own, but I've found that undiluted rosehip is where it's at re: results. Couldn't be happier with a product! xoxo

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 PM

*btw I have (almost-very) oily skin*

Pros:
- absorbs into skin better compared to other oils
- I use it every night (as my moisturiser) and wake up with lesser oil (not completely no oil at all, but definitely way lesser)
- helps with my acne and scars (whiteheads and scars appear to decrease slowly)
- try and only use 1-2 drops for this. a third drop does make a difference as I feel that it just sits on my skin after the first 2 drops
- I also rub my hands and generate heat and just pat the oil into my face (and LIGHTLY rub it in)

Cons:
- even tho this absorbs into the skin, there sometimes still is a layer left and does not work with makeup on top at all. tried it and my foundation completely disintegrated on my face

I find that after reading so many reviews on rosehip oil brands, trilogy seems to be the only one with trusty reviews and has 100% rosehip oil in it, thats why I bought it LOL (so definitely do your research first!) I've seen other brands that include other ingredients in the oil, so do take note.

Oily and acne-prone people, definitely do try this!! I would actually call this my holy grail haha

Popular Face Skincare Products