April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had heard many great things about this lipstick from YouTube, so I decided to try it when it was on sale at my drugstore. I believe I got it for just under $9 CAD, so while that's not horrible for a lippy, I'd much rather have a MAC lipstick for $10 more.

The packaging is just o-k. It's in a square gold tube with a snap closure, which is fine however it seems dated. But, this is the case with most of L'Oreal's lipsticks.

The color is really pretty. It resembles Angel and Blankety from MAC mixed together, leaning more on the brown side. I have NC15 or 1N1 skin, and blonde hair, and this doesn't look like a "Nude" on me, it is more of a light beige/pink. It applies very smoothly, and makes your lips look smooth and soft. On me, it wore for about 4 hours before fading, which I was pleased with.

The problem I have with this lippy is the smell! If you read other reviews, you will find this is a common theme. I personally have never had a problem with scented lipsticks, I've never been bothered by one to the point that I felt sick. But this is just horrible. It smells like plasticy-old lady, it's hard to describe but very chemical-like. Not only can you smell it extremely strongly from the moment you open the tube, but you can taste it too. I feel like I'm eating it, and it makes me thirsty and sick to my stomach.

For that reason, I had to return it, and I can't reccommend this lipstick to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think the color is great, but good lord the smell!! I hate the smell!

It has a very off-putting odor, and the scent seems to last a long time. Typically scented things don't bother me much, but something about this... it's just so bad!

The scent is strong enough that my spouse noticed it when we kissed, and mentioned how bad it smelled.

I thought maybe I had gotten an expired one. I went to the drugstore and smelled a few other ones, nope... it's just how they smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use this as lipstick--instead it's my go-to eyeshadow, blush and melasma camouflage. As an eyeshadow, it gives a beautiful pink nude color to my lids that NEVER creases or cakes. It's a beautiful nude-style blush. And lastly, it completely covers my melasma lines at the jawline. I have purchased it over and over, with lots of backups in case it gets discontinued. I love the color, the easy transport, the fact that it takes up practically no space in my purse, the fact that the case is square and doesn't roll off my counter, the fact that I don't have to buy three things and can just use this one, and the price.

The only con that I can think of is the old lady fragrance, but I'm used to it now (plus, I am an old lady!) That, and I despise the fact that it is tested on animals--get with the program, L'oreal/Lancome!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I wanted this. so freaking badly. I hardly wear nudes actually, and I see how hard it is for a nude to be 'right'. I previously bought Nyx Pure Nude and it just was NOT doing it, so I returned it. This looked nice in swatches and was highly regaurded, so I waaaiiiteed for a good sale and picked it up. I *am* happy with it, but since nudes are so tricky I will pick on a few things. It's not concealer-y, which is great, but because of that, it's also a subtle nude. It's kind of like a MLBB, and either I have dark lips or it's just very taupey pink in itself that it almost doesn't show. But at the same time, it does just enough to give a nude look without making me looking dead, and after all that is the challenge. Subtle but something....I almost notice it more from a distance than up close. This is a nice cream (my favorites) with a good consistancy. It's not dry or chalky overkill when you put too much BUT I still felt the need to blot or the lightness of it accentuates the lines in your lips and too much build up looks obvious. Again, issues with light lip colors. (I don't have to blot many corals for example, or some other shades, but do blot many reds and random other ones that are either too light or too thick.) Once you blot, you get that kind of matte settled-in look that isn't overly shiny or waxy like the Nyx one was. I'm not a fan of gloss, but this lip color is great because you can add it on top or have a more subtle shine-free matte look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by michkal

I have soooo many different lipsticks that I like, but this is the one I consistently come back to. Like others have said, it's a nude that has just enough color. It makes my lips looks naturally fuller. Most nudes wash me out, but this one doesn't even though it's pretty light. It's opaque, so I kind of dab it on. I'll put gloss on top if I want it shinier. Alone, it's just so pretty! Definitely worth a try, especially at this price. I see people hate the scent, but I love it! I pair it with au naturale liner, which I also love.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Really enjoy this!!! the color is really pretty, and honestly very flattering on olive/ tan skin! :)
this is the first nude that i truly enjoy. I find it is not very drying which is always a great thing

..the packaging looks really nice, but the cap only goes on at a certain spot, which can be annoying...also the smell is just horrible! D;
its like a classic plastic floral lipstick smell, and its quite strong!
feels super lightweight and doesnt transfer that much :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bcuz so many YT beauty gurus rave about this lip color. I like the color just hate the scent. It reminds me of my mom's lipstick back in the 80's scent, that chemical scent. I would rather have it unscented than have that kind of scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I hate this lipstick! I'm sorry to bring down the ratings down but the colour did not suit me. It was my fault because I didn't test it out before buying it. I bought it since the reviews were so high on this. I don't have really pigmented lips and it made me look dead! even my boyfriend said "ew, you have the lips of a dead person". Maybe it will be well suited with smoky eyes but on a daily basis, with neutral make up, the colour did not suit me. On top of that, the scent is sooo hard to bare. I can't stand it! It's so strong that I had to wipe it off after five mins. I'll probably be throwing this away...I've been a bit lipstick obsessed lately and this was my first letdown :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautifulSterling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite nude lipsticks. It compliments every skin tone nicely. It is not too pale or dark. This color can be worn with every makeup look, from the darkest smokey eye to the simple neutral eye. This lip color is your lip color, but better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is literally the *perfect* nude for me. I've been searching for a nude lipstick to match my very fair skin for about 4 years and this is definitely the one. It is a lighter, pinky nude shade and it just looks so natural. It's a 'your lips but MUCH better'. The shade is super moisturizing, has a nice fragrance/flavour and goes on smoothly. My only complaint is that without a nude lip liner or clear lip liner underneath, the wear time is very underwhelming- maybe 2 hours if I'm eating and it's off in seconds if I'm necking. The colour is flawless, the formula leaves room for some improvement but overall I love it and I would repurchase!