April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Moisturizers - Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford - Night Fluide

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by rudymum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All the products in this line have hydrogenated vegetable oil as one of their ingredients. That's shortening, like Crisco. I used the products faithfully for two weeks and got huge blackheads and small pimples all over my face. It was only then that I read the ingredients list.
I stopped using it, called the company, cancelled my order (was dealt with courteously but the guy tried to keep selling me more product), sent the kit back and am still waiting to have my money refunded.
This product may work for you if you have no problems with enlarged pores or blackheads, otherwise, steer clear.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by janinebul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meaningful Beauty is the worst product out on the market!! Thick, gloppy, and pasty. Then as it soaks into your pores you feel a slow buring sensation. It is just so completely awful. I actually threw it away. I have NEVER thrown anything away before.

Absolutely awful

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Tranquilina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing an infomercial, I decided to try it. I didn't want the hassle of ordering from the t.v., so I went to Sephora and bought a starter kit for $50. Like some of the reviewers said, it does make your skin very soft. I was amazed at how soft my face was. Other than that, I found it to be just ordinary products with a lot of hype. The cleanser was no different from my Cetaphil, the Spf 20 day lotion was average, the night cream was nice and rich. THe glowing serum is still a very vague product to me, I'm not really sure if this is a quick temporary glow or supposed to give me long term results...??? Not sure. I bought this out of curiousity but will not repurchase. I hate that I was suckered into buying this from all that was said on the infomercial. Cindy Crawford appears to not have aged from the age of 28-43, probably because of good genes, and a total life commitment to her appearance. (skincare, diet, exercise, lifestyle etc.) I will stick to my Paula's choice skincare line and try to take better care of my health so that I look amazing when I am 43!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gsmacduff

I am using the new night cream in the jar. It seems to work well for my combination skin along with the spf 20 Day Cream and the masque twice a week. I can feel it working, but there is no redness or peeling. I wish it came in a tube or an airless pump to ensure potency. I buy it off ebay to avoid the autoship service.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by missamerika67

My review is for the whole line, not sure which product to put it under but I will put it under the night time moisturizer since that is probably the product I hated most.

First off Let me say My Mom LOVES this line! (She is 52, Fair skin, and pretty much no wrinkles), I tried it one night at her house and I liked it, so probably a month later I ran out of my stuff and decided to give it a shot per here coaxing. She also told me one day she called and said she was out of her cleanser (altho it wasnt time yet) and the lady just sent her a free one.. so thats pretty cool I guess.

As for me, the line turned out to be VERY drying, it makes my skin itch like all the moisture is being sucked out, even the chest and neck cream is overly drying. I ended up breaking out pretty bad ( I think lack of moisture), and it took me a good month to take control again, the only pro.. i did notice my pores were smaller, really small.. probably the best ever, but for the way it made my skin feel and look otherwise, it just wasn't worth it.

I have tried the night cream here and there since, and I have regretted it every time. I just hate the way it makes my skin feel. Bad product for me, but my mom loves it.. so I don't think it is a scam (minus the whole auto ship/infomercial part).. it just depends on your skin.

Oh and I use the eye cream time to time.. but I don't know what it is suppose to do, but it doesn't really do anything.. I guess I just *hope* next time I will notice something :) (fyi, I'm 28 and love the sun, I have been going to tanning beds since I was 14. blah blah blah, i know its bad, but I am just saying this so people have an idea of what my skin is like, and to know if it may have a similar reaction as them)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Alv64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One recent lazy Sunday morning I was watching TV and Cindy's infomercial came on. I'm a sucker for infomercials, I admit it. I'm also an Esthetician and a skincare product junkie, so I was especially interested in trying this stuff just for fun. The advertised price was pretty cheap so I thought, why not? I've had clients ask me about this line so I figured, if nothing else, I would guinea pig it for the team.

Once on the phone with the service rep, I got talked into upgrading to the 7 piece regular size system for just a little bit more money, $69.00...it would last three months. Someone I "missed" the part where I would get charged $69.00 that day and two MORE monthly payments of $46 would get charged to my card...I didn't know that until the shipment actually came and it was listed on the receipt and I don't ever remember being told that. Buyer beware.

The products...

Cleanser...nothing fancy, similar to Cetaphil. Not great at all for my skin which is combo. I ended up not even using it and using my Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel with my Clarisonic instead.

Toner...Eh.It felt gross on my skin and I didn't like the scent.

Eye creme...just okay.

Masque...not bad.

Night Creme...actually LOVED this product. Nice moisturizer for daytime too and I'm a combo girl...made my skin feel and look nice. My Elta MD 46 or 45 goes over it nicely.

Glowing Serum...liked it until it started making me break out. I eliminated it from the program for a few weeks then reintroduced it and bam, breakouts started up again almost immediately. Smell isn't so great either.

Wrinkle capsules...no comment, since I still haven't tried them.

All in all...I wouldn't recommend this system. I only liked one product out of the 6 I tried and I have a lot of it left and will probably pass it on to a friend. I didn't go the "return" it route to try and get my money back...not worth the time and aggrivation to get the run around many people have gotten.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Seebers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In November 2010 I purchased the 30 day trial starter kit of Meaningful Beauty products to try out. I used the product for 2 weeks but did not feel that it lived up to all the hype so I returned the 30 day kit which I paid $39.95 via USPS and paid for delivery confirmation. Their “policy” is, if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, just return the containers within 60 days of receipt and you'll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling costs). I also called them on 12/26/10 and told them I did NOT want anymore shipments and the customer “service” lady told me I “she took care of it” and I “wouldn’t be charged anything else.” Four days later, I receive another box of Meaningful Beauty products which I refused. I marked on the package “REFUSED – ACCOUNT CLOSED – DID NOT ORDER” and promptly put it back in my mailbox on 12/31/2010.
A charge was then placed on my AMEX Blue credit card of for which I do not possess any of their products!
I called Meaningful Beauty on 3/3 to request my refund on all my money but the not so helpful and rather rude customer service person (named Jeremy, Employee ID 2231265) told me they never got the shipment returned to them and that he had not intensions of refunding my money.
After researching more about Meaningful Beauty, I discovered that this “situation” is a common practice for them. Over and over they “claim” to have “never received” the returned shipment. This is consumer FRAUD and I wish file a formal complaint for the $173.78 that was charged to my credit card.
Filed BBB Complaint. Here’s the link if you’ve been scammed too:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by greenbird

I didn't want to get locked into the Guthy-Renker auto-shipping policy, because I keep reading bad reviews about customer service. People who were charged unnecessarily, having bad customer service, or having difficulty cancelling their account. But I liked the infomercial and wanted to try the products-so I got them at JC Penny Sephora. I figured with my receipt and the Sephora policy-I can return if I don't like it. The sizes are very small-and it is not clear how much product is really in the packages.

There are some things I did learn-Dr. Jean Sebagh is not an "anti-aging expert" as touted in the infomercial. He is apparently famous in France for doing Botox, restylane, injecting other fillers, and injecting with vitamins in a way that looks natural. I find it hard to believe that Cindy Crawford's youthful glow is only from this skincare-being born with supermodel genes, and regularly visiting a doctor who is known for using cosmetic procedures years before he created a skin care line is suspicious.

Moreover, this "mysterious" melon extract they keep talking about. When I finally bought the product-there were MANY ingredients and this melon extract was way down the list. So though much was made in the informercial about this melon extract-it seems like most of the softening properties are from almond oil-which is one of the highest listed ingredients.

There are many products with antioxidants-and Meaningful Beauty is in jar packaging. So even if there was more of this melon extract-the packaging of the product may render the antioxidants unstable.

I will say that my skin is noticeably softer with a smoother texture. But I think there are is a lot of almond oil, and other skin softeners in this product.

It is not clear what-besides preventing aging by antioxidants-is in this product that will actually help with fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles. My pores have not gotten smaller-but my skin is noticeably softer in texture.

I think that having a rich moisturizer that softens skin (such as deeply moisturizing skin oils, hylauronic acid, etc), and an antioxidant in stable packaging to combat free radicals will do a similar trick. I don't see anything else in the ingredient list that actually targets signs of aging. But Cindy Crawford, Sebagh, and some other celebrities/excited consumers of this infomercial won me over. I would not repurchase. Particularly if it means dealing with auto-shipping hell and difficulty negotiating accurate charges on your credit card.

Update-I had to return this product. I started breaking out and I don't break out regularly. Although I sometimes break out in my T zone (particularly during my period)-I started breaking out on my cheeks where I am actually dry. Though my skin was noticeably softer-I was starting to erupt in pimples on areas of my face I never break out in. I also felt that the cleanser wasn't deeply cleansing my face-it was more of a mild cleanser that softens your skin. With makeup or more oily skin (my T zone is oily, my cheeks tend to be dry)-I felt like I wasn't deeply cleaning my skin of dirt, makeup, and excess oil. Product returned.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by nancymarie

This product is not a night fluide anymore but a thick, nourishing, night cream. I bought Meaningful Beauty years ago and wasn't thrilled with it but tried it again this year. I love all the products - especially the night cream. It is thick, and a little goes a long way and keeps my skin looking great and moisturized. It does not give me breakouts either like some other skin lines did.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by kellycolts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wasn't a fan. Was a decent moisturizer, nothing special. Not a thick night moisturizer, could be worn during the day. Did give face a nice glow.