April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Fragrances - J Del Pozo Esencia De Duende EDT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Oh, what a beautiful fragrance! Top notes are coriander, mandarin orange, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, hiacynth, lily-of-the-valley, lotus and rose; base notes are sandalwood, cedar, mahogany and vetiver. The citrus part of it fades away rapidly, making it a very warm and sort of musky earthy scent. Makes me think of leaves and flowers in a humid forest. It's my type of perfume, smells just right, very fine smell! It lingers on your skin without being overpowering!
Got it as a birthday present and I love it! Very famous in my spanish speaking world! I took a lippie off because unlike other perfumes in my drawer, the staying power is not that great :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this scent. As others have mentioned it's very inoffensive and 'safe'. It's floral but retains a freshness and at the same time doesn't smell like all the other fresh floral scents out there.
The bottle is certainly interesting, however the lid on mine keeps falling off which is a little annoying. I understand that this is very popular in spain - as that's where its from. I got mine from a local perfumery at a good price and although I have a vast collection of fragrances this is one of a few that my DH has actually commented (positively!) on! Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this perfume...it was one of the first ones I ever bought when I got into wearing perfume. It's definitely a unique smell, and like the reviewer below me said, it's not trendy. Def isn't something you're going to be smelling all over the place, which is really nice. The scent is a little floral and a little citrus..I'm not good with names of exact notes, but someone once told me I smelled like a Jolly Rancher! haha I don't think it's that sweet but I can see that. To me it's not overpowering, but it's definitely noticeable. I've had this same bottle for probably 8 years, (I have many perfumes so it takes forever to use up anything...) so whenever I run out I hope I can still find it to repurchase! It's classic and ageless to me, so I can see myself liking it for many years.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:37:00 AM More reviews by julidan0203

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it! Can't say it's my favorite because I have a HUGE stash of perfumes and I like most of them, but I use this one very often. It's fresh (the citrus notes stands out), it's not trendy (which I like), safe on the work environment and, as others have said, I've got many compliments while wearing it. I can't complain about the staying power, but have in mind that I live in a hot, humid, tropical climate where even light scents can induce headaches because the heat intensify them. Overall, great product, I'm on my second bottle and plan to buy more if I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by holisticzen

Interesting, and in some ways pleasant....but not something I want to smell like! It's definitely exotic and unique....but it's almost a little masculine (reminds me of a unisex frag), and the lime is really overpowering on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Top notes are lime (linden) blossom, melon, citruses, mandarin orange and bergamot; middle notes are mimose, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, caraway and cedar
I used to love this but itís fairly difficult to get hold of these days so when I saw it online I had to get a big bottle. Itís a crisp floral and, whilst I do still like the fragrance, itís not as great as what I remembered but then I find nothing ever quite is. The staying power of this is atrocious. I find the bottle slightly ridiculous - the cap looks like a dagger, especially on the huge 100ml bottle! I also have little hand and find the shape of the bottle awkward in my hands when I am trying to spray. My sister loves this so I will donate my huge bottle to her but I think I am finally starting to learn that I shouldnít buy something just because I used to like it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 7:08:00 AM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not my fav. Too strong, too fresh, a bit masculine, acid, offensive, like an old fashioned eau de cologne + sulfurous depilation cream accord + Nivea craem + linden blossom (little) + vinegar note. It is quite similar to "VV" by Roberto Verino, but VV is more wearable in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bacterium_us

This is a review for Duende by J. del Pozo. I'm not really sure if it's the same as "Esencia...", but I'll add an update as soon as I receive the bottle I ordered online. Well, on to the review... Duende is a nice, light, flowery fragrance that can pretty much be used all year round. True, lasting power may be questionable, but for me that's a plus since I live in the sweltering tropics and everything can be overpowering here. Overall, I think this is a very nice, unusual perfume which can be found for a song. Having said that, I must say it has an opening note that strangely reminds me of crap (and no, I'm not being cute here, it really reminds me of human waste, LOL). I've been wearing it for a week and thank God I only smell the crap for a few minutes now. Payoff is definitely worth it; once the malodorous note dies down, this perfume is heavenly. Some reviewers have said it has a buttery note, which I can conclude referes to the crap note. I'd say that it reminds me of magnolias, which can be off putting when smelled up close for a long time. Ladies, if you spray this generously and don't mind the weird opening note, this one is definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by missylu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this fragrance by accident. I was shopping at a discount perfume store and the associate behind the counter asked me what I was looking for and I said "something light, fresh and floral for Spring/Summer."
Well, this one was perfect! Light and fresh but it lingers a long time. It kind of reminded me of Cashmere Mist but CM lacks the freshness that EdD seems to have. I have received many compliments on it already. I would classify this as a fresh feminine fragrance. Beautiful.
Top Notes: bergamot, citrus and peach.
Middle Notes: jasmine, orange blossom and oakmoss
The base of the fragrance is: tuberose, musk and sandalwood

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first discovered this gem while living in Spain for 4 years, where it's from, and since moving back to the US, I've been able to purchase it for a great price at Perfumemania.com. It's smells refreshing and beautiful, especially great just after a shower or bath, really uplifting. It's citrusy with a hint of floral. I actually think the lasting power is quite good for an EDT. I could still smell it on myself after a few hours in a subtle way (and so could my SO who happens to love it), which is what I think the fragrance is supposed to be like. Women in Spain wear it more as a cologne for daytime. The bottle is unique with a spiral pointed top cap. For travelling I usually replace the cap with another one (The Body Shop EDT caps are a perfect fit). I will continue to purchase this online and during my yearly visits to Spain, as I cannot find anything close to it here in the US. Sephora.com came up with several suggestions, but none really match it.