December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Metal Rock

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LippieShadowLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi I'm looking for Mac Metal Rock MSF if anyone has it...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by igotsoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If anyone is interested in swapping something (an non limited Mac product) for this metal rock msf please let me know. I'm trying to complete my collection. Thanks and God bless!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by sdtjefferson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite MSFs. I have had quite a few and this is one of the few that is unique. The shade is dark but not all products can be universal. I've used it as a bronzer and a contour shade and love it as both. It has a lot of gold shimmer that I'm not a fan of. To apply, I will tap my brush in the product and flick off the shimmer. This was a limited edition release for MAC and I had to hunt for a while until I was able to do a very reasonable swap for it here. For reference, I am a NC45/NC50 in MAC, Rich Ginger in Revlon Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

Of all things that are holy in the Makeup World, this might be at the top of the list. I paid a ridiculous price for this on e-bay, and after getting and using it this week, I am not regretting it one bit. It's AMAZING! Ive been using it as a blush, I will say that it is a bit more work to use as I am very fair and pink toned (Makeup Forever HD 115), but the amount i need is scant.. I will probably never run out. Gorgeous as a shadow too. I am very pleased I got this, it is a unique color and a little goes a long way. If this was available again I would repurchase to have a backup, but I doubt Id ever get to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MissEmbrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product is beautiful and looks best on darker skin tones. I'm NW50, and I use MR as an eyeshadow and as a bronzer. When I apply it to my cheeks, I use a fan brush to get rid of excess glitter/shimmer. Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by ProudChapina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG of MSFs!!!!!! This one came out in 2005 and let me tell you it was love when I laid eyes on the beautiful deep shimmery chocolate brown with bronze shimmer msf. I am a medium deep skintone (NC 43) and found many of the old and new msf are just too pink or pale for my liking. So when I can find a deep bronze color msf I am all over it. Will I was able to get 2 of these when it came out and used it almost every day!!! But I moved and lost 1 :o( (I think my ex roommate stole it) so I took to not using it so much due to only having one left. I was every sad when the day came that I hit pan on this msf and started looking everywhere for it. I found a seller and got it at a great price!!!! I am hoping mac comes out with more colors like this one soon and if you able to get your hands on it do so

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been lusting over this msf since i 1st laid eyes on it. it took me over a year to find it priced close to retail. this product was apparently made in 05, making it 4+ years old [wow]. it's reasons like these that i love power products. it is extremely hard to find, and if you are able to get your hands on it this late in the game, count yourself lucky. metal rock is a deep shimmery chocolate brown with bronze shimmer. i'm btw a medium to dark skintone and this makes the most beautiful bronzer ever. the reason however that i'm not rating this a 5, is the glitter. it's gorgeous on but the many specks of glitter take away from it's beauty. the only place i really like glitter is on my eyes and lips [yay dazzleglass]. to minimize this, i apply it with the 187 and make sure to tap off the excess glitter before buffing it in. as summer is around the corner, i'm extremely excited to use this in all it's glory. as you can imagine, this also works well a gorgeous eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for a couple of years now and honestly have to say that this is one of my favorite mineralized skinfinishes.

Is it dark? Yes
Is it more work to use if you are pale? Yes
Is it worth it? Most definitely yes!

This mineralized skinfinish has probably the best texture of the nine or ten msfs that I own. It is velvety perfection. The pigment is rich and the glitter is much more subdued than some newer skinfinishes. I love using this a bronzer with skunk brush or an eye shadow or wet as a liner. I am an NC25 for reference. On a side note, I wish the MAC would release these in a wider range of colors. Lately it seems to be either peachy or bronzer shades that could easily be duplicated in other lines. It would be nice to have more unique and colorful mineralized skinfinishes again. Oh and please retire Shimpagne permanently and replace it with something akin to Stereo Rose or Petticoat next release. Your customer base will thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Lovinya02

Well I believe all MSF's are gorgeous and nice to look at, this one isnt very practical when it comes to actually using it. Its EXTREMELY dark!! I planned on using this on my NW20/25 skin as a bronzer but its waaaay too dark for me even with a super light tap to the msf. :/ I have 2 of them and I'm sure the two of them might outlast my lifetime. lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most people would probably think I'm crazy when they see this - Im NW 15-20. This is VERY, VERY dark. I use my 188 brush and very very lightly buff it on my face, it gives a nice bronze to my face, without looking overdone. I will probably use this alot in the summer. It really is beautiful, but I would not buy again because it will last me forever.