October 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - 100 Ultra Lift Browns

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to use this twice (two boxes) to get the effect I wanted, but I have thick black Asian hair. It definitely is brown now, but it's pretty dry and it did nothing to cover my greys. But they aren't as noticable since my hair is lighter. Took a few shampoos to get the smell out, but it wasn't that bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ITTNE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have black hair and was looking to dye it a medium brown color, my first try was with l'oreal which did nothing to my hair, then i used garnier the second week and although it didn't come out to my desired color, the dye did lighten my hair quite a bit, at first my roots were a bright orange, but they toned down a bit after. i got quite a bit of compliments on my hair also. the dye left my hair feeling soft and silky. i would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by cphen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product b/c I wanted a new brunette look for the fall. I am asian with naturally very black hair (dyed it dark brown a few months ago to get rid of highlights) and it worked wonderfully! My hair isn't too light (yay no tackiness!) but it's just light enough to see the brown in the sunlight and indoor lighting. I would say it definitely isn't brassy or reddish, just a warm medium brown. The only bad thing is the smell that lingers while applying and after rinsing! Overall, I love it, it is way better than other hair dyes that do not do anything to my black hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was the first permanent hair color I ever tried, and three years later, and over twenty colorings later, I realized it was the right way to go. I only changed it because I was bored with it, but now my hair has been dyed so much that I am skeptical about whether it will still work. My hair is naturally very dark brown and it lifted it to a lightish reddish brown, gorgeous. It wasn't even that damaging. Way less damaging than any other high-lift browns from feria and such. I am going to use it again most likely, after using color oops to get rid of my hideous black color I currently used, and see how it works. I'll see if I can update then.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Cutting to the chase, this made my hair really brassy. I guess I should just stick to regular dyes and not high lifting ones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't understand this product because it hasn't been consistent at all for me in terms of brassiness. The reason why I purchased it again was because the shade was so nice and rich the first time around and lasted a really long time, but when I bought it and used it again months later over the same color, it turned my hair orange-y.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by DAS1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this dye (Golden Brown) every 6 weeks for the last 2 years. Obviously I really like it since I've been using it for so long! My hair is naturally medium ash/neutral brown and this dye makes it a beautiful light golden brown. My hair is definitely damaged but I think that has more to do with two perms in the last year in addition to coloring every six weeks. If I didn't perm my hair I don't think there would be much damage at all. I knocked off a lippie for the applicator. There's nothing wrong with it but the one you get with L'Oreal Excellence is so much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by swtlildragonfly

Compared to Revlon Colorsilk dyes, this one left my hair luxuriously soft and silky. my natural hair color is a dark brown black (asian) and very thick and wavy. When i first washed out the dye, i was absublutly HORRIFIED! my roots were bright orange and my hair was this dark, red-orange color. however, a couple days later, the color set in (i'm guessing) and now it looks streaked with a beautiful gold-brown color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this haircolor, I get sooooo many compliments. I have naturally black hair (level 2), and this takes me to a level 5 medium brown shade. Its so shiny forever, depends on how the light hits my hair, my hair looks highlighted, people always ask me where I go to get my hair done. I used to get for $60 for touchup or $100 for highlights, its good to know that I no longer have to use bleach in my hair and pay so much at a salon. This stuff is $5 at ulta.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by laram

I have naturally dark brown hair with medium/reddish-brown ends. I was skeptical that it would really "lift" my brown but I tried it anyway. I followed the directions for previously colored hair and ended up with reddish brown lengths/ends and orange roots, except where I missed spots near my crown -- there I have an attractive mix of muddy brown and bright orange. Argh. I will end up correcting this with a brown dye.