April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by JEASB

Best lip balm I've ever used. I was a huuuuge skeptic of paying so much but I went to blue mercury and the manager said its the only thing she honestly trusted on her skin and so I got it and loved it so much I ended up going on the La Mer website and ordering replenishments. So worth it. If you're as big of a skeptic as me, do it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I was blessed to receive two of these (full-size) for free and while they worked just as well as my beloved Nivea lip butter there is no way that I would buy this with my own money. $50 bucks is a chunk of change for a lip balm. The texture feels great without little slip or overly glossy. So its nice to use under matte lipsticks. The flavor/taste is yummy. Think of a Junior Mint...the candy. Overall longevity...I can get 4-5 hours in before I have to reapply. Overnight...my lips are itching for more in the AM. I love luxury cosmetics/skincare but there are two things that my wallet will not open for when it comes to high-end...mascara and lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by lagolden

It's expensive- no doubt about it!- but TOTALLY WORTH IT. I love everything about this lip balm except the price. I like the (pretty!) pot because I can always see how much is left, how quickly I'm going through it, etc. The balm is super moisturizing- instantly relieves my dry winter lips- with a very pleasant taste that is not so overwhelming that you want to lick your lips constantly. I use this a few times a day- a little bit goes a long, long way- and am so happy with the results. One pot has lasted me close to 3 months and there's enough left for another 3 or 4 weeks.

I'd rather spend $50 on one product that does it all- and makes me so happy to use it- than $30 on multiple products that don't quite cut it. This is one purchase that I definitely don't regret.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I caved and got this because I had a 50% off one item coupon and a make up artist has used it on me during a make over because my lips were so dry. I have cronically dry lips and find that most lip balms just make it worse. I hate to say that I love this product, It stops the cracking and flaking and doesn´t sting or make it worse. I do hate the crazy price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh this stuff is ok.. Does the job but so do many other cheaper lip balms do what this does.. It is good and i will use it up but i wont repurchase as for cheaper i can get burts bees which is very similar

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Completely in agreement with the review by MUAer Sophisticate below.

Anyone who would pay $50 for a pot of lip balm is clearly not thinking straight and unfortunately I count myself in that number. I threw this into my Nordie's cart while doing some holiday shopping, figuring I would treat myself to a little gift. There is NO REASON to purchase this lip balm for the outrageous cost of $50. Here is my assessment:

1) The product is NOT one of those products that will last incredibly long. I've owned it about three weeks and am NOT using it as my primary lip treatment (just using it once or twice a day) and it is already ~1/3 gone.

2) It is NOT a miraculously effective product. It is adequate. It is NO better than any of the reasonably priced lip balms in my collection.

3) A pot of Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 lasts me over a year and costs $7.50. The La Mer lip balm is different, but NOT more effective, than the Kiehl's. The difference between the two is the texture. The Kiehl's looks like Vaseline in the pot (though more effective in my experience than Vaseline) and leaves lips shiny. The La Mer is thick, white and matte in the pot and matte on the lips.

Overall -- this product is good for one thing: conspicuous consumption. I learned my lesson. This was a poor use of $50. If you are in the one percent of Americans earning millions a year, then sure, buy and enjoy this product as your everyday chapstick. For everyone else, stick with Kiehl's or Rosebud Salve for a fraction of the cost and excellent performance.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Sophisticate

Meh. Nothing special about this lip balm to justify the cost. After reading all the rave reviews here and also after Lisa Eldridge recommended in one of her make-up "films" I had to try it. ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT! Cheap mint candy taste, doesn't last... It's not a treatment... I strongly dislike the packaging because I do not like dipping my fingers into lip balms.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jjenny

im not one to buy a lip balm for $90 in a department store because i can buy shoes or whatever. i swore at my friend for being crazy for buying one but when i tried it on my lips i cudnt stop touching them!! go out and try it hey.... ill NEVER stop using it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I generally use high-end skincare brands, I'm not loyal to one brand and also use less expensive brands like Mario Badescu. I've been a fan of La Mer for years, as I've been using Creme de la Mer religiously as my night cream for about five years and can't live without it. As far as lip balms, I can't use waxy sticks or Vaseline type products. I've been using Dr. Hauschka lip balm which retails for about $17 a jar, and is available at places like Whole Foods. I really like that product, and strayed for a chance to try La Mer's lip balm on a whim. Wow. Of course the packaging is beautiful, with La Mer's signature green as the tub's color and a mirrored top with the logo etched in the center. It looks like a $50 lip balm. Upon opening it, I was instantly reminded of a Thin Mint cookie! It literally smells and tastes like a Thin Mint, which I actually like. I was unsure of how I'd feel about the mint factor, but I find it to be refreshing. A little goes a long way, much like Creme de la Mer. My lips feel supple, nourished, and moisturized without feeling greasy or waxy. What can I say? It's perfect. Now I'm in a pickle because I am hooked! This is certainly an expensive product, and considering I use it multiple times a day I figure it will last just over a month. When money's not tight, I will be buying this product again. Another winner from La Mer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by marketabank

This is the best lip product I have ever had in my life. I hope they will never change the formula.