October 23, 2014 | 2181 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Sensual Elixir

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Arob19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent. The bottle is very fragile and I broke it while traveling. I cannot find it anywhere online. Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought Chanel Chance edp was as good as it gets. then i got a Chanel No 5 Sensual elixer sample. It is to die for. I love the soft floral, supported by faint woody amber. It smells sophisticated, modern and classic. I am not familiar with No 5 so can't make any comparisons. But this perfume is gorgeous. Does Chanel make any bad scents? I'm trying to hone in on a signature scent. In the 1980s it was Oscar. Now Chanel is mking it tough. Guess I'll end up with a few fragrances..... As I also love Shalimar Initial and Voctor & Rolf Flowerbomb too. the four I've mentioned share similrities but the Chanel scents seem more complicated.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by jminkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this scent! This is the only version of #5 I can wear. I currently wear Coco and Chance but this oil/gel is heaven. This is something I wear just for me and makes me feel cozy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by mariscrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many other reviewers, I wish this came in other incarnations, because it smells so amazing I want to take it with me wherever I go. Texturally speaking ... I'm not always in the mood to smear cold wet gel on myself but that's not necessarily a complaint, just a personal preference. Unfortunately the packaging makes it precarious to handle ... the bottle is VERY fragile. (I ordered a bottle online once and it came in pieces ... just a darn shame.) I'm not a perfumista but I would describe the scent as a kinder, gentler version of No. 5 that would work for everyday. It's definitely a touch sweeter and not as spicy. If you're working your way toward being an OG No. 5 kind of gal, this is a lovely stepping stone.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MissKittyKat

soft, powdery, sexy bedroom fragrance... this scent is to die for... everything i love about Chanel no 5 (without the sharpness)- starts out soapy then dissolves into a nice "milky chai tea "scent... lovely

*** you only need a small dab

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

OMG I love this scent so much, it's a softer, greener version of no. 5, which I also adore. I also love that it's more affordable than most of the other chanel scents, and it comes in a gel so it uses a stopper like a real parfum does, this makes it feel very elegant. It has decent staying power, wish it stayed longer, like all day, but most perfumes don't on me, my skin eats the scent quickly. I also wish they would come up with a couple more forms of this scent, like a spray edp or edt so I could use it as an all over scent and spray it on my clothes, etc.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by theoneandonlyfraggle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous - gorgeous - gorgeous. Every fragrance diva should have this in her collection. The Chanel rep at Macy's didn't know anything about this when I asked about it. She looked at me like I was a lunatic. I forgot it was called Sensual Elixir and referred to it as the fragrance gel. She was surprised to find it hiding in the cabinet.

Elegant, feminine, unusual, luxurious, golden, warm, sparkling and did I say GORGEOUS? I layer it with No 5 Premier for added staying power.

Unlike anything else. Nothing compares. So unique.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am inlove!! I love this product. I'm a fan of the iconic classic fragrance that is chanel no5, so i just had to have them all (no5 edp, premiere & sensual elixir). I love love this fluid body gel - its a much softer version of the no5 without the lemony fragrance that eau premiere has. its a beautiful smell - its soft, comforting and creamy flowery, I would recommend this to anyone who loves chanel no5. If possible, i might just adore this more than the perfume. I sometimes dab this onto my neck and wrists before I go to bed, just so i can smell it while drifting into sleep - its so comforting and cosy.

The bottle is so classic too, with the dabber you use to apply the gel to your skin. The gel feels great too - its not sticky, but not watery either. It just melts into your skin and wraps you into its flowery softness. I will repurchase this again and again. But this is hard to find tho - I ended up picking up the last bottle at the chanel counter. The sales lady told me they ordered five bottles the 2 days ago and the day before I bought mine they only had 1 left... (i guess i was lucky!) and i cant understand why

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OOHHH..I LOVE THIS...YES, SEXY SOFT,ELEGANT,FRESH POWDERY CHANEL 5 FOR THE WINTER...AND DRESSED WARM FOR A NITE OUT AND OUT FOR DINNER PARTY! LOVE THIS AND CHANEL PREMEIRE VERSION ALSO! A MUST HAVE !! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shame on the sales associate who almost cost me the pleasure of acquiring this beauty! I've been a fan of the original No. 5 since I was in middle school. Growing up, everyone I met who smelled it on me instantly reminisced about this aunt or that mother or some ex girlfriend.who used to wear it . That was fine by me, it just meant I was part of a large group of ladies with good taste! ;)
Enter, Sensual Elixir: It's everything I love about No. 5 and more! It's all there, sans the prickly aldehydes: the softness, the creamy florals, and the smooth powdery warmth. It's the olfactory equivalent to rolling naked down a hill of cashmere.
Since I don't like to announce myself with perfume, I enjoy that this is more of a skin fragrance. I wear it on the back of my neck after I don my retail-sanctioned polo shirt and pants. If a perfume can make you feel sexy and elegant in polyester, go for it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No