April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Treatments - Avalon Organics Botanicals - CoQ10 Wrinkle Defense Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by McCartney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes. I will buy this again. I'm not usually one for serums, nor have I ever believed the hype that goes along with what is usually a high price tag. However, I was impressed and quite pleased with the results. I was out of my usual Avalon moisturizing cream and thought I'd try the CoQ version. Same price (approx. $16). I really like the pleasing scent (a faint grapefruit peel scent) and the way it absorbs into my skin. I do not think there is any SPF in there, but I'll take care of that separately. It feels as though my skin just drinks in the serum and feels fresh for hours. By the way, I only have to wait about 2-3 minutes before I can apply foundation or concealer, etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings on this product. The texture is quite nice -- a light, gel-like serum that's not too silicone-y, sinks in quickly and has a fresh scent. I also like the pump bottle -- squeezes everything out as it empties and rather easy to control how much dispenses. However, I'm not sure it does much that justifies the price tag for the amount you get. And it does ball up under makeup as others have said. While I suppose you can just use it at night, the rolling off under sunscreen and makeup is a deal breaker for me. So, it's nice, but not worth a repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, I'm so disappointed by this product! I had pretty positive expectations for it, too, considering how wonderful other Avalon Organics products have worked for me. Unfortunately, this balls up like no other under moisturizer and makeup! I allowed it plenty of time to absorb into my skin but it never did. Instead, a thin layer of film just sat on the surface of my skin, and when I attempted to apply makeup, I got flakes all over my face. After four attempts, I've given up on this serum. Never before have I used a product that balls up and flakes off this badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by tadeusz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about a month now and while I am still young(ish), I do have a few fine lines under my eyes that look even more pronounced under makeup (even despite undereye primer). I'm very hesitant about using things on my skin, but after noticing it at my local commissary, I checked reviews on MUA and then checked cosmeticsdatabase.com and saw it was rated low before purchasing. The performance of this stuff actually surprised me: my fine lines are going away (there's just 1 stubborn fine line left on my right eye that won't go away)! Will be repurchasing.

Also, the packaging is kind of annoying. While I like products that come in pumps, this stuff always manages to push out too much product no matter how lightly I try to depress the pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far so good! I have been using this for a few days now and I am fairly impressed. This has exceeded my expectations. I am using it on my eyes, forehead, and throat. My eyes have had a total transformation, they are restored to their youthful self. While I am not even thirty, hormonal stress, late nights and physical stress is showing its first ugly symptoms in the form of crepey eye lids and dark circles. Also I have pretty deep forehead wrinkles and this is taking care of these problems quite nicely. The pump is great, I am always a fan of face products in a pump. Also the price is pretty reasonable I got mine on sale at the Vitamin shoppe for 18.99. I have also seen Vitacost.com has great prices however you would have to buy multiple products to get the free shipping. The texture is a bit strange and at first I felt like it was drying out before I had it rubbed in, but after a try or two I seemed to have overcome this set back. So far no break outs, and good results. If that changes I will update this review.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by blop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After two days this stuff broke me out with small pimples everywhere. I might still be able to use around my eyes but that's about it. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by PinkBerryPrincess

I bought this when I couldn't find Eucerin Redness Relief Anti-Aging Serum with CoQ10 (discontinued, I think).

I love the bottle - airtight vacuum pump style. It doesn't bother me that the bottle is transparent, I don't think there are light-sensitive ingredients in this.

The serum absorbs quickly. I use 1- 1 1/2 pump on my face and 1 pump on my neck. My face is not shiny from this. My fingers feel a little sticky from applying this, but I rinse them before and after following with sunscreen anyway.

It works well with d/s sunscreens (Coppertone, Neutrogena, L'oreal, Aveeno). However, it doesn't work with Philosophy Turbo Booster Vitamin C powder. The serum plus Turbo Booster powder will start sloughing off and makes sunscreen ball up if you don't rub it in quickly enough.

I'm using CoQ10 and sunscreen to prevent wrinkles. It's working well for me so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new "all natural" toner, and based on the reviews here, I gave this a try. I have now realized that my skin is quite sensitive to it. My face turns red and stings every time I apply it. I have been using Retin-A and figured it was just because of the Retin-A that I was so sensitive. But I stopped the R-A and kept up with the toner and it was still giving me this reaction. Last night and today I continued the rest of my skincare routine and excluded the toner, and my skin is much much calmer. I won't be using this anymore. For those with sensitive skin, beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by PVMom

I am 53 and for the last few years have noticed long vertical lines on my chest that have been getting worse and worse. Probably from a combination of sun and sleeping on my side. It was to the point that I felt self conscious in an open neckline. Well let me tell you this stuff has worked fantastic. I put it on after my shower every day and after 1 bottle those lines have almost completely disappeared!! I am so excited I hope they make it forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Laura_Iandoli

My commissary has a limited selection of Avalon products. I was looking for an eye cream to replace my old one and the best I could come up with was this CoQ10 wrinkle defense serum. I took it home and put it around my eyes and since it's specifically for wrinkles, I decided to branch out and also put it on my starting-to-form mouth and forehead lines. (I'm only 23 so it wasn't really necessary, but whatever). I have combination oily skin that had been under control for the past 3 months with no breakouts. However, 3 days later, sure enough I had pimples all along where I had applied the product. It's been a weeklong fight trying to get the breakout back under control. The product works good for eyes but be careful if you have acne prone skin.

I will continue to use this as an eye cream, since that's what I originally bought it for. But if I notice that my commissary starts carying more Avalon products, I will probably try something else by them.