Bourjois Blush

3.8

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I own this in Rose d'or. It's a medium pink with gold shimmers, very pretty. The lasting power is pretty good considering it's a powder blush. The shimmer is very subtle and can double as a highlight at the same time. However, be cautious if you have big pores, it can accentuate them. It's on the pricier side of the drugstore brand. I'll probably repurchase but it takes ages to finish it up (own it for a year and still haven't made a dent despite regular uses!).
For those who have trouble picking up the product on the brush, try sticking a tape on the blush and peel it gently, this will lift up the hardened top layer. It works for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although I LOVE the packaging the product itself is not that great at all.I have to swirl my brush 500 times to pick up a descent amount of product.Also it has glitter that ,luckily, does not transfer to my cheeks.Also, it has a weird scent (it was supposed to smell fruity but I do not like it).So, if you have sensitive skin be careful because this has definitely perfume in it.However, the lasting power is there but overall it is not worth the money.There are a lot of blushes better and cheaper than this, like nyx , wet n wild etc.

on 5/26/2015 8:17:00 AM

I bought the Rose ambré 74 and I thought it was going to be more pinkish than it actually was, I bought it throught the Internet. Its more of a pinkbrownish and its a matt blush (mine it without bismuth oxychloride).

The blush has a very strong smell and the consistency of the blush is (very) powdery and gives a matt finish. It can be a bit difficult to blend the blush to make it look natural.

I haven't used the little brush that comes with the blush.

But at least the packaging is cute.

on 1/29/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have lots of shades from this blush and love all of them. It reminds me a lot of chanel blushers. I like the smell of this blush as well, it is pleasant but not that strong. The formula is great, no fallouts when applying this and I consider it as long lasting. For me this is the best drugstore blusher on market.
PS: Rose Ambre is great shade with red lipstick and Rose Frisson perfect for everyday look if you have fair skin, Rose de jaspe if you have medium skin. Cendre de rose I like with pink eyeshadow or with fuchsia lipstick. And Sienne is great for olive skin :)

Just like the chanel blush as they are made by the exact same people ! I looove the packing simple but cute and all the colours are so pretty. Not to keen on the little brush you get with it but you can just throw that away, also there's a little mirror in the compact so great to travel with.

on 12/13/2014 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cream blush is honestly a must have for me, it blends perfectly in with my foundation and stays on my face for the majority of the day. You don't get a lot of product in the container for the amount you pay for and I find it best to use a small stippling brush to apply this as it fits perfectly in the pot and being a cream blush is easier to apply then using a blush brush designed for powders. I wouldn't recommend buying this product offline as you definitely need to sample as the colour when in the pot is no where near the colour it will transfer onto your skin. I think the pots are a great shape and design and can easily fit into your makeup bag as they're small and great for transport although for the first time in the months I have had this product the packaging opened in my makeup bag and had gone onto all my other products - causing a bit of a mess. This is definitely the blush I will be getting when this runs out as it lasts for months and gives a natural matte finish to your skin.

on 12/10/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Price : cheap. But This is really tiny. And i find the brush that comes within is pointless.

Packaging : great. 5 lippies.

But the product it self?

I have tried my best to swipe the blush using various brushes, but i keep failing. Finally i used the brush that comes within, and i succeded to built the color after 3 heavy swipes. The staying powers? Under 1 hour. Bottom line, i will never repurchase this.

The little round "pots" really are adorable. I really like that the pots are colour coded to match the blush shade inside. The blushes are the baked, dome type of blushes. They are scented, with what Bourjois describes as a "rose" scent. It's likely a love it or hate it thing. You don't notice it once applied and it hasn't irritated my skin at all.

Are these a dupe for the Chanel blushes? I don't think so. First of all the scent is totally different. Although both are baked, I find the formula and texture different. The Chanel blushes are much more pigmented. I sometimes have a difficult time getting colour from the Bourjois blushes. The staying power of both blushes is about the same though. And although the little pots are cute, they are much smaller than most of my blush brushes which can be a little annoying.

on 10/5/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Got 74 Rose ambré, picked this color for an autum look, but re-thinking next time should chose one with some light.
Like the texture, pigmentation and lasting power. Lovely package, comes with a brush, 1ts time applied to much but now got the trick. Not so inexpensive for the quantity.

on 10/4/2014 11:06:00 PM

I have rose d or . Bourjois needs to pack in the pigmentation and probably change the packaging to a better container . It is hard to get the colour out and I have to sweep it many times with my brush . It is dry and hard. Once the colour is on the cheeks , it does impart a lovely sheen of gold rose hue which is gorgeous . The product also feels girly due to the scent .

Top Rated Bourjois Products