April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Blush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I was really hoping to love this product since their foundations are amazing, but sadly I had to return it. The blush itself is ok, but I couldn't accept the smell of it. It smells like an old mans aftershave. The scent is so strong that it made my stomach twirl. I had to wash my face off right away. I'm sticking to my Nars.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by gemmaj

Seriously I don't understand the raves about this product! The packaging is cute and the colors look fab but seriously ZERO PIGMENTATION!? literally nothing... very disappointing

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:35:00 AM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these blushes! The packaging is great and they smell so good - like cinnamon and roses! I use one of the darker colors as a bronze rejoice works well. As others have mentioned, they can form a protective coating but this hasn't been an issue for me. A comparison was drawn to the Chanel dine blushes- bourjois is the same as Chanel!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Katgref

I have been buying this blush for years.. Number 72 is my favourite.. It gives me this healthy glow that I do not really need to use anything else on my face. The shade I like is hard to find as it seems to be popular and always sold out so I like to stock up on it. It lasts me forever 7-8 months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have this in the colour #95 Rose de Jaspe - which is a very pretty soft, shimmery light rosey pink in the pan and I think this colour would suit most fair to light skin tones, but will need to be built up for lighter mediums to medium skin tones (I am NC25 in MAC).

It is a bit shimmery but not excessively so and both brings out and highlights the cheekbones nicely. The shimmer is very fine, no chunky glitter. Pigmentation is poor, it takes 2 layers to actually see the colour on my skin - I do prefer MAC or Milani blushes because I feel they apply more evenly than this product. It's quite sheer even when layered. The packaging is a cute pink sturdy compact that clicks shut and hasn't broken the whole time I've been using it.

My other gripe - why add fragrance? Fragrance is in the first line on the ingredient list - like the 5th or 6th ingredient. To me this has a strong rose-violet-vanilla "old lady" powder smell. I can smell this even after I've applied it, which makes me self-concious and makes me not want to use this. It just seems pointless for make-up to be this scented and could potentially be irritating to those with sensitive skin or noses. Also - the pigmentation issue as I mentioned above turns me off these blushes especially at the price point (about $16 Cdn) as well as the weird "layer" you have to scrape off the top otherwise it will get worse. Like others have mentioned you have to scrape off the top layer after a few weeks or less of use and even then sometimes it's hard to apply. Too much headache for so little colour pay-off. Because of all that - I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by justloz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this blush, it's so compact with a mirror and its own little brush. It's such a beautiful colour and smells amazing as well! Definitely the best blush I've ever used, in both the colours I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $19CDN for a very very small blusher. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did.

This is my most favourite drugstore blushers for sure. I bought Bourjois blushers in:
33 - Lila's d'or
34 - rose d'or
48 - cendre de rose brune
74- rose ambre
95 - rose de Jaspe

On my NC25-NC30 skin these blushers show up spectacularly and have amazing pigment. Because a little goes and long way you have to be very light handed when you apply it.

Note - when your blush developes that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the blush. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the blush and peel it slowly off. Tada!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiaAimee

These are by far my favourite drugstore (or maybe even high end) blushes. Because they are baked blushes I find it gives a really pretty, subtle flush of colour but I can still really build it up if I want. The color selection is lovely, there's not a colour in there I don't like. They smell beautiful, the packaging is adorable, they last forever aswell- I've had one since Christmas and its only just finishing. For me, you can't get much better :) Also, they are extremely affordable. I would definitely recommend these!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by wenqing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois little round pot blush has one of the greatest color ranges, every single shade is so gorgeous and wearable, and every different finishes you'll need, shimmery, pearly to matte ones, every shade I own is highly pigmented and long lasting, has a buttery soft texture and blends effortlessly. Haven't had that problem with the surface hardens but I do clean my face brushes after every use so less oil and moisture is getting into them I guess. Dropped one on the ground and it didn't break a bit. One thing I can really live without is the heavy synthetic fragrance in them, fragrance actually comes the 4th in the ingredients list of these blushes, and that's A LOT. I've never seen a skincare of makeup product has that much fragrance in it, not something you put on your face. it does irritate the skin on my cheeks make it itchy on days when my skin is extra sensitive. so sensitive skin people be aware. But I don't think that being a problem for most people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I have a problem with my Bourjois blush which I owned 2 of them. As some reviewers mentioned, eventually this product formed a protective coating on it, thus preventing my brush to pick up the product.
I would have gotten the hint when I was trying to test the colour at the counter, the SA approached me with a disposable mascara brush, she started rubbing the blush hard & fast with the mascara brush saying that it formed a protective coating by itself. And she was right, if I don't use this on a daily basis, there is no way that a regular makeup brush can pick up any product.
This also applied on my Chanel dome shaped blush as well.Totally not worth buying, at any price. However, it is still usable by putting a bit of silicone primer on the product and use it as a cream blush.